Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:41 PM

65 posts, read 437,150 times

Advertisements

Hey How's MEPS processing like?

Anyone that wanted to join a military branch that got DQ'd there?

How did you peoples go on about being DQ'd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 07:21 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,324,862 times
You keep asking about this. What are you afraid of being DQ'd for and we can be more helpful? Is there a medical condition of specific concern?

Old 11-30-2012, 07:26 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,606,100 times
Dmaire123, any chance she can get a waiver for the age thing? I don't know if she asked about it?

On being dq'd I should have been dq'd when going into the guard for hearing, luckily I when doing the test there was a light and I just pushed the button everytime the light came on, couldn't hear several frequencies...

The big thing is can you lift a decent amount of weight and can stretch without any pain...

Also surgeries and pre existing conditions..

Old 11-30-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
You keep asking about this. What are you afraid of being DQ'd for and we can be more helpful? Is there a medical condition of specific concern?
LOL! sorry for asking and posting again. Eh, past history of depression is what I might get DQ'd. But I haven't even started ASVAB yet. I also want to see if I can qualify by ASVAB. But I also even bought ASVAB book to prepare for ASVAB. And I don't want to waste money that I cannot do an ASVAB test even if I bought the book to prepare and study for it.

My concern is attempt to try the ASVAB and so on process and see if I'm DQ'd with proof of clear records off of past history depression.

Or if I'm just second-guessing right off the bat that I know I'm DQ'd, should i be doing something else than having hopes of joining the AIr Force Reserve? I'm really determined to qualify and join AF Reserve but, i feel I'm just gonna be disappointed if I did disqualify. And I don't know MEPS digs for records. How do they find things?. Do they ask for what is your insurance or what insurance you use.

I just had advice from my family doctor/physician and she said I should do something else than AIr Force. She says I won't be fit and says the DQ may be the history of depression. I kinda feel upset about hearing about it and she said think about it before I go enlisting or to do the process.

Even if I have past history of whatever depression, it was not major depression. i never had suicidal thoughts.

or I'm thinking don't attempt to do the ASVAB and process and wait another year?

It sucks that past conditions may disqualify me. I don't have any other DQ conditions. And other than that I'm not even ready for ASVAB because I want to aim a good score.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Dmaire123, any chance she can get a waiver for the age thing? I don't know if she asked about it?

On being dq'd I should have been dq'd when going into the guard for hearing, luckily I when doing the test there was a light and I just pushed the button everytime the light came on, couldn't hear several frequencies...

The big thing is can you lift a decent amount of weight and can stretch without any pain...

Also surgeries and pre existing conditions..
Hey there!

Just wondering how was your MEPS experience.

You join the guard? Hope you like it.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webgirl01 View Post
or I'm thinking don't attempt to do the ASVAB and process and wait another year?
Waiting is not going to fix anything.

There is no one on this forum who is really qualified or capable to give you a perfect applicable answer. But here is one answer, if you do not go through the process, you can not enter any U.S. Military service...

Just buckle down and go through the recruiters recommendations...

Rich

Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,896,349 times
If you've never had suicidal thoughts and have not been on medication for at least a year you should be fine unless you get up there and act all schizo like you've been doing on the board. They may put you out for a psyche consult, but that is standard procedure, which would mean your process may involve two or three trips to MEPS. (initial processing, consult, actual swear in)

Old 11-30-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Waiting is not going to fix anything.

There is no one on this forum who is really qualified or capable to give you a perfect applicable answer. But here is one answer, if you do not go through the process, you can not enter any U.S. Military service...

Just buckle down and go through the recruiters recommendations...

Rich
LOL! Thanks for your response. I know waiting won't give any answers. And I have understand the if I don't go through the process of enlisting that I cannot go through an U.S Military service.

I'll just have to pray whatever happens if I did get there to MEPS.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
If you've never had suicidal thoughts and have not been on medication for at least a year you should be fine unless you get up there and act all schizo like you've been doing on the board. They may put you out for a psyche consult, but that is standard procedure, which would mean your process may involve two or three trips to MEPS. (initial processing, consult, actual swear in)
Hi there macjr82, thanks for your input and response. I guess I'll have to see what happens. I was just chatting online with an AF Reserve about Medical disqualifications and meds. He said I probably need to get off meds 36 months prior to enlisting. I'm 29 and the last age limit is to enlist before 35.

But I guess it's up to MEPs to do the rest if they feel I should be disqualified or not.

By the way, how was your MEPS experience? What branch are you in?

-webgirl01

Old 12-04-2012, 07:13 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,324,862 times
I am a recruiter. We can often get history of depression cleared, but it depends on the timeframe, severity, and symptoms, as well as the actual diagnosis. The best thing to do is get your medical records and have the recruiter submit them BEFORE you go to MEPS. You can probably get an answer by submitting your records.

For me, MEPS was easy, I had only had a broken leg and tonsils removed. MEPS is not harder and stricter than anytime in the past, but if you pass the portion where you turn in paper records, you have a great chance of passing at MEPS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues