Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,279 times

Advertisements

I am recent victim of Save My Home USA based in the Detroit area. They had a great pitch for loan modification...even listed with the BBB. I sent them all of my information and 750.00 to start the process to modify my home mortgage. The BBB posted that the company is a scam. The website has been shut down and the phones turned off. I received a strange letter from lm processing- no contact information- letter stated that the modification is still in process. There is no lm processing company! To make this story even more bizarre- tonight I received an email from a former ''consultant" of Save My Home USA and he now works for Franklin United Debt Management- 248-629-8521...based in the Detroit area! Please do not contact these companies for loan modifications. I have filed a complaint with the attorney general. I will post legitimate loan mod companies ( received from the Attorney Generals office). Finally, I thought I did a complete check on Save My Home USA...even with the BBB and at that time they did not have any complaints. These companies appear quickly take your money and shut down...and now appears open under another name. This recession is taking a toll on many of us and the predatory companies are out there...isn't it enough that we are losing our jobs and just desperately trying to Save our homes!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 07:33 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,157,968 times
Save my Home redirects now to LM Processing.
I'm sorry you got scammed...companies that prey on people in trouble are scum.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:35 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Most of the loan modification companies cannot do anythign that you cannot do for yourself. The people who can actually help you have an Esq. after their name. (Lawyers specializing in real estate workouts). They can only help people in certain situations. If you are not in a specific factual situation all they can do is negotiate for you, which is something that you can do yourself.

The "loan modification" companies that are not lawyers cannot give you legal advice. They cannto do an alanaysis of your loan documents and determine whether you ahve any legal grounds to rescind, or other legal rights. If they cannot do the legal analysis to determine whether you have leverage withthe lender, then what CAN they do? Make telephone calls and negoiate. You can do that yourself.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:26 AM

110 posts, read 247,565 times
I was offered the same thing with the promise of reducing the interest to 3% for a flat fee of 500 dollars.The lady didn`t show up and i did suspect that there was something fishy.Now i know why.Can`t people sue these people for fraud and send them to jail?Where is the state?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:29 AM

265 posts, read 813,931 times
File a complaint with your local police dept., now! Most likely, you're not the only victim of these bottom feeders. Hang on to any correspondence from them, you will need it for documentation.

Back in 2005, I was the victim of a debt elimination scam. I lost 513.00 before realizing things looked fishy.

About that same time, I got a letter from the state police stating that the man in charge of the debt elimination service was in jail, and being investigated for fraud due to a number of customer complaints. I sent in all my documentation and 4 years later I got 340.0 back. He only had enough assets to pay each victim 60%. Still, I was proactive, and refused to remain a victim. People who prey upon those who are already struggling are criminals and need to be put out of business, and put in jail. Best wishes to you.

Last edited by Southernkomfort27; 09-03-2009 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 10-16-2009, 10:55 AM

5 posts, read 24,614 times
grand pacific loan stating they are at 150 w jefferson st. detroit, mi is a scam. the security guard at this office doesn't know of them and they have no listing of them. do not send money up front for a loan

Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,790 times
I am an Examiner/ Investigator with the State of Michigan/ OFIR/ MEIS. I can't help if I don't know about these things. I am very interested in all of your stories regarding unlicense loan mod activity. Effective July 31, 2010, all loan modifiers who are not employed by a servicer MUST be licensed. If they are not, they are in violation and I have the authority to investigate and fine. Please contact me. My direct cell is 517-243-3476 and my email is woodj5@michigan.gov.
I need as much info as you can give me: names, dates, documents, etc.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:24 AM

1,107 posts, read 3,071,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianesh View Post
I am recent victim of Save My Home USA based in the Detroit area. They had a great pitch for loan modification...even listed with the BBB. I sent them all of my information and 750.00 to start the process to modify my home mortgage. The BBB posted that the company is a scam. The website has been shut down and the phones turned off. I received a strange letter from lm processing- no contact information- letter stated that the modification is still in process. There is no lm processing company! To make this story even more bizarre- tonight I received an email from a former ''consultant" of Save My Home USA and he now works for Franklin United Debt Management- 248-629-8521...based in the Detroit area! Please do not contact these companies for loan modifications. I have filed a complaint with the attorney general. I will post legitimate loan mod companies ( received from the Attorney Generals office). Finally, I thought I did a complete check on Save My Home USA...even with the BBB and at that time they did not have any complaints. These companies appear quickly take your money and shut down...and now appears open under another name. This recession is taking a toll on many of us and the predatory companies are out there...isn't it enough that we are losing our jobs and just desperately trying to Save our homes!

The BBB was getting a bad rep not too long ago for it's pay to play. If you paid the BBB, they would rate the business with a good grade. What caught the attention of this was a group of people sent money to the BBB and registered a company that did not exist and the BBB gave it the highest grade possible from them.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:18 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,282,353 times
woodj5@michigan.gov.

Just to fix the link in Regulator's post. Good luck.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,177 times
There are TV ads for loan-modification being run here in West Michigan, are any of them legit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan