Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:22 PM

695 posts, read 3,410,687 times

Advertisements

Hey lklein, I really have no intention of staying in Dearborn Heights for very long. I plan on moving downriver, to Garden City, Redford or to Port Huron or another city to avoid the big houses. I have been in contact with the Heights City Council and they're devising a plan to place restrictions on the houses, but to me the damage is already done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 08:06 PM

13 posts, read 42,953 times
I believe the taxes are higher in Dearborn Heights also compare to other cities.

Even without the big houses we would be moving. We sort of out grew our house. Getting too loud around here, and the lots are too tight.

Lambert

Old 05-30-2007, 09:49 AM

106 posts, read 535,902 times
lklein,

You're Welcome. Oh, and I almost forgot... If you're interested in the thumb area, try Port Austin and the surrounding towns. They're somewhat close to the city, but they have a small town feel. And, as a bonus, you're surrounded by Lake Huron and Saginaw Bay.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:31 PM

695 posts, read 3,410,687 times
The thumb is beautiful!

Old 07-05-2007, 06:53 AM

3 posts, read 7,676 times
oakland twp is nice place per your desires - I lived there 7yrs & moved a bit north for horse property - my place is for rent/sale there now - private 1 acre near paint creek trail - 5 bed 3 bath - real estate market has been slow so there are good deals to be found - you can see it & others at craigslist.com - search oakland township, paint creek, etc.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:53 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,900,436 times
I don't know about high-speed intarweb, but the Thumb recently got phone lines.

yes, IT'S A JOKE.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:33 PM

13 posts, read 42,953 times
LOL Glad to hear that.

Lambert

Old 07-08-2007, 07:42 PM

293 posts, read 849,959 times
I'll put in another vote for Midland. It's a fairly small town, with a more health-conscious and educated population than a lot of other towns in mid-Michigan. Because of that, even though there isn't a big health food store like Whole Foods here, there is a lot of healthy stuff available even at Meijer, and there's a small health food store as well (called The Health Hut). There are trails throughout a lot of the city for walking and biking. Quite a few churches of most denominations. Crime is pretty low. FYI - whether it's a plus or minus, the city does have a primarily conservative population. There's a good hospital in town, and there are lots of even less populated country areas on the outskirts.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:46 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer74 View Post
I'll put in another vote for Midland. It's a fairly small town, with a more health-conscious and educated population than a lot of other towns in mid-Michigan. Because of that, even though there isn't a big health food store like Whole Foods here, there is a lot of healthy stuff available even at Meijer, and there's a small health food store as well (called The Health Hut). There are trails throughout a lot of the city for walking and biking. Quite a few churches of most denominations. Crime is pretty low. FYI - whether it's a plus or minus, the city does have a primarily conservative population. There's a good hospital in town, and there are lots of even less populated country areas on the outskirts.
Midland is very nice, we live about 40 minutes north in the sticks. We have about 100 acres. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan