Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 24,025 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there's any good farms or Equestrian Centers to take your 9 year old child to.Or anything with animals in Metro Detroit.Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 08:08 PM

9 posts, read 199,936 times
Well you have the Detroit Zoo. I haven't been there in many years, but my sister was there last year and she liked it.

There is a place called Maybury State Park/Maybury Farm near Northville on Beck Road, that use to have a petting zoo.

Near Ann Arbor, there is a place called Domino's Farms, and they have a petting zoo too!

Hope this helps!

Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 AM

286 posts, read 1,587,518 times
Default Brighton Rec Area

Has a stable that you can rent horses for trail riding and they offer guided trails. The trails at Brighton are WONDERFUL! I live riding at that park. I don't know the details on the cost or anything.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,483,325 times
There is a farm/petting zoo in Romeo off of old Van **** highway. (southern portion of Romeo...) It is west of the new Van **** Highwayaround 30 Mile Road.

The name of it escapes me as of now.

Your kid will love it. They have chickens, goats and many other things to do for kids.

There is also one by Frankenmuth, or more closely, by Bronners. It is a petting zoo. (that one is probably too far out for you...)

I've also included a link for you. It should give you some more leads.
Michigan - pony rides, petting zoos, horseback riding, carriage rides, etc. (http://www.critterplaces.com/directory/MI.html - broken link)

Old 06-10-2007, 06:36 AM

106 posts, read 323,824 times
Look into Calder's Farm, I am not sure what city it is located. There is also a petting farm in Taylor, this one also has a nice picnic area. It is in Taylor which is in the Downriver area. Hope this helps.

Kim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan