Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 06:42 PM

5 posts, read 4,125 times

Advertisements

I have to agree with everyone. The VA is nothing other then a deterrence. My situation is even better. After my assessment, I called the evaluator because I never received a copy of his report. He told me he was under contract and couldn't give me a copy. He told me to call his company, VES (Veterans Evaluation Services). I called his company and was told that a copy was sent to VA and while they couldn't give me a copy, I should contact VA directly to get one. VA asked me to submit a Release of Information (ROI) for my own record, back to my own self, just to get a copy! Then they told me they didn't have it. I went around and around with the whole mess. Then finally I had someone call for me and finally received a copy of the assessment...which should have been a part of my package from the beginning. To top it off, after I looked it over, there were several false statements from the evaluator, misrepresenting what I said to him. There was no avenue to dispute it either. I'm at a loss for words with the way I was treated. By the way, don't opt for the RAMP program if you put in for disability. It's a scam as well, and just a quicker way to say no. At least for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,398 times
Same thing, seen by VES in Colorado Springs for hips and migraines and in Denver for TBI last month. Although I received a "favorable" report from the examiners and quite an increase in disability ratings (from 10% to 70%) which I am happy about believe me! But when I received my decision in the mail along with the C&P reports, there were so many inaccuracies and honestly straight out lies I am now very frustrated and wondering what to do. For instance for my hips, she checked range of motion with repetition 3 times for each measurement however she only recorded thr first measurement she took. Each repetition had decreased ROM because of pain, yet she only recorded the first. There was only one time that I did not do the motion repetition 3 times and that was because SHE told me not to because I was in tears, I told her I would try and SHE told me "no, I am going to say you can not do it". Well on the report she said that I stated it was too painful to do 3 times. Compete lie, those words came out of her mouth, not mine. She also said I had no pain upon palpation yet she never palated my hips or thighs, matter of fact she never even touched me. Yet my medical record per VA and Tricare as well as physical therapy for 7 months state dozens of times intense pain upon palpation. Lastly for my hips she stated that passive ROM was the same as active ROM. Again, she never once touched me so therefore how can she know my passove ROM is the same as my active ROM? She also stated on the migraine DBQ in one section that "veteran has missed work several times a month and expends all vacation/sick time regularly due to prostrating migraine attacks" yet she check marked the box "does not cause severe economic instability". Yet I showed her my logbook where I keep track of migraines and my corresponding time cards showing where I took 3,4,5 sometimes 6 or 7 days off of work/had to leave early due to migraines. The TBI examiner also reported incorrect and inaccurate information and used her own words in her report where she was supposed to use my words. Ugh, sorry so long. I have an appointment with my DAV rep the day after Christmas and I have noted on copies of the C&Ps each and every time inaccurate information was reported. Hoping I can get new C&P exams by a different company or at least different examiner and this time h I ve someone go with me if possible. Anybody else have this type of situation happen and have any luck getting a new C&P? I hate to complain because like I said, I am glad that the report was favorable in the fact that they finally connected injuries incurred in service as well as 2 secondary conditions, but it concerns me because although I favorable and increased, the report screwed me on percentages because of inaccurate information.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,070 times
I t would take me five hours to explain all the erroneous information VES gave on my C&P exam.They said i was an xsmoker I never Smoked on and on . I think I am going to try and start a class action they have had the contract for 35 years

Old 08-03-2019, 08:12 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starship1 View Post
I t would take me five hours to explain all the erroneous information VES gave on my C&P exam.They said i was an xsmoker I never Smoked on and on . I think I am going to try and start a class action they have had the contract for 35 years
I wonder if you started by going through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs:
https://www.va.gov/health-care/about...alth-benefits/ and https://www.va.gov/health-care/how-to-apply/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues