Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 05:42 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,427,490 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Join the Army, Buy a House?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 10:54 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,532,525 times
MAN, things sure have improved in the Army; they used to just give you a "shelter half"... (that's half of a pup tent for the uninitiated)

Old 07-14-2008, 07:59 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
I know it's an old post...

but, the AAF comes with a "price" as does everything else the Army "offers".

And Crew Chief..if you are still a member or read this post...when I was outprocessing in 2005 (I think they stopped issuing them in 04), they were still refusing to take shelter halves that didn't pass the "smell" test or their "keen" eye...I was kickbacked for a damn shelter half that was never even opened when I received it at Inprocessing (though I should have known better) or was even going to be used. I loved outprocessing

Old 07-19-2008, 10:31 PM

121804, enjoyed your post! (Being in the USAF, we stayed in billeting or in a hotel instead of getting issued shelter halves...

As for the current recruiting incentives; the military is just like any other employer. They're trying to get the best recruits and have to decide what financial incentives will work best to attract the number of recruits they need.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Being in the USAF, we stayed in billeting or in a hotel instead of getting issued shelter halves...

As for the current recruiting incentives; the military is just like any other employer. They're trying to get the best recruits and have to decide what financial incentives will work best to attract the number of recruits they need.
Yeah, I forgot the AF doesn't do FXs or PT or ...wait, what exactly does the AF do

They are also using the AAF to keep Soldiers in. We have friends who would prefer to become civilians, but with the state of the economy, etc, they prefer to keep their free health care & BAS

Old 07-20-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Yeah, I forgot the AF doesn't do FXs or PT or ...wait, what exactly does the AF do
What do we do?

- Provide jet fighters so that the fighter jocks will be able to make neat moves with their hands at the O' Club on Friday nights after they've borrowed those jets from the maintainers who own them...

- Provide those awesome airliners with no windows and sideways or rear-facing seats to haul soldiers around in. Only to kick 'em out the door while airborne

Old 07-20-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
What do we do?

- Provide jet fighters so that the fighter jocks will be able to make neat moves with their hands at the O' Club on Friday nights after they've borrowed those jets from the maintainers who own them...

- Provide those awesome airliners with no windows and sideways or rear-facing seats to haul soldiers around in. Only to kick 'em out the door while airborne

Yeah, nothing like going up in a C130 only to know that you will not be landing in that C130....
I never got to do a back door jump, though...that was one of my goals

I was stationed with an AVN BDE in 2ID/Korea & always got a kick out of the pilots & their egos though I'd fly anywhere with a good WO & they know their stuff (not sure if AF has WOs)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues