Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:37 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
I don't understand. Florida has higher crime rates than Michigan, higher foreclosure rate than Michigan, University of Michigan ranked 27th nationally and the highest ranked Florida school was 47th. Outside of Detroit Public Schools, Michigan public schools rank better than Florida.

Now that I find out you're Florida, you owe Michigan. I'm sick of my tax dollars funding your state because you constantly populate a hurricane area and are a gateway for illegal immigrants.
Scolls comes through AGAIN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 11:47 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,351,683 times
So exactly how much reputation do I have to pass around before I can rep you all again?

Old 03-08-2010, 11:52 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
Does anyone know how much water we have now compared to say...... 100,000 years ago?
Yep, or at least according to scientists I do. Answer: the same amount now and then. Which is the same amount it always has been. The differences come from the distribution of the water over the face of the Earth. Do I win a prize?

Old 03-08-2010, 02:30 PM

749 posts, read 2,438,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Go ahead, go back 4 or 5 posts, dig through them all. Let's see who has the higher percentage of bad grammar, and spelling if that really is what you want to base your lame argument on. I really don't care. I've seen the schools in Florida, and I have seen the schools in Michigan. I think I will stand by my statement that overall we have the better schools. We are also producing the Engineers, Doctors, Scientists, and leaders of Industry that are reshaping the way America does business. It is our Politicians who are useless.

It looks like anyone would only have to look at EVERY one of your posts to find mis-spellings. SO I wouldn't get too deep into that argument if I were you.

Crime ridden dumps? LOL.
Well obviously you weren't paying attention when you attended because it is not grammatically correct to capitalize common nouns. The word every should have been in italics, not capitalized. You are also incorrect in your spelling of so, it is spelled So when it is used first in the sentence.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
Do I understand correctly that a guy from Florida is complaining that Michigan got some benefit from the feds? Michigan has been a tax donor state for decades, it's about time we got a little bit of it back.

Florida, especially south Florida, would still be a barely inhabitable swamp if not for the Army Corps of Engineers. Florida has been a tax recipient state for decades. Trolls should always check their facts before posting.
And what do you suppose one of the reasons for that is? The overwhelming number of retirees here recieving SSI. If the Northern states kept all thier old people home, your numbers would look a lot worse.

And here is another reason. There are a lot of military bases in FL. All the shots called by the USAF in Afghanistan and Iraq come form US Central Command in Tampa, FL. Those troops are over there unselfishly laying thier azzes on the line for all of America and your Great Lakes water.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:51 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,282,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
And what do you suppose one of the reasons for that is? The overwhelming number of retirees here recieving SSI. If the Northern states kept all thier old people home, your numbers would look a lot worse.

And here is another reason. There are a lot of military bases in FL. All the shots called by the USAF in Afghanistan and Iraq come form US Central Command in Tampa, FL. Those troops are over there unselfishly laying thier azzes on the line for all of America and your Great Lakes water.
All those retirees coming down there bring money into your state. Their SSI is declared in their home state. The same is true with the troops stationed there. They bring federal money into your state.

If the northern states kept all their old people home, Florida would be an economic shambles.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:04 PM

[quote=stanman13;13209783]All those retirees coming down there bring money into your state. Their SSI is declared in their home state. The same is true with the troops stationed there. They bring federal money into your state.

If the northern states kept all their old people home, Florida would be an economic shambles.[/quote]

Oh please, the pittance they bring here is hardly worth it, after all how far does a $985 SSI check go? You keep them home and pay thier state SSI and for all the services they're handed for free and perhaps you could put a dent in that 15% unemployment rate.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:15 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,002,488 times
[quote=1coolcustomer;13209981]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
All those retirees coming down there bring money into your state. Their SSI is declared in their home state. The same is true with the troops stationed there. They bring federal money into your state.

If the northern states kept all their old people home, Florida would be an economic shambles.[/quote]

Oh please, the pittance they bring here is hardly worth it, after all how far does a $985 SSI check go? You keep them home and pay thier state SSI and for all the services they're handed for free and perhaps you could put a dent in that 15% unemployment rate.

You do know Florida's unemployment rate is near 12% right? I'm sure you're also aware the wages in Florida are lower and the cost of living is higher so even if you have a job in Florida, you're worse off than in Michigan.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:21 PM
rlt rlt started this thread

86 posts, read 152,728 times
Okay..., but if we don't give them our resource(water), how are we supposed to expect to get other states' resources if MI don't want to share ours?
-Not that I think we should share our water, who would??

But think of that point of view.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:45 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,282,950 times
We have other resources to share. We have a great pool of engineering and manufacturing expertise that can be traded for resources from other states. What would those be, by the way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan