Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 AM

22 posts, read 38,935 times

Advertisements

Hello, last time i posted on this thread was back in march i believe, i got some very helpful words and i just wanted to say Thank you..

My son now has been in the Marine Boot Camp for 6 weeks now before he left even though its just in boot camp i sat down and talked to him and i will again before he goes to his MOS training.. i am excited and very proud of him. I am looking forward in going through this Journey with him. Because of the men (woman) in the military and what they do for our country, my son decided this is what he wants to do and because of you all, now he is living it.. You mean a great deal to everyone and you're really are a Hero, kids look up to you all and with that being said.. Please allow me to say "Thank you and God Bless You"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 01:32 PM

541 posts, read 2,142,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfkj View Post
Hello, last time i posted on this thread was back in march i believe, i got some very helpful words and i just wanted to say Thank you..

My son now has been in the Marine Boot Camp for 6 weeks now before he left even though its just in boot camp i sat down and talked to him and i will again before he goes to his MOS training.. i am excited and very proud of him. I am looking forward in going through this Journey with him. Because of the men (woman) in the military and what they do for our country, my son decided this is what he wants to do and because of you all, now he is living it.. You mean a great deal to everyone and you're really are a Hero, kids look up to you all and with that being said.. Please allow me to say "Thank you and God Bless You"
Welcome to the Marine Mom world I'm sending you a link for a great online support group!

Barb
Proud Army Wife
Proud Marine Mom
Proud Army Mom x2

Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,950,615 times
Thanks for keeping in touch. You should be proud and you will see a big difference in him when he gets out of Boot Camp. If you need anything, you will find you now are part of a large family.

Good luck to you and your son!

Rich

Old 06-30-2011, 11:33 PM

Thank you so much Poncho_nm.. i am so looking forward to seeing him. the first month or so seem really long like it wouldn't end...but now it seems like time is flying and yes @seattleite61 i got it thank you so much for the information... you all have a good night..

Old 07-16-2011, 08:14 PM

160 posts, read 350,745 times
Sounds like you did a good job of raising your kid.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:15 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,790,529 times
God bless your son. Our 22 year old just announced he is signing up for the air force. I have not slept since his dad went with him to talk to the recruiter. I am also proud of him, but very scared.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:27 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,950,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
God bless your son. Our 22 year old just announced he is signing up for the air force. I have not slept since his dad went with him to talk to the recruiter. I am also proud of him, but very scared.
Congratulations! Mothers seem to worry about their children forever. Your son is going in a positive direction. I hope he can get in, it is becoming more difficult to get in the service, a lot of applicants and some down sizing...

Good luck!

Rich

Old 08-01-2011, 07:23 AM

I am sorry it took this long to reply, these 3months has been a emotional roller coaster for me, i have my ups and down, but i made it so the last time i post my son was on his 6week of training, well i will soon be bringing home my soon to be marine, he will finish bootcamp in a few weeks. i am so excited to see him and even if its only for a few days he is at home. so thank you guys so much for your kind comments they mean alot to me. i am just glad its finaly over, i know this is just the beginning stages of it, but i think i will be okay from here on out with the help of God, my family and friends and online friends .. Montelycrew, Thank you i will be praying for you and your family especially your son, it will be rough at first but just think the feeling you are going to get when the time comes to see him graduate and seeing him for the first time in his Airforce Uniform the one thing that got me through this beside my husband and family was Marinefamilynetwork.org those parents are awesome, they knew how i was feeling and i got to talk and meet other great parents that thier sons was either in the same company or in the same platoon as mine... you will do just fine, stay strong for your son God Bless you and thank your son (for me) for wanted to serve our country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues