Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 07:56 AM

72 posts, read 148,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
This question should be presented with a poll option.

A) When hell freezes over

B) When Nuggent becomes active duty and is a tough guy when something actually shoots back at him.

C) In the words of Florence Jean Castleberry....."When donkey's fly"

If Nugent becomes governor i don't know quite what will happen.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 08:09 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,309,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinn_raptor View Post
If Nugent becomes governor i don't know quite what will happen.....
Well it's gonna have to be him or Bob Seger. Or possibly Madonna?

Ahh-nold has opened up all kinds of doors for entertainers who want to be governor, hasn't he?

Old 12-01-2009, 08:25 AM

72 posts, read 148,282 times
haha...yes he has.

I do believe that Nugent would be even more radical than Obama is.......which could either be the best thing to happen to Michigan in years......or absolutely catastrophic!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:04 AM

2,991 posts, read 3,421,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Unions are of the "screw the future I want it ALL right now, let the chips fall where they may" mindset, that doesn't work anymore, and with the labor laws they are really unnecessary.
Same with corporate management. It's a lot easier to save a buck by moving to China and pay lower wages, than to actually restructure into something more efficient. We have a lot of bloat in management. Take health care for instance, we now have 2 administrative workers for every physician. That's part of the reason why health care costs have skyrocketed while physician salaries have actually declined in real terms.

There's a widespread attitude of "get rich quick without the hard work" along the entire spectrum of Americans, it's not just union workers with that mentality. Many of our churches even preach it (another reason for the housing bust).

One of the biggest/richest companies in Michigan is Amway/Quixtar. That should tell you everything.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:08 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
My boss just gave a talk to the whole staff on the economy and how it's going to affect us this year and next. We are really up a creek still at the moment, of course, but the leading indicators suggest an imminent rebound and in some ways we are already rebounding.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 AM

3 posts, read 7,833 times
Well for one thing, we need to stop writing blogs or other little petty things on discusion pages and take our arguments straight to the governments face. People of America we have sat back far too long and just let this all happen to us (U.S.) I mean what ever happened to unity and standing up for what we believe is right. Instead we take the back seat and go along for the ride. Enough is enough. I think that with the dissappearance of the last great Jimmy Hoffa, brought on fear to common people/blue collar workers. Which made us in turn become literally zombies to the U.S. which is exactly what "they" want. PEOPLE OF AMERICA STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR WHATS RIGHT BEFORE WE END UP EVEN FATHER IN THE HOLE THAN WE ALREADY ARE. THE "GOVENMENT" HAS HAD THEIR CHANCE, IT'S TIME WE TAKE OUR LIFVES BACK. FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE, Hmmmm a phrase I have not heard spoke in many years.... Realize recognize and anyalize the situation! We put ourselves where we are today by not letting our voices be heard!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:34 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
Wow, not paranoid much are we?

Old 03-02-2010, 12:10 PM

121 posts, read 175,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Well it's gonna have to be him or Bob Seger. Or possibly Madonna?

Ahh-nold has opened up all kinds of doors for entertainers who want to be governor, hasn't he?
Yeah and look at how his state is doing........

Old 03-02-2010, 12:29 PM

121 posts, read 175,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilcuttj View Post
Well for one thing, we need to stop writing blogs or other little petty things on discusion pages and take our arguments straight to the governments face. People of America we have sat back far too long and just let this all happen to us (U.S.) I mean what ever happened to unity and standing up for what we believe is right. Instead we take the back seat and go along for the ride. Enough is enough. I think that with the dissappearance of the last great Jimmy Hoffa, brought on fear to common people/blue collar workers. Which made us in turn become literally zombies to the U.S. which is exactly what "they" want. PEOPLE OF AMERICA STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR WHATS RIGHT BEFORE WE END UP EVEN FATHER IN THE HOLE THAN WE ALREADY ARE. THE "GOVENMENT" HAS HAD THEIR CHANCE, IT'S TIME WE TAKE OUR LIFVES BACK. FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE, Hmmmm a phrase I have not heard spoke in many years.... Realize recognize and anyalize the situation! We put ourselves where we are today by not letting our voices be heard!
Well, from where I'm sitting and seeing the view, can't say as I don't agree with you... The zombiness was created because people are worn out working more than one job to pay for the crapola they felt they needed to have. Greed overcame and the result is what we have today. Millions walking around in apathy, heads buried in a hole somewhere, and mindsets that if it didn't directly come up and bite them in the butt, then they weren't bothered by it, whatever it may have been. The "I just gotta have this, and I just gotta own that," has taken its toll on the people. The more hours they spent working, the more they made and the greedier they got. Paying for all sorts of junk with credit cards, running up bills they couldn't pay, buying homes they couldn't afford and new vehicles when a used one would've done the trick. And trying to live like milionaires on a middleclass wallet charging rather than paying cash....

So yeah.....The people have had their heads up their butts letting the powers that be step in and take over passing laws for this and that, sneaking whatever thru congress, and now that they are losing homes, their lifestyles have gone kaput, they are now beginning to wake up and wonder what the heck happened.....Well, golly gee, let me see.........Oh yeah....it's that apathy thing again poping up it's lazy head. Duh!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 02:22 PM

13 posts, read 21,962 times
Well, I'm leaving. I don't see a recovery in the near future. You can see by my user name where I am going for a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan