Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 9,151 times

Advertisements

We're a young couple in our late 20's, early 30's, no children, currently live in SW Michigan but have the ability to move and upgrade a bit while it's a buyer's market. We're not tied down too much by location.

Our wish list:

High speed internet
Within commuting distance of multiple colleges/universities
Low cost of living
Dog friendly
Within reasonable driving distance of decent grocery stores and some shopping, like a Walmart, Target or Meijer and hardware stores
A little bit of privacy (currently live on a city lot)
A nice, relaxed, place to live with a nice view

We enjoy a pretty quiet life style, we're not into bars and clubs. Our idea of fun is pizza and a movie and hanging out with our dog. We're definitely winter people, so cold and snow are welcome

We're looking at a few houses in Canadian Lakes and like what we see, nice houses, on nice big tree lined lots on the water for far less than water front property (that's not quite as nice) down in the Kalamazoo area.

Our concerns are whether flooding is an issue in the Canadian Lakes community, whether the community rules are too restrictive and what life and people in Mecosta County are like in general.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,812 times
Default Canadian Lakes

I live in Canadian Lakes and to answer a couple of your questions - is CL too restrictive? I guess that depends on what you mean by restrictive...there are rules for the community but in my opinion they are good rules. I don't find them to be too restrictive. I think it is a great place to live and raise my children. Very quiet, people are friendly and there are a lot of things to do. As for flooding...I have not heard of flooding ever being an issue here. Please ask if there is anything else you would like to know, I moved here 5 years ago and am very happy that I did!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:19 AM

3 posts, read 6,966 times
Are you still interest in any history of the area?

Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 AM

3 posts, read 6,966 times
I meant are you still interestED in any history of the area. St. Ives (Built in the middle of a Huckleberry field surrounded by Raspberries in every direction.) has been on my back door step since it was built. Been a life long Mecosta Lakeshore property resident/semi-owner. (Grandparents started the "Family Tradition" and praying I find a way to retain it for MY grand kids.)

Old 01-15-2011, 07:44 PM

39 posts, read 108,564 times
You should look at Townline Lake In Lakeview also, Which Is About 15 Mins south of canadian lakes, Its about 32 mins To Big Rapids And 25 mins Greenville, which both have Meijer, walmart, and some hardware stores, nearest target In Mt Pleasant, and look at Rock Lake Which Is 30 mins southeast of canadian lakes off of M-46 Between Edmore and vestaburg, good schools too Its about 15 mins west of Alma, 25 mins southwest of Mt Pleasant, Lake Isabella, 10 mins west of mt pleasant,10 mins east of chippewa lake And last chippewa lake, which is 25 mins west of mt pleasant, 25 mins east of Big Rapids and 15 mins north of canadian lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan