Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 07:13 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,198,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
Ya know, my situation is pretty bad. And when I say that it would be that way in any state, this is very true. My husband and I don't have the skills to find decent jobs. That's why we are both in school. So yes in two years we will both have good jobs in the medical field, which isn't hurting.

And yes life is what you make it. I'm not gonna sit here and whine and complain, "Oh poor me, I don't have a house, or nice cars or even food in my fridge." Boohoo! I am two days away from being evicted and living in my car with my 3 kids. But yes I can still say life is what you make it. If I made better decisions in the first place, I would have never been in the current situation I am in regardless of the condition of the state of Michigan.

I know in 2 years life will be better!
See, now THIS is more of what we need here in Michigan! Awesome post Jen, I tried to give you kudos but I must spread it around 1st!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 07:53 AM

146 posts, read 640,880 times
That's what is so sad about TomJones' posts.
He DOESN'T live in Michigan. He lives in Florida now and
is clearly so unhappy with his life he can't resist trolling
Michigan forums for places to spew.
Hey Tom, I thought everything was going to be great when
you moved down South? The honeymoon's over isn't it?
You may wish to instill feelings of anger and frustration
with your posts but I feel nothing but pity for you.
Michigan is pulling itself out of the muck and I'm not about to
waste a rope on someone who's determined to go under.

Michigan IS looking up and I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Last edited by Wabbit; 06-13-2007 at 08:33 AM..

Old 06-13-2007, 09:47 AM

111 posts, read 485,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
That's what is so sad about TomJones' posts.
He DOESN'T live in Michigan. He lives in Florida now and
is clearly so unhappy with his life he can't resist trolling
Michigan forums for places to spew.
Hey Tom, I thought everything was going to be great when
you moved down South? The honeymoon's over isn't it?
You may wish to instill feelings of anger and frustration
with your posts but I feel nothing but pity for you.
Michigan is pulling itself out of the muck and I'm not about to
waste a rope on someone who's determined to go under.

Michigan IS looking up and I wouldn't live anywhere else.
See the people that bailed early don't want to hear that the place they left is actually looking better than the place they fled to! The truth can hurt sometimes, but the reality is, some people just haven't figured it all out yet.

Those that have figured it out, are reaping the rewards. The best we can do is hope they "Come around" and realize that we all have a stake in making Michigan exactly what we want it to be.

Frankly, I see success stories and good things all around me. Focus on what you choose to focus on, I tend to not focus on the small amount of bad things - what point would that serve? Focus on the good things, and do what you can to be a part of the solution NOT the problem.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:59 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,198,105 times
Exactly. Flamers are just that-a part of the problem. We already hear enough negativity without some ex-Michigander sitting in Florida trying to convince 10 million people (and perhaps themselves?) they are all idiots for choosing to live where they want to.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:41 AM

792 posts, read 2,323,624 times
It sounds like we may finally have a replacement for the single business tax, and the reports I've heard say it will be revenue neutral, that banks and insurance will pay more and manufacturers will pay less, and there will be breaks for businesses that have their HQ in Michigan. This sounds like a good thing to me if it goes through, but it's not quite a done deal yet.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:19 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,452,149 times
me haf no job? thats unposible!

Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,898,135 times
The only thing that's worse than a sellout to the Sunbelt is a whining sellout.

According to the family, though, it's better to have them adios and move, than for the neighbors to stick around and whine. It got old, about, oh, 1989.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:17 AM

293 posts, read 849,689 times
I am just about to graduate with my bachelor's degree, and will be applying to jobs here in Michigan even as I consider the possibilities of moving. If things really are improving here and educated people can get good jobs, I would be glad to be proven wrong and would stick around. I know quite a few former classmates and friends from school who graduated last year and had a hard time finding jobs in MI - unless they were in the engineering or medical fields - and had to leave the state, but maybe the job prospects for college graduates have improved since last year! I certainly hope so.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:02 AM

3 posts, read 10,148 times
dont hold your breath, as lincolin said, to many pigs for the titeis in michigan

Old 06-19-2007, 09:35 PM

4 posts, read 15,339 times
We left Michigan 3 years ago for Texas and absolutely love it. However, we still have a house in Wyoming, Michigan that is priced at 45,000 below value and it still will not move. foreclosure would really be awful but it is taking about 50% of our income to cover the note (renter pays half)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan