Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:20 AM

43 posts, read 99,320 times

Advertisements

really, is it cooler up there than where i am now? I am in northern Louisiana and cant take it anymore. the one major thing i will not miss about louisiana is the heat!!! I mean really the colder it is, the more you can put on right, but when it is 95 degrees or more everyday of summer plus some of fall what in the heck can you do, i dont have that great body to show off like i did in high school, so walking around in little to no clothes is not an option. i told my hubby the other day i cant wait to wear clothes in the house for once lol. I mean i go to the store and i swear i wasnt ment to live here because i am the only one sweating from head to toe in jeans and a tee shirts and i mean sweat marks you can see, how embarrassing is that, but what the heck am i supposed to do? The sun drains you so much down here, that is why i am up most nights doing things i need to do around the house or anything else. then i still have to get my son to school, oh and we already started school down here. and my daughter is sort of on my schedule so that is better. i just cant wait to wake up in daylight and not dread going outside or even being awake during the daylight. i have dehydrated 3 times that have sent me to a hospital in my life for more than a week each time. i am sure i have dehydrated more than that but those are the times i couldnt eat or drink at all and couldnt really stay awake anymore, so i had to go to a hospital. how rediculous is that.

okay i am rambling, just nervous about the move, very nervous. if hubby goes for job training i will be alone for a bit in a brand new place i have never been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 04:58 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,152,211 times
Three Rivers information (scroll down for weather.)
Yes, there are hot and muggy days - like yesterday and today -but NOTHING like Louisiana! It doesn't get over 90 often. I don't love the heat; this has been a cool summer and today may be the fifth day this year where I've used the AC. It's about 70 and real muggy at 7 am. Usually it's much cooler early in the morning.

I'm not real familiar with the Three Rivers area but like all of Michigan there's lots of lakes and water. And if you like hanging out nekkid LOL, you are very close to a very nice family friendly clothing-free resort over in Union City.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:59 AM

939 posts, read 2,680,271 times
Why on Earth would u wear jeans in Louisiana in the summer? Wear loose fitting, light colored clothing. Applying a little common sense to your attire will make the heat more bearable. Who cares if you don't have the body you had in high school? None of us do! I'm sure plenty of overweight folks down there wear shorts in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruefamily_cjjh View Post
really, is it cooler up there than where i am now? I am in northern Louisiana and cant take it anymore. the one major thing i will not miss about louisiana is the heat!!! I mean really the colder it is, the more you can put on right, but when it is 95 degrees or more everyday of summer plus some of fall what in the heck can you do, i dont have that great body to show off like i did in high school, so walking around in little to no clothes is not an option. i told my hubby the other day i cant wait to wear clothes in the house for once lol. I mean i go to the store and i swear i wasnt ment to live here because i am the only one sweating from head to toe in jeans and a tee shirts and i mean sweat marks you can see, how embarrassing is that, but what the heck am i supposed to do? The sun drains you so much down here, that is why i am up most nights doing things i need to do around the house or anything else. then i still have to get my son to school, oh and we already started school down here. and my daughter is sort of on my schedule so that is better. i just cant wait to wake up in daylight and not dread going outside or even being awake during the daylight. i have dehydrated 3 times that have sent me to a hospital in my life for more than a week each time. i am sure i have dehydrated more than that but those are the times i couldnt eat or drink at all and couldnt really stay awake anymore, so i had to go to a hospital. how rediculous is that.

okay i am rambling, just nervous about the move, very nervous. if hubby goes for job training i will be alone for a bit in a brand new place i have never been.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:26 AM

lol, yes they do, and a lot wear a lot less clothing than i do, it aint pretty, but i have always been worried about my body, mostly my skin color lol, i am a natural red head and very very white, and no i do not tan at all lol, i wear shorts in the house but i am more of a pants person, and i do have the loose loose jogging pants i wear.

and are you serious a clothing free place??? i never heard of such lol

Old 08-17-2009, 08:29 AM

161 posts, read 278,424 times
I grew up SE Virginia and NE North Carolina which have climates similar to LA I am sure, heat (not quite as bad) and HUMIDITY. I live in Manistee which is on Lake Michigan so it is a little cooler than inland Michigan but heck yeah it is cooler up this way and if you have never really had a autumn (the south isn't real good for it) then you are in for a treat! It is beautiful up here. My first winter took a little getting used to like remembering that you have snowbrush, warm up and sometimes shovel the car out. I am looking at leaving Michigan in a few years though to move out west I can deal with snow and cold but Michigan's almost constant cloud cover in winter is too much for me.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 AM

428 posts, read 800,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laruefamily_cjjh View Post
lol, yes they do, and a lot wear a lot less clothing than i do, it aint pretty, but i have always been worried about my body, mostly my skin color lol, i am a natural red head and very very white, and no i do not tan at all lol, i wear shorts in the house but i am more of a pants person, and i do have the loose loose jogging pants i wear.

and are you serious a clothing free place??? i never heard of such lol
I too am light skinned, and freckled. I think it has something to do with body types. I grew up in the desert and have lived in Oklahoma and south Texas....you could not pay me enough to live there again! Like you, I can't stand it. It's just unliveable to me. The summers up here are awesome, and from what you have described you should love it. Our hot summer days are your cool ones!

Be prepaired for your first winter though...a shocker!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:22 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,838,194 times
Well the Ludington area has been HOT (for us anyway) all week. Upper 80's inland a bit, with the temp on the beach running 75 - 80. Right now it is warm and VERY humid. 71 degrees, but with 94% humidity. The humidity usually runs on the 60's - 70's during the summer here.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:40 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,077,767 times
I'm gonna bet the Larue family will have a blast in the snow.

Y'all in Michigan are gonna havta teach 'em how to ice fish.....

Old 08-17-2009, 12:52 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,757,770 times
I do not know how Louisiana compares, but I found that in California, I burned 3-4 times faster than i do here in Micihgan. I am not sure whether that is due to the humididty, or the geography.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 PM

wow, i cant wait, and yes ice fishing, i have seen ok showes with that on tv, so may not be real, but i like to fish some, so i think that would be really neat. i cant wait to see actual water freeze enough to walk on it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan