Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:11 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Sounds like you're pretty easily amused.

I think he was being sarcastic about the pine box BTW....
Some things I learned while living in the South: The dead are buried in a pine box , cause thats all the relatives can afford. All hearses are painted white, cause they double for ambulances .If you think I am joking , check it out, its true !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 08:35 AM

999 posts, read 4,527,754 times
Quote:
Sounds like you're pretty easily amused.

I am....But I'm also restoring a '65 GTO and when I notice a 20 or 30 year-old car with the original metal and no rust because it wasn't driving around in a sodium nitrate slurry for a third of its life, I tend to notice.....

Quote:
\
I think he was being facetious, as was I. Everybody knows you have to buy a concrete vault if you're going to bury someone in a casket around here....

Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
She loves 'city life' and is talking about metro Detroit.

Chipotle on Rochester Road is great and authentic Mexican food!
... maybe there are some good options in Royal Oak?

Isn't Royal Oak a suburb?

Old 11-14-2007, 06:30 AM

5 posts, read 28,224 times
If you are looking for a smaller community just north of Grand Rapids, MI to raise your family I encourage you to check out the Canadian Lakes area. It is a family friendly community surrounded by inland lakes and golf courses.
Good luck with your move! Michigan is a beautiful state! And you're right about the Mexican food...it may be good here...but it is not the same!

Last edited by Yac; 11-15-2007 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: realtor advertising not allowed

Old 11-14-2007, 07:10 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times
Check out the Inland lakes area around South Haven , Mi. also. I know of a home on a 400 acre lake that is a real deal !

Old 12-29-2007, 09:50 AM

17 posts, read 59,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcase0225 View Post
I am moving to Michigan in December from San Antonio, TX. Should I choose to attend school in Rochester, Lansing, or Grand Rapids? I will be moving alone, so would like some place safe. Not into the party or club scene, so nightlife does not matter to me.

Gun Lake is only 20 minutes from Grand Rapids, and it is very outdoorsy. We have lived here for 10 years now. Pretty much all you need is right here. The pleasures of a small community with the luxuries of a bigger city. And if you can't find what you need here, Grand Rapids is 20 minutes away, Kalamazoo is 30 minutes away, and Plainwell is about 20 minutes away as well. So you won't have far to drive to get major shopping done. A nice community, with nice people - safe - clean.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:42 PM

6 posts, read 9,792 times
You'll want to go to MSU great school and a nice area. Good luck to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan