Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 02:20 PM

51 posts, read 212,954 times

Advertisements

So, finally, my first visitors come this week and it's warm enough to be at the beach and everything was beautiful and perfect until around 3:00 this afternoon.
All of a sudden the water is full of hundreds, if not thousands of flies!

On Sunday, they were biting everyone on the beach and I thought it was a fluke but, today they're all in the water and as they wash ashore, they start crawling around - no doubt, getting ready to attack again.

Btw, I'm in the Holland area and saw nothing like this at all during the summer.

Is this a seasonal thing I need to learn about or what?
Byand, I'm counting on you for an answer - I know you know something

TIA everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 03:26 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Not sure what type of flies they are, but can second that they are blood thirsty little savages. There have been some around the Ludington area all summer, but not in any kind of numbers. Just once in a while there may be a couple at the beach all summer. Haven't been down there in the last couple weeks so i am not sure if we are talking the same kind. Little green headed bastards are the ones here

Old 09-22-2009, 05:04 PM

51 posts, read 212,954 times
Thanks for your reply, Bydand.

Google had no answers either so....
maybe someone out there knows more than we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan