Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 09:49 AM

541 posts, read 984,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
6: hot chocolate after Shoveling .....yet again...
and schnapps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 11:25 AM

266 posts, read 853,077 times
I'm not a huge fan of the cold & wet (or driving in it) but I do love having the "excuse" to stay indoors . . . cuddled up in flannel jammies, fuzzy slippers, & a big blanket, sipping hot cocoa & schnapps (or hot cider & schnapps, coffee & Baileys, you get the picture), watching movies all night long while snow blankets the neighborhood. I also like making a spicy chili or soup in my crock pot and having the house smell yummy all day - sure I can do that in summer but who wants hot soup when you're already sweating? And I LOVE Christmas decorations!!!

I used to live in the middle of nowhere, and up there a big snow meant you really were not going anywhere for a few days. The lines at Meijer were longer than on Black Friday! I'm looking forward to winter in the town where I live now; I'll still be able to strap on some snow boots and run out for reinforcements as necessary. Or have a pizza delivered!

Old 11-20-2009, 06:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,161 times
what i love about winter in michigan, whatching the snow fall, i live in the snow belt so we get so much snow !! we leave from our house on snowmobiles ride all day in the woods it is just beautiful. relaxing by the fire watching it snow, sitting in a hot tub outside while it snows, taking the kids sledding. it seems we never run out of things to do in michigan our winters are just as filled with activites as our summers and i love that, we lived down state with nothing to do in the winter except go to malls, movies or bars, and up here i can leave my house and end up in 3 or 4 cities in a day of snowmobiling and be back home toasty warm by the fire when i'm done !! i just love it.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:30 PM

29,467 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmobiles4life View Post
what i love about winter in michigan, whatching the snow fall, i live in the snow belt so we get so much snow !! we leave from our house on snowmobiles ride all day in the woods it is just beautiful. relaxing by the fire watching it snow, sitting in a hot tub outside while it snows, taking the kids sledding. it seems we never run out of things to do in michigan our winters are just as filled with activites as our summers and i love that, we lived down state with nothing to do in the winter except go to malls, movies or bars, and up here i can leave my house and end up in 3 or 4 cities in a day of snowmobiling and be back home toasty warm by the fire when i'm done !! i just love it.

You are living the dream !! To snowmobile everyday !!

I've had race cars, boats , ATV's but the thing I could not give up is snowmobiling.. there is just something about it.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:09 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmobiles4life View Post
You describe the life I try to convey to my wife when she starts talking about moving to Arizona and I say TC or just outside of TC. I've yet to travel in the trails in northern Michigan but watch the snowmobile shows and owned one as a teenager. Maybe this year we can make it up there and rent a couple for a day or two.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:24 AM

4 posts, read 8,198 times
Smile Winter in Michigan

I love winter in Michigan, long walks, usually alone as no one else likes to go out. The stormier the better! Nights with snow falling all around you, clear crisp and cold with no sound but the crunch of the snow underfoot and the occasional coyote yelps and if you're lucky the soft whift of an owl wing. Warm fire in the living room with a view of the cold outdoors makes you feel very cozy. A Troll and proud of it!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 PM

261 posts, read 780,533 times
I love the big fluffy flakes that fall. The frozen lake with its ice castles and ice pebbles. We have snow here but its just not the same.
Attached Thumbnails
What do You LOVE About Winter in Michigan?-harbor-light-gm.jpg   What do You LOVE About Winter in Michigan?-tequamenon-falls-6.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan