Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 09:07 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,023 times

Advertisements

Well I was called back to work. My start date is today o 2nd shift. Could not have come at a better time as we are broke and behind on everything. Anyway I could not get through on the MUI number ( go figure) so I thought maybe someone here would know. The call in for unemployment is every 2 weeks, I would have been due to call in last week ( I was still off) and this week. So how do I do this? Can I still claim last week? Do I do it over the phone? If thing's were not so bad I would not even bother but I really do need every dime I can muster right now. So if anyone started a job or was called back in this situation could you please let me know if and how I can do this? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 10:44 AM

189 posts, read 522,255 times
This happened to me back in the second-half of June.

When you contact MARVIN (at your regular time), you go through the typical questions. When they ask you if you worked any hours during the week of [insert the week you started work here], when you answer "yes", it will bring up a different set of questions than you're used to.

Basically, you're telling Marvin pretty much what you've told us, that you're claiming benefits for one week while not claiming them for another. It's all automated.

Unfortunately, because my last week I needed benefits just happened to be the first week after my initial benefits had lapsed, I had to wait quite a while for any answers (a couple months in fact). Eventually though, I figured out that I didn't get paid because I had to fill out the paperwork to get the unemployment-extension. Once that was taken care of, the payment was put through as normal.

In another two weeks, the next time you would have called Marvin if you weren't working, when you don't call, they assume that you're not continuing with your unemployment benefits. Essentially, you don't do anything and they don't do anything.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:01 AM

359 posts, read 1,119,139 times
I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to tell you that it is so nice to hear that you were called back! Good luck!

Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 AM

Thank you very much tryin2buy. I worked my ass off last night and hurt all over today. 9 months of doing nothing will do that. LOL I was amazed bye the warm welcome I received from everyone, it was pretty cool.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:09 AM

217 posts, read 591,339 times
From my experience, if you don't call, and soon, you are going to lose those weeks!!!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 AM

103 posts, read 344,576 times
You should call at your regularly scheduled time, or the next available "open" period. Even if you start work today, when you call Marvin, you still are claiming the weeks prior to today.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:50 AM

My next call in is Monday. But since I am on 2nd shift I will have to do the open line day. I was uncertain how it works, like when it says " are you back to work?" uhhh yes " goodbye" Huh what? Oh crap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan