Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 04:59 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,580,542 times

Advertisements

So I have been going around trying to find nice apartments in Dearborn, Michigan.

I am going to University of Michigan there. I have tried to look online but can only find apartments with horrible ratings. Things like crime, robbery, mice and roaches all around. Granted they are in surrounding areas but still.

I want to find a nice decent apartment. My budget is 600 a month. Anyone have any suggestions because otherwise I have to drive an hour and a half to and from U of M everyday.

I was there a few days ago and it looked so nice. I don't see why all the apartments look so bad online!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 10:16 PM

79 posts, read 148,705 times
are you looking for an apartment or can you do a stuido too? I live in Dearborn and it seems there are alot of apartments that are fine here. Not sure if you are looking in East or west dearborn?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:28 AM

266 posts, read 853,728 times
I just looked on Apartments.com and saw 7 listings in your price range, all of which looked quite nice in the photos, some with great amenities. Maybe they don't look so good in person? I don't really know the area too well. When you say you've looked online, which websites are you using?

I had a friend who lived in a very cool duplex in a nice part of Dearborn, but I don't know exactly how he found it. Craigslist maybe? Local paper?

Old 08-28-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom72 View Post
are you looking for an apartment or can you do a stuido too? I live in Dearborn and it seems there are alot of apartments that are fine here. Not sure if you are looking in East or west dearborn?
Where do you live in Dearborn?

Near the campus?

Thanks!

Old 08-28-2009, 12:56 PM

79 posts, read 148,705 times
I live at michigan and telegraph. West dearborn. I know west dearborn is much better it seems than east. There are some apartments but I believe they are only studios on Brady street in Dearborn. Off of Michigan. Those I know are very nice. What apartments have you looked at?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom72 View Post
I live at michigan and telegraph. West dearborn. I know west dearborn is much better it seems than east. There are some apartments but I believe they are only studios on Brady street in Dearborn. Off of Michigan. Those I know are very nice. What apartments have you looked at?
Thank you for your response Michiganmom.

I have looked at River Oaks, Canterbury Woods and several others. My housing advisers says that these apartments are good and student live there. However reviews show me otherwise.

I am nervous. This is my first time out in the real world and I keep on hearing bad things about these apartments. Like rats, roaches, rap battle couples who blast music.

I need to study there and not stay up until 5 am listening to music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: