Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hispanic02 View Post
When India Gate opened people were excited because there's a strong demand for spicy food - this small town sports no less than 4 'Mexican' restaurants along with a Thai joint. Under refortunately, India Gate's basic lunch plate was $14 in a market where the average is about $6. I ordered takeout dinner for 3 and it was almost $80. With the economy the way it is, prices like that ain't gonna fly outside of NYC. To my amazement, these guys never lowered their prices, clientelle dried up, and they went under in less than 2 years.

Simple enough.

So what's with the bizarre Howell is racist suggestion? It's like a room full of parrots endlessly repeating what they've heard absent any encounter with reality. zatzman speaks knowingly of Howell's 'racist past' - from North Carolina (btw, there is not a Lowe's here - you seem confused about many things regarding this place). Cliffy (where ever he's from) seems to be unaware of la Meena, Grand River Cafe or a half dozen other spots within 6 miles where you can get something without mayo in it. By the way, show me a MongolianBBQ or Turkish Lamb House in a town of this size anywhere in the world. How absurd. Most of the eateries in town are 'ethnic'.

Still, there's no disputing that the only Ethiopian restaurant in the United States of America is, in fact, an incommodious 20 miles south of Howell, so I guess you could take that and run with it if you were committed to slandering this town for some reason - or, more likely, for no reason.

The Blue Nile resturaunt claims to be Ethiopian. They are located in Wyandotte. There is another one in or near Ann Arbor. Are you saying that Blue Nile is not Ethiopian, or you just did not know about them? I love their food and the style of dining. Not cheap though.

WHen I was younger (in the 1970s and early 1980s) Howell was well known as the hotspot for racists. It was also generally known that the KKK headquarters was located there. Althoguh I am not sure that we had the right building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 02:59 PM

902 posts, read 1,925,668 times
I was in Howell (melon country lol ) Tuesday to show my youngest boy where the high school (never been used ) Parker High School is because he got a 3 day job as an extra in a yet to be release tv show The Wannabe's , $72 million state of the art high school and the can't use it ? Where the hell did everybody go ?

Old 10-08-2009, 10:15 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,009,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairb102 View Post
Perhaps in Brighton? They come and go pretty quick, so I don't think it's a demographic that's just against indian food. Howell seems to be a rough town to get any business started. Also makes it tough to get work. Here's a good spot for www.thefreewarehouse.com/main/page_news_gallery_jobs.html (http://www.thefreewarehouse.com/main/page_news_gallery_jobs.html - broken link)

I'd guess howell is hard to start up business because of the craptacular traffic flow and patterns. Noone wants to learn how to get in and out of another business!

As far as the Howell being racist comments... who cares? I'm so sick of hearing about howell being racist on this board. If you don't like it, don't go there! Just shut up about it!

Old 10-10-2009, 06:02 PM

359 posts, read 1,119,048 times
Cliffie from Brighton too! Hi Neighbor! Got a house to sell? I need a house...Get it - Tryin2Buy? Just wanted to say Hi!

Old 10-28-2010, 01:18 AM

4 posts, read 10,879 times
I am a moderate Agnostic Atheist but so many people on here join the ranks of the mass far left liberal media and intentionaly attack a town with a large White population. Frankly, its nice that I can wake up to my car still being in the driveway in the morning versus it getting stolen in Flint, Ypsi, or Detroit.

I hate how they all demonize you if you aren't politically correct or are against setting up sanctuary cities for tens of millions of illegal aliens. I expect to be called a redneck on here when I have no relation to that type of crowd. The only thing I don't like about Howell is the multitude of fatty fast food joints like McDonalds and the lack of non-GMO, organic food on restaurant menus or the lack of a Whole Foods Market nearby. I don't need to have food cuisine from every corner of the Earth in a town with a population of 9,500.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan