Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 11:37 AM

1,707 posts, read 7,020,800 times

Advertisements

Oldie but Goodie

A young Marine officer was severely wounded in the head by a grenade, but the only visible permanent injury was to both of his ears, which were amputated. Since his hearing wasn't impaired he remained in the Marine Corps. Many years later he eventually rose to the rank of major general. He was, however, very sensitive about his appearance. One day the general was interviewing three Marines, prospects for his headquarters staff. The first was a captain, and it was a great interview. At the end of the interview the general asked him, "Do you notice anything different about me?" The young officer answered, "Why, yes, Sir, I couldn't help but notice that you have no ears." The general got very angry at his lack of tact and threw him out. The second interview was with a Lieutenant, and he was even better. The general then asked him the same question, "Do you notice anything different about me?" He replied sheepishly, "Well, Sir, you have no ears." The general, now really pissed, threw him out also. The third interview was with a Marine gunnery sergeant, an infantryman. He was articulate, looked extremely sharp and seemed to know more than the two officers combined. The general wanted this guy, and went ahead with the same question, "Do you notice anything different about me?" To his surprise the sergeant said, "Yes, Sir, you wear contact lenses." The general was very impressed and thought, what an incredibly observant NCO, and he didn't mention my ears. "And how do you know that I wear contacts?" the General asked. "Well, Sir," the gunny replied, "it's pretty hard to wear glasses with no f_ _ _ing ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:55 PM

541 posts, read 2,134,339 times
Too funny!

Old 11-27-2010, 06:23 PM
qwy

296 posts, read 518,860 times
Lol!

Old 11-28-2010, 02:41 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,875,780 times
I use this same joke as an attention getter before periods of instructions. Only difference is that they are all Captains. The first one is a Naval Academy grad, the 2nd one NROTC and the the third a mustang prior-enlisted gunny. With a few more sterotypes of each of those officer types thrown in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues