Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 PM

118 posts, read 283,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Yes , and its sad , very sad. You know we can do something about it, if we want too. I will NEVER shop at WallyWorld, ever !
you don't really have a choice in Houghton Lake...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 09:49 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgoast View Post
you don't really have a choice in Houghton Lake...
The town had to approve this from the start. I can not feel sorry for city planers and local businessmen who can not see behond their pocketbook, or their blind ideas of the truth.
I am sure there are other places you can go for supplies. What about Grayling? Seems to me, when I was staying in the area several years ago, we went to Grayling for almost everything. It was only a few miles north on the Interstate.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:53 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,239,745 times
I use to have a place near the county airport a number of years ago, just down a side road from Mary's Kitchen (for those that know the area from years ago). Wallyworld had just moved in, but I drove over to Cadillac to do most my shopping.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:23 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times
I was in the Houghton/Higgins Lake area in August, 2010. That area looked fairly busy to me - all the campgrounds were full.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:48 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,981,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
I was in the Houghton/Higgins Lake area in August, 2010. That area looked fairly busy to me - all the campgrounds were full.
It should be ... Bud Bash is always the first weekend in August and brings in thousands.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:38 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
It should be ... Bud Bash is always the first weekend in August and brings in thousands.

But I did not notice any rowdiness. Actually, it was fairly quiet.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:21 PM

19 posts, read 33,320 times
I love my lake. Retired here, three years ago. Nice quiet area, with plenty of shopping, if you count an occasional trip to Cadillac, Mt. Pleasant, or Gaylord. Very nice, clean, lake. Much cleaner than most, as all homes hooked to public sewers years ago. Higgins put their poop in the lake, thru the drain fields. Believe Torch lake does too. I'll take Houghton Lake any day.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:39 AM

1 posts, read 842 times
Thumbs up Just Go AWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squab View Post
I have to say that Grayling and West Branch can't handle my case. I will never again go to West Branch. One reason is that the helicoptor company they use which flew me to another hospital down state charged me $12,000 for a half hour flight. (the i.v and oxygen should've already been covered. The first time I was flown my insurance covered it. Begrudingly. But the second time, they nixed it saying the company was vastly over charging their clients.) So we had to pay that. What a bite it was...

And Grayling doesn't have the blood I need either whenever a transfusion is involved, so off I go by ambulance to Munson. And once there I have never had a problem rec'g my type of blood or any other care. I have always had doctors and nurses that tend to my every need when necessary. That is a great hospital. And from here on out, whenever me or mine have to go to a hospital it'll be to Grayling for the preliminaries and then onto Munson Medical Center. Munson is a teaching hospital and one of the best in the country. And Michigan has it......Yea!.................So, if at all possible, it'll be Munson for me and mine..... (and if insur. doesn't cover the ambul. fee, $900, then at least it isn't a huge bite in the butt like that helicoptor one.)

It's amazing you have the audacity to complain at all
when you are the recipient and obviously
proud of all that high dollar care.
Why not give a simple thanks to those who are financially burdened by the high cost of
keeping you alive so you can complain?
Nice going !

ps- I'm willing to bet West Branch facilities and probably many others too,
don't want you there anyway.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:06 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's ALL About You View Post
It's amazing you have the audacity to complain at all
when you are the recipient and obviously
proud of all that high dollar care.
Why not give a simple thanks to those who are financially burdened by the high cost of
keeping you alive so you can complain?
Nice going !

ps- I'm willing to bet West Branch facilities and probably many others too,
don't want you there anyway.
You're replying to a 6 year old post.

Dude could be a pile of dust in a box by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan