Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2007, 03:34 PM

29 posts, read 114,216 times

Advertisements

Since so many are out of work (including myself) and finding it hard to get a job I figured it would be a good idea to see what everyone is looking for and maybe we all can help each other.

If we all keep our eyes and ears out for job postings in our areas maybe we can help each other fill these positions. What do you think?

I'm a graphic artist by trade (10+ years) but have held Administrative positions (5-7+yrs) and Customer service along with sign company experience. If anyone knows of any types of jobs in these fields in the Roseville, Troy, Warren, Sterling Heights areas let me know.

If I see any positions that might fit your job style I will send the info.
I feel networking is the way to go- Let's give it a try?

Lets try to stay optimistic-I know it's hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 04:05 PM

800 posts, read 4,298,198 times
Sorry I can't help you, but just wanted to say good for you being positive and also, for being of service trying to help others here in Michigan Good on you!

Old 05-14-2007, 09:08 PM

417 posts, read 1,128,814 times
Good idea, Deb68 ~ It's worth a try.
My husband's field is security and protection. Mine is anything that doesn't require a degree (cashier, housekeeper, manufacturing, etc.)
There should be a job networking forum somewhere in cyberspace - anyone know of one?

Old 05-14-2007, 09:53 PM

695 posts, read 3,410,687 times
Administrative assistant? It's harder than it might seem to find.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:28 PM

418 posts, read 1,785,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb68 View Post
Since so many are out of work (including myself) and finding it hard to get a job I figured it would be a good idea to see what everyone is looking for and maybe we all can help each other.

If we all keep our eyes and ears out for job postings in our areas maybe we can help each other fill these positions. What do you think?

I'm a graphic artist by trade (10+ years) but have held Administrative positions (5-7+yrs) and Customer service along with sign company experience. If anyone knows of any types of jobs in these fields in the Roseville, Troy, Warren, Sterling Heights areas let me know.

If I see any positions that might fit your job style I will send the info.
I feel networking is the way to go- Let's give it a try?

Lets try to stay optimistic-I know it's hard.

Would you be willing to do Admin or Customer Service positions? If so, I can ask my husband if his company is hiring. His office is in Livonia, but I'm thinking they have more in other areas. And no, he is not auto!

Old 05-16-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edteach View Post
If you have any experiance in the forclosure area you should find lots of work, I would try a training program for this and you should be busy for the next 10 years.
Sad, but true. Ironic, isn't it - that to stay employed in Michigan one has to benefit from the bad economy.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfar View Post
Would you be willing to do Admin or Customer Service positions? If so, I can ask my husband if his company is hiring. His office is in Livonia, but I'm thinking they have more in other areas. And no, he is not auto!
I want to say thanks to everyone for the replies- and that you khfar Livonia is a bit to far for me to go, the drive is about an hour or more from my location and with todays gas prices I would reqiure at least 20$/hr to go that far just to cover gas. If there is anything around Troy or Southfield area that would be great.

I will definitly keep an eye out for anyone who responds. I really do care about people and believe we can help each other.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post
Sorry I can't help you, but just wanted to say good for you being positive and also, for being of service trying to help others here in Michigan Good on you!

Thanks Angel Bear!

I appreciate the feedback- I really love to help others it makes my own problems feel less stressful.

Take care

Old 05-21-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us2indaup View Post
Good idea, Deb68 ~ It's worth a try.
My husband's field is security and protection. Mine is anything that doesn't require a degree (cashier, housekeeper, manufacturing, etc.)
There should be a job networking forum somewhere in cyberspace - anyone know of one?

Where are you at in Upper MI? Have you done any research at staffing agencys? Not all of them have just temp work! majority have temp to hire positions which are great- not only does the employer get to try you out but you also get to try out the employer and see if you like the job.

Let me know which area you are looking in for work and I will do some research if you would like! I'm signed up with everyplace I can think of and they service all over.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb68 View Post
Let me know which area you are looking in for work and I will do some research if you would like!
Thanks, I appriciate the offer. Actually, right now I'm laid off from a position I worked at a factory through Nicolet Staffing, which I held for 2 1/2 years. I've been laid off before from this job, but never for so long. And Nicolet Staffing is the only staffing agency in Gogebic County, which is where I live. I'm still on their books and if they have an opening anywhere they'll contact me, but there are very, very few openings of any kind in this area. Currently I'm applying for cashier positions in the Ironwood area - no luck yet tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan