Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 AM

110 posts, read 246,722 times

Advertisements

How many do you believe?I also believe that the housing here hasn`t hit the bottom yet.I also believe that banks would want to stay out of this state just as Mr McCain.Anyone from Metro Detroit here and please state your occupation.We will have some funny times ahead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 01:09 PM

355 posts, read 1,227,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preferentialtreatment View Post
How many do you believe?I also believe that the housing here hasn`t hit the bottom yet.I also believe that banks would want to stay out of this state just as Mr McCain.Anyone from Metro Detroit here and please state your occupation.We will have some funny times ahead
Here is what I think......the housing market WILL plummet and the american dollar will be non-existenet in about 2-4 years. THIS IS A FACT! This is why people in the stock market do not invest in the American dollar currency. They know this. All of these homes in MIchigan that are going for $5000 (mostly in the Detroit area) is nothing but another trap. I can them getting the people in the homes, then doubling or tripling the property taxes to make up for the cost of the home. Homes should have cost this much in the first place, but the government was being greedy. Most of those homes in Detroit aren't even worth over $7000 with all of the lead, poor water systems, horrible community service, poor school systems, etc.

Secondly, Detroit is home to a LOT of people who do not work. We're not even going to add in the amount of 20 something or hell....30 somethings who are living in their parents home. Add that to the amount of people who got laid off from the auto industry....michigan is almost a goner. I have 10 college friends who studied 5+ years in college with a degree who can only get a $8 per hour job. Soooo..what the hell did we go to college for?

The only jobs left in Michigan is healthcare, and even that is plummeted. My mother is a Registered nurse who use to make $80,000 a year or more. They now don't want to even pay her $50,000 now to do the same job. Her degree is almost worthless and I know engineers who can't find a job paying over $40,000 a year! Michigan sucks and the only reason I am still here is because my mother is here and I own my own online business and write for an online publishing firm, so I can pretty much work wherever I want.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:00 PM

Right Sajae,but i don`t mean the city of Detroit.Everyone knows that it has been an american kabul city for a long time.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:29 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,066,472 times
Daughter and SNL--(welder) preparing to head out after the first of the year...6 people total including 4 school aged children...

Old 10-02-2009, 01:08 PM

7 posts, read 24,553 times
Information Tech Sector, plan on staying. I love the area

Old 10-02-2009, 01:27 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,865,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeISaid View Post
Information Tech Sector, plan on staying. I love the area
OH OH...the haters are not gonna like hearing someone wants to stay!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:56 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,303,671 times
I would definitely like to come back. I left last year after I graduated from U of M because I wasn't able to find a job.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
OH OH...the haters are not gonna like hearing someone wants to stay!
How old are you??Why would i take his post at face value and where is the relevancy?The war zone is what a war zone is.You offer nothing,but mediocre insults.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:08 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,865,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preferentialtreatment View Post
How old are you??Why would i take his post at face value and where is the relevancy?The war zone is what a war zone is.You offer nothing,but mediocre insults.
The only insults here are your posts. I think we all get you hate Michigan and anyone who dares to say they like it, or live here. The real war zone is the people who love our great state, against people like you who have nothing good to say about anything. Take your bs to another state forum.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:26 PM

28 posts, read 43,328 times
It's easy to like Michigan if you have a good job. If you were like me, unemployed and home on a Friday night because you're so poor you can't afford a movie you might feel different. Nice way to end a week of putting out 75 applications and getting nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: