Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:23 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

As long as they don't have to share a bunk...

even with "hot racking", it's only one person in a bunk at any given time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 02:00 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Who cares about women, gay men, etc serving? As long as they have their trigger finger, their war face, and are willing to fight and die if necessary for their country then that is all I need to know. I could care less if they are gay or a woman.
That was certainly my attitude when I was a sub crewmember. I have known only a minority of crewmen who felt differently.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:42 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:
Who cares about women, gay men, etc serving? As long as they have their trigger finger, their war face, and are willing to fight and die if necessary for their country then that is all I need to know. I could care less if they are gay or a woman.
Thank you!

Old 09-27-2010, 04:29 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,209 times
Quote:
i was a army m.p.for many years and i knew more than a few members of the m.p.company where gay and who where not gay in my unit ..so it was like this with me over there serveing with a gay person .. he or she does the job and there when i need them i really do not care if they dress in a pink tutu and tights and go around off duty dressed like that as long as they are ready for duty and when need to put the foot to butt when it time on the job .

Old 09-27-2010, 04:45 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
The answer is no, even though the military can let in sexual offenders with character waivers, it hates sexual assaults and harassment. The overwhelming majority are men doing it to women, not women to men, women to women or men to men.
What are you even talking about?! My husband, a military recruiter of 14yrs, can tell you otherwise

Old 09-27-2010, 05:59 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
What are you even talking about?! My husband, a military recruiter of 14yrs, can tell you otherwise
Show your hubby this:

Does Policy Endanger Female Soldiers? - CBS Evening News - CBS News

"In fact, CBS News has learned that both the Army and Marine Corps did issue a number of "moral waivers" to enlistees with felony convictions for rape and sexual assault - something not acknowledged in a follow-up letter from Dominguez."

There are many more stories if you care to search...

Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Show your hubby this:

Does Policy Endanger Female Soldiers? - CBS Evening News - CBS News

"In fact, CBS News has learned that both the Army and Marine Corps did issue a number of "moral waivers" to enlistees with felony convictions for rape and sexual assault - something not acknowledged in a follow-up letter from Dominguez."

There are many more stories if you care to search...
I am not buying it at all. They can't even enlist people into the military with marijuana charge. I know how hard my husband and his recruiters have to work to get qualified recruits and how many people come in with simple charges who are not able to get in. In 14yrs or recruiting and then more yrs of service I did, I have NEVER heard of anyone with a sexual assault charge or rape being allowed to join the service. Moral waivers for those with rape and sexual charges do not exist- they don't get them

The way the article is written is talking about people ALREADY IN the service committing those crimes, not ones who joined with those crimes. And when people commit those kind of acts while serving in the military, the don't get off easy

Go to any local recruiting station pretending to be someone wanting to join the service and tell them you have a rape charge or sexual assault charge- they won't even bother talking to you anymore about the possibility of joining the service

Old 09-28-2010, 06:34 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,899,273 times
You can't even get in with a domestic violence charge against a female. Let alone rape and sexual assault.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:19 AM

That is DV charges in general, doesn't matter against what gender or by what gender, in case some people are wondering- any charge of violence against someone is an automatic no go because you will not be allowed to carry a firearm and are a risk to fellow soldiers

Old 09-28-2010, 08:12 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,329,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
You can't even get in with a domestic violence charge against a female. Let alone rape and sexual assault.

I am an Air Force recruiter- let's clear it up. In our regulation, nearly everything is waiverable. Just because a waiver exists doesn't meant it will get approved. Murder, for example, must be approved by the General in charge of the whole Air Force recruiting command. In real life, that will never happen, it has to get through so many layers before it gets to the general that someone will tell the recruiter they are nuts before the package even gets reviewed by the general. One exception maybe, someone convicted of murder, and then exonerated through DNA evidence or something.

For domestic violence, in most cases, you can not get a waiver, period. Why? Because you lose the right to bare arms. Sure, you might lose that right with other major felonies, but it's not as "Automatic" and sometimes those rights are restored after a prison sentence. If an individual has lost the right to bare arms, WTF would they join the military?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues