Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:34 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlexa View Post
Why invest so much to someone who is crazy? Dump her, even if this is all true.
I wouldn't say she is "crazy" because she has PTSD.

But it sounds like this woman has something other than that....probably a personality disorder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 10:51 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,918,943 times
I know a former US Army full Bird that was CO of a MASH unit who retired after 34 yrs and NO he was not a MD.

He was always flying on a Military hop to the War College back east and would return to the west coast for 2-3 days.

The rides were free as planes were always on a training run.

I saw the same experience when I was in northern Japan (Misa Air Base) flights to Tokyo and back.

Maybe she is a Nurse and can get similar flights as an Officer.

Green Beret for a Female......highly unlikely.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:29 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
I'm not plussing for this particular woman, but I think it might be possible for women to be attached Special Ops undercover missions where they use a male/female couple for better mission concealment.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:29 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,343,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp208 View Post
Again, she is a captain, officer, green beret, special ops, 12 years Army service, has been blown up, killed and seen death.
Cray cray. Run while you can.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:46 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp208 View Post
Hello, this is my first time posting about this topic and I was wondering if I would attract any decent opinions... I'm a 30 year old professional who is single with no kids. I met my current significant other via a paid, online, dating service about 7 months ago. We met in person 6 months ago. I live in the Pacific Northwest, and she lives about 1,200 miles East. I was not interested in pursuing her due to the distance, but she assured me that she is 1.5 years into a med-board retirement and it has always been her dream to move to my area.
Afteter going through all the "what-if" situations, I came to find that she is a special ops Army Officer who has served since she was 18. She is also 30 years old. Well, we see each other for about a week every month, whether I go visit her or she comes to visit me. I have never had a long distance relationship and was also skeptical, but it seems to be going well! Here is my issue: She still has not received her orders, we do have very general timeline of when we think they will come. In the mean time, she is under an intense amount of stress, PTSD, and may (come to find) end up staying in the area she currently resides due to a job offer. This throws a wrench into our game plan, but I told her that since I love her I am willing to move just to be with her. We got into a couple intense fights the last two times we visited each other. I am posting this to not only vent, but to see if anyone has any opinion or input on this. I am naive about the military and she has taught me a lot. She can be stubborn and 'detached/desensitized' at times and that frustrates me. But I do love her. Again, she is a captain, officer, green beret, special ops, 12 years Army service, has been blown up, killed and seen death. PTSD and I'm not perfect either I'm there for her. Any advice on to how I should and can help her and I get through these crazy fights?
Screech.....so you've spent about 42 days with this person and you are already declaring your love for her? AND you guys are already having crazy fights? Sounds like you guys are moving too fast if she is legit. Although it sounds like you are being played. If not, maybe slowing down and get to really know her would be a wise move before you uproot your life and do something you may regret.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,120 times
They have females and they go on patrols to aid with the afghan women.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:33 AM

37,092 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRETIRED View Post
A band of sisters on the special ops battlefield - CNN.com

Old 06-21-2015, 02:59 AM

391 posts, read 1,029,622 times
Okay. Not commenting on the rest. But "female Special Forces" qualified officer. NOT a single one in the United States Army. There are no "one offs" either.

Females with SF Teams, females with ground infantry brigades/battalions, females with whomever else is on the ground engaging with a civilian population that is primarily Muslim in a low intensity conflict and half the population is off limits to males? They are called female engagement teams (FET). They do great and needed work where males cannot tread without causing a significant emotional event. But they are not SF (peeps-non 18 series males or females- in the support squadrons aren't).

Old 06-21-2015, 05:19 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,320,160 times
"When people show you who they are, believe them the first time." -Dr. Maya Angelou

By continuing a relationship with this girl, you're ignoring red flags. Stop trying to be a gentleman and stop trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. You said you don't even want to date a military professional, yet you're seeing one right now!

Old 06-21-2015, 05:28 AM

8,048 posts, read 12,758,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRETIRED View Post
But this woman SPECIFICALLY said she was a "Green Beret". Not that she had served WITH Green berets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues