Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:02 AM

212 posts, read 687,117 times

Advertisements

I was going to say ask about the loan mod, but I saw you didn't qualifly. We were in the same boat but due to being off work on materity leave and no pay during that time. We contacted a local housing authority (here in Columbus it's called Mid-Ohio Regional Planning commission) they help work with your mortgage company and act like a middle man. and in some cases can provide a loan so you can keep your house.
Columbus has a info line and that's how we were connected to MORPC.
have you found or talked to any of these kind of places?
I'm confused why the mortgage company doesn't seem to want to work with you. the last thing they need is another empty house sitting around.
just don't give up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 AM

8 posts, read 15,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
If your mortgage and property taxes are more than 30% of your income then you would qualify.
Thanks for your solid advice.

According to our mortgage holder, we are not eligible because we can't guarantee receipt of UIA benefits for a specific period and my part-time job does not provide enough income for them to offer any modification at this time. We figure it's because we are current and until we actually miss payments and get their attention they are not inclined to do anything.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
I'm in the same boat. been out 13 months and here in Michigan I really dont see much hope of getting a job at this point. I still have 6 to 8 months of Unemployment left but the way things are I just dont see it happening. I could use savings to stay for a year but at this point I'm not planning on it. I may need that money to live for quite a while without a Mortgage. I have family which I will move in with if it comes to this. Sucks but what else can we do. I also dont see putting money into something your going to lose anyway.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

We will cover all obligations as long as we have the means via UIA benefits and my part time job. Barring his return to work, securing another job, or me being able to secure a second job, the bank can add our house to their collection.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhgirl View Post
I was going to say ask about the loan mod, but I saw you didn't qualifly. We were in the same boat but due to being off work on materity leave and no pay during that time. We contacted a local housing authority (here in Columbus it's called Mid-Ohio Regional Planning commission) they help work with your mortgage company and act like a middle man. and in some cases can provide a loan so you can keep your house.
Columbus has a info line and that's how we were connected to MORPC.
have you found or talked to any of these kind of places?
I'm confused why the mortgage company doesn't seem to want to work with you. the last thing they need is another empty house sitting around.
just don't give up!
Thanks for your reply!

What we've determined from our inquiries is that we're not eligible because we're current on our mortgage and we can't guarantee receipt of UIA benefits for a specific period and my part-time job does not provide enough income for modification at this time.

We will cover all obligations as long as we have the means via UIA benefits and my part time job. Barring his return to work, securing another job, or me being able to secure a second job, the bank can add our house to their collection.

I'm not giving up, I've made my peace.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
... Remember, some time ago, you did nto own a house. Life was not worse then because you did not own a house. It will not be worse now if you stop owning a house. In some ways it will give you much more freedom.

... The state has a help hotline for foreclosure problems. See if you can get help from the state or some other organization as to what to do. You need help from a lawyer, but obviously, you cannot pay for one.

Sorry this is happening to you. Just keep in mind that it is only money, only a piece fo paper and do not let it get you down. You are no worse off than you were some years ago wbefore you boght a house. Best of luck to you. If you have faith, keep your focus there and you will realize that this is not as important or bad as it seems.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

My husband says, "Exactly!" to what you wrote.

Should that time come our parents will help us secure a lawyer to look over our mortgage paperwork and determine the best course of action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan