Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 11:26 AM

12,082 posts, read 38,750,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalieCat View Post
Tell me, we are going to be in Niles the first weekend of September and spending 2 days in Traverse City the following week, what kind of clothes will I need?? I'm so burned out on the heat and humidity that I'm hoping you say long pants and long sleeves.....
Could use those the last couple days right now. As for the first week of Sept., it can go either way. Generally cooler mornings and warm afternoons, but some years it is blistering hot during the days, other years downright chilly. Bring shorts, t-shirts, and sunblock; as well as long pants, long shirts and sweatshirts/windbreakers. For Traverse City, a safe guess would be mid 70's during the days and lower 50's at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 01:37 PM

504 posts, read 2,170,576 times
I'm wearing long sleeves and long pants right now (I live near Gaylord).

As to colors, I saw the beginning of color change on M-32 near Atlanta (a high spot in the LP) yesterday. No true colors yet, but the green is starting to get lighter than the rest of the area. 10 miles East or West and it's summer, but that stretch is the first place I notice it.

I found the first colored leaves a few weeks ago. Usually the sick trees turn first, and I'm starting to notice some of these starting already.

Not sure how I feel about fall after virtually no summer, but bring her on!! (Although I just found out our plow guy quit after several years... not ready for winter yet!)

Old 08-24-2009, 11:07 AM

263 posts, read 795,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Could use those the last couple days right now. As for the first week of Sept., it can go either way. Generally cooler mornings and warm afternoons, but some years it is blistering hot during the days, other years downright chilly. Bring shorts, t-shirts, and sunblock; as well as long pants, long shirts and sweatshirts/windbreakers. For Traverse City, a safe guess would be mid 70's during the days and lower 50's at night.
I will be TICKED if it's hot when we come up there...... No, actually I will cry
So I guess we need to bring a little of everything to be covered for all weather conditions! Looking forward to it, we will be up there in 10 days!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:13 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,369,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalieCat View Post
I will be TICKED if it's hot when we come up there...... No, actually I will cry
So I guess we need to bring a little of everything to be covered for all weather conditions! Looking forward to it, we will be up there in 10 days!
It won't be hot in Traverse City - the lake keeps the area considerably cooler. Niles, your guess is as good as mine.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:04 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,169,737 times
CallieCat, this has been a very weird season, so you need to bring clothes for warm and cool weather..no telling what you'll find when you get here.
Not much in the way of color on the Leelanau, except on some stressed/old maples. The little finger is always a couple weeks behind, due to the lake. The bonus is that later October is prime color time here, after most of the lower P. has passed the prime time.
October 26, from Lelandreport.com
http://lelandreport.com/upload/LR_10-26-04.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-25-2009, 03:34 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,313,870 times
Here out West, the central and northern West Coast has the beginnings of fall color in the usual places. Get ready folks. This winter may be one to remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan