Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 12:16 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,986,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Thats weird they would do that and not discharge him- id call GI Rights
Maybe because they see that something isn't right and instead of kicking him out, they actually care about their soldier and they want to make sure he gets the help he needs. IMO, this is good news and good for the soldier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 07:40 PM

805 posts, read 2,000,027 times
OP any updates? i hope he is doing well and getting the support and assistance he needs

Old 10-29-2014, 10:38 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I agree if he can get VA benifits he should go that route. If he's rated at least 30% that will help him a lot with future medical care.
VA benefits?????????

What, exactly, would he be a "veteran" of???

Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
Just an update: he has an appt with their psych dr. He did not get in trouble. Got a "negative consequence", which I hear is basically like a warning. But I think they know something is a little "off", hence the dr. I'll update after Fridays appt. thanks for all your help!
After the OP described her son growing up, the first thing I thought of was mental issues. I can't believe he was encouraged to go into the military at all.

I had a feeling his little adventure into the military was going to go awry, after seeing the OP's posts asking about how hard is it to pass the grenades test, and how their family is all big on military, and how they are all talking about the issues he is having during Basic.

smh

Old 10-29-2014, 09:07 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,982,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
After the OP described her son growing up, the first thing I thought of was mental issues. I can't believe he was encouraged to go into the military at all.

I had a feeling his little adventure into the military was going to go awry, after seeing the OP's posts asking about how hard is it to pass the grenades test, and how their family is all big on military, and how they are all talking about the issues he is having during Basic.

smh
Why don't people just wait to hear from the OP. It's so easy to second guess and say what should have been done. But none of us know the parents or this kid. So how can one know it all when we don't know the young man well or anything beyond what's posted. As she noted it was his desire and decision to join, he thought it would help him overcome some issues, and I suppose give him more confidence and so forth. I don't think mom said anything wrong in her posts here, in fact she has been quite patient with some posters playing armchair quarterback and psychologist. I just hope things will be OK and he can move past all this.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:35 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Because it's obvious the woman knows her son has these issues, and IMO, he shouldn't have been encouraged to go into the military to fix them; that's what doctors are for.

I, too, hope he gets the help he needs.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:22 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,591,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
VA benefits?????????

A veteran of the military. If he is found to have a rateable disability he will get benifits.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:16 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
VA benefits?????????

From: Apply for Disability Compensation | Explore VA Benefits

Quote:
Disability Compensation

Veterans who have disabilities, medical conditions, or injuries incurred or aggravated during active military service—no matter when or where they served—may be eligible to receive tax-free monthly benefits.
And that is not the topic of this thread... So, it will end here.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:25 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,638,890 times
She hasn't logged on since the 23rd, I don't think she wants to talk about it anymore..

Old 10-30-2014, 04:41 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
She hasn't logged on since the 23rd, I don't think she wants to talk about it anymore..
Sorry, that is not correct...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues