U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:25 PM

3 posts, read 21,098 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am a recent graduate and although I am well aware about the serious economic uncertainty hovering around the MI Auto industry, I have decided to take up my very first job in the Saginaw area.

I want to look for places to live in Saginaw. I hope to find a safe neighborhood with some night life around (some might laugh but by night life I mean a few bars/clubs/bowling).

I dont mind living around SVSU if it is safe and has a few places to got to..

Could someone please suggest of a good neighborhood, names of a few apt complexes that you might know off or even to live around SVSU campus.

Its very hard to find an apt complex online and decide whether it is safe or not ! Thanks a bunch for your help!

Cheers!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 10:27 PM

23 posts, read 143,754 times
Talking Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Hi All,

I am a recent graduate and although I am well aware about the serious economic uncertainty hovering around the MI Auto industry, I have decided to take up my very first job in the Saginaw area.

I want to look for places to live in Saginaw. I hope to find a safe neighborhood with some night life around (some might laugh but by night life I mean a few bars/clubs/bowling).

Could someone please suggest of a good neighborhood, names of a few apt complexes that you might know off or even to live around SVSU campus.

Its very hard to find an apt complex online and decide whether it is safe or not ! Thanks a bunch for your help!

Cheers!!
Saginaw, huh? Stay on the north side of town. If the price of gas wasn't so high, I would suggest living in Bay City and commuting to Saginaw for work. But since your heart is set on Saginaw here are a few suggestions:

Anything you could possibly need is located on Bay Rd. Restaurants (both fast food and sit down), the Mall, banks, grocery stores and bowling (Stardust Lanes). A good bar that usually has good entertainment is RJ's, also on Bay Rd.
The west side of State St. also has good restaurants and a couple bars.
As far as apartments, I would check out:
BayPointe Apartments on Shattuck (989) 792-3320
Normandy Square on Bennington Dr. (989) 793-1008
Green Acres Village on Colonial Dr. (989) 793-4350
Not sure what type of apartment you are looking for so if none of these suit you, let me know and I'll see what else there is.
One more thing, the Dow Event Center is located southeast of Bay Rd. across the bridge on Johnson but they have some great stuff that goes on there. Concerts and the awesome Saginaw Spirit hockey games. Check it out...The Dow Event Center - Concerts, Meetings, Weddings, Galas, Conferences We Can Accommodate You and The Saginaw Spirit
Good luck babe!

Old 06-04-2007, 10:35 PM

Lightbulb Helpful website

Quote:
Hi All,

Cheers!!
Here is a website where you can look at local stuff and by clicking the classified section, you can look for apartments or post an apartment wanted ad. Hope this helps too. Remember you want to be on the north side of Saginaw or in Saginaw township, unless you're crazy, of course.
Saginaw Michigan Online Real Estate, Classified Ads, and Community Information

Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Girl View Post
Saginaw, huh? Stay on the north side of town. If the price of gas wasn't so high, I would suggest living in Bay City and commuting to Saginaw for work. But since your heart is set on Saginaw here are a few suggestions:

Anything you could possibly need is located on Bay Rd. Restaurants (both fast food and sit down), the Mall, banks, grocery stores and bowling (Stardust Lanes). A good bar that usually has good entertainment is RJ's, also on Bay Rd.
The west side of State St. also has good restaurants and a couple bars.
As far as apartments, I would check out:
BayPointe Apartments on Shattuck (989) 792-3320
Normandy Square on Bennington Dr. (989) 793-1008
Green Acres Village on Colonial Dr. (989) 793-4350
Not sure what type of apartment you are looking for so if none of these suit you, let me know and I'll see what else there is.
One more thing, the Dow Event Center is located southeast of Bay Rd. across the bridge on Johnson but they have some great stuff that goes on there. Concerts and the awesome Saginaw Spirit hockey games. Check it out...The Dow Event Center - Concerts, Meetings, Weddings, Galas, Conferences We Can Accommodate You and The Saginaw Spirit
Good luck babe!
Hey Thanks a lot for that information! That was great!
Well I had looked at some of those apts online too...what do u think about Castle Way Apts. How is that neighborhood?

BTW: What kind of dogs do you have? Are there good pet stores or local breeders around..I was looking for a good German Shepard myself.

Again thanks for your time and help!

Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 PM

Smile Hey Auto Guy!

Quote:
Hey Thanks a lot for that information! That was great!
Well I had looked at some of those apts online too...what do u think about Castle Way Apts. How is that neighborhood?

BTW: What kind of dogs do you have? Are there good pet stores or local breeders around..I was looking for a good German Shepard myself.

Again thanks for your time and help!
Yes, Castle Way Apts. are in a good neighborhood. I was actually going to put that as a choice for you last night but I didn't know how many different places to put.
The pet store I go to is in Bay City. But there is a PetSmart in Saginaw on Tittabawasee Rd. which is by the mall. It's huge so everything you need is there plus they do grooming. A German Shepherd is a great dog choice. I know of a reputable breeder in Peck, which is about 1 1/2 hours away. Their dogs are gorgeous. Wind Dancer Kennels Quality German Shepherd Breeder Sandy Roskey
Myself...I have a Pomeranian and a Great Dane. A crazy combination, right? But they are my favorite breeds. Plus, my Pomeranian thinks he's a big Rottweiler and my Great Dane is a gentle giant so it works!

Old 06-30-2007, 10:45 PM

2 posts, read 12,580 times
Saginaw is miserable, overpriced, high crime and nothing to do. Hope you like movies, that's about all there is to do. RJ's is out of business by the way, along with most businesses here

Old 06-30-2007, 11:59 PM

24,839 posts, read 35,076,368 times
Move to Midland, drive to work in Saginaw.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Hey Christina ...so do u mean move to some other place? like midland....

BTW thanks for your replies

Old 07-06-2007, 07:49 PM

24,839 posts, read 35,076,368 times
Midland is a world apart from Saginaw. Much lower crime, very clean, shopping is the same(but safer) good recreation. Midland has not been hit as hard as the rest of the state. Much better place to live.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:50 PM

66 posts, read 324,397 times
Living in Midland, and not being beholden to Dow Chemical would be nice, for a married person with/desiring children. (Good schools, 84 parks,opportunities for arts, sciences and athletics, great nature facilities, and riverfront activities, safe beautiful neighborhoods)

However, Saginaw would definitely have more to offer to offer a single person. I personally am not as turned on by Bay City as others on these forums.

Btw, Saginaw remains a racially divided city, and East Side, South Side and Downtown are traditionally shunned as the home to minorities. Although the East Side resembles Detroit in some respects (Devil's Night JR. last Hallowe'en eve), there are many significant institutions, and beautiful buildngs there.

I grew up in Midland, and my 82 year old mother still lives happily and safely in the house in which I grew up ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan