Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-18-2018, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Yucaipa, California
9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
Reputation: 6853

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Your Army
The best Army jobs right now for long-term Army careers
By: Jim Tice   September 30, 2015



• CMF 18 (Special Forces).

• 12D (diver), an engineer specialty.

• 12P (prime power production specialist), another engineer specialty.

• 17C (cyber operations specialist), the Army's newest MOS.

• 25D (cyber network defender), a signal specialty.

• 31D (CID special agent), a military police specialty.

• 35L (counterintelligence agent), a military intelligence specialty.

• 37F (psychological operations), a special operations MOS.

• 38B (civil affairs), a special operations MOS.

• 46Q (public affairs specialist).

• 46R (broadcast specialist), another public affairs MOS.

• 51C (contracting NCO), an Army Acquisition Corps specialty.

• 79R (recruiter), a career specialty for soldiers who have successfully served as detailed recruiters.

• 89D (explosive ordnance disposal), a special operations MOS.

• 31D (CID special Agent).

• 35L (counterintelligence agent).

• 29E (electronic warfare specialist).

• 12P (prime power specialist).

• 51C (contracting NCO).

• 25D (cyber network defender).

• 25E (electromagnetic spectrum manager).

You really need to read the article:
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...-army-careers/
It looks like more then a few of those will require a big time security clearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-18-2018, 05:39 PM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
Reputation: 31329
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
It looks like more then a few of those will require a big time security clearance.
I held one of the listed mos's... I had a few issues..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2018, 06:40 PM
 
Location: Central Massachusetts
6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times
Reputation: 9332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post

Your Army
The best Army jobs right now for long-term Army careers
By: Jim Tice   September 30, 2015




• CMF 18 (Special Forces).

• 12D (diver), an engineer specialty.

• 12P (prime power production specialist), another engineer specialty.

• 17C (cyber operations specialist), the Army's newest MOS.

• 25D (cyber network defender), a signal specialty.

• 31D (CID special agent), a military police specialty.

• 35L (counterintelligence agent), a military intelligence specialty.

• 37F (psychological operations), a special operations MOS.

• 38B (civil affairs), a special operations MOS.

• 46Q (public affairs specialist).

• 46R (broadcast specialist), another public affairs MOS.

• 51C (contracting NCO), an Army Acquisition Corps specialty.

• 79R (recruiter), a career specialty for soldiers who have successfully served as detailed recruiters.

• 89D (explosive ordnance disposal), a special operations MOS.

• 31D (CID special Agent).

• 35L (counterintelligence agent).

• 29E (electronic warfare specialist).

• 12P (prime power specialist).

• 51C (contracting NCO).

• 25D (cyber network defender).

• 25E (electromagnetic spectrum manager).

You really need to read the article:
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...-army-careers/
I actually think they are discounting the 91 and 88 series MOS's dealing with equipment and logistics. You ain't getting there without them. That goes for our civilian world. Stuff needs to be moved from point a to point b. Those jobs are pretty damned lucrative as well depending upon at what level you want to work at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2018, 07:31 PM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
Reputation: 31329
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
I actually think they are discounting the 91 and 88 series MOS's dealing with equipment and logistics. You ain't getting there without them. That goes for our civilian world. Stuff needs to be moved from point a to point b. Those jobs are pretty damned lucrative as well depending upon at what level you want to work at.
The Army has over 180 Enlisted MOS's. I just showed someone else's list. That was for the benefit of the Original Poster:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgttrunk View Post
My two older sons were 31E's "Corrections" in the Army. Son #3 is expressing an interest in joining the Military. The Army was offering 5 year commitments for 31B "Military Police". I am looking 3+ year MOS's in the Army or Air Force. Doesn't have to be MP but kind of where he wants to end up down the road when he gets out. We respect the Navy but 6 years is way to long. Not ruling out Marines, but I was hoping for a little more diversity in picking jobs, and a lower commitment time than 4 years. Looking to get in and out of the Military. Any current or retired Army or Air Force Service men/women that know of a really good MOS for my little buddy?
That's all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2018, 04:50 AM
 
Location: Central Massachusetts
6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times
Reputation: 9332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
The Army has over 180 Enlisted MOS's. I just showed someone else's list. That was for the benefit of the Original Poster:
That's all...
Ah sorry. I just looked at what you posted and didn't actually go to the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2018, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Elysium
12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Reputation: 9194
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I wonder what is the # 1 favorite (most requested) MOS in the army is ?
It is not 1971 and I don't think the US Army sends enlisted volunteers to the infantry involuntarily anymore, officers are a different matter. If I am correct 11B also 11M in my era, would still be the most popular. Sure for some it would be take infantry or remain a civilian but instead of being sent to the infantry I think that it is more likely that your unit with soldiers of other MOS's would be assigned missions that we would want an infantry unit to do if one was available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2018, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
37,443 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Reputation: 30387
Our youngest son is in the Army serving as a 15N - AH-64 Apache helicopter Avionics Mechanic. He loves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2020, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Bradford MA
76 posts, read 210,640 times
Reputation: 139
Well I haven't posted in a while but son #3 leaves on 12/08/20 for Basic Training in the Air Force. He is probably going to stay at Lackland AFB in San Antonio Texas after Basic Training for his Security Force Tech School. I will keep you posted. Sons #1 and #2 both done with their 8 year commitments. He we go again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2020, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Sandy Eggo's North County
10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Reputation: 16844
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgttrunk View Post
Well I haven't posted in a while but son #3 leaves on 12/08/20 for Basic Training in the Air Force. He is probably going to stay at Lackland AFB in San Antonio Texas after Basic Training for his Security Force Tech School. I will keep you posted. Sons #1 and #2 both done with their 8 year commitments. He we go again!
Son's #1 & #2 got out, after 8 years?

Maybe son #3 will see the errors of his brothers, and go 20...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2020, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Honolulu/DMV Area/NYC
30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Reputation: 34464
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Son's #1 & #2 got out, after 8 years?

Maybe son #3 will see the errors of his brothers, and go 20...
I am curious to know what sons #1 and #2 are doing after their 8 years and if they think that it was worth it to get out. I'm going on 6 years in 2021 and my current tour will take me out to 7. At this point, I plan to stay in at least 10 years to obtain Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and at that point might as well take it to 20. The benefits are pretty hard to pass up, but some people just don't have it in them to continue, and I can't always blame them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top