Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 03:38 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
How many of you posters were ever in the military? It is a pranksters paradise, with a target-rich environment. Like the first-grade playground, running to tell the teacher gets you branded as a tattle-tale. If you can't take it, get out the front door.
20+ years of active service for me. It's not the boys club it once was. In fact, it hasn't been for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
Come on. I abhor how far the military has gone in some respects due to politics, but pissing in someone's clothing is disgusting and not a practical joke. It never has been. In fact, when I was a young and dumb enlisted dude I would have smashed someone's face in if they pissed in my boots.

A practical joke is hiding someone's gym bag or drawing on their ID.
Or many other things. But of all the things we did, I'd never urinate in someone's boots. That's not funny and I'd bet this was not a practical joke.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:17 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Maybe all of this should change. For all the respect that the military demands, I would hope the military conducts itself at a higher level than first grade.

This has nothing to do with #metoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
Come on. I abhor how far the military has gone in some respects due to politics, but pissing in someone's clothing is disgusting and not a practical joke. It never has been. In fact, when I was a young and dumb enlisted dude I would have smashed someone's face in if they pissed in my boots.

A practical joke is hiding someone's gym bag or drawing on their ID.
Precisely. I work in an industry rife with practical jokes, and used to work in a group who were champs at it. But they had a rule: nothing that caused permanent harm. You wanna put a silly bumper sticker on someone's car and see how long it takes them to notice? Knock yourself out and they'll laugh with you when they find it. Let the air out of or slash their tires? No way. Therefore, their jokes were fun and funny, not over-the-top. And usually weren't directed at a specific person out of dislike or nastiness.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:04 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
When I joined, I had never heard of "short sheeting". I got short sheeted my first night at the induction station.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:04 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Whatever happened to pissing in another person's Cheerios?

Old 02-13-2019, 06:17 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Whatever happened to pissing in another person's Cheerios?
Still happens. Although not literally.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:52 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,893,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
20+ years of active service for me. It's not the boys club it once was. In fact, it hasn't been for a long time.
Concur recently retired after 31 years, seen huge changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Or many other things. But of all the things we did, I'd never urinated in someone's boots. That's not funny and I'd bet this was not a practical joke.
Again concur, I've seen many pranks, but nothing like this. That's not a prank, that's deep hatred and/or revenge. This is the act of someone who is twisted and certainly not normal Air Force or Air Guard behavior

Old 02-13-2019, 09:50 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
Concur recently retired after 31 years, seen huge changes.

Again concur, I've seen many pranks, but nothing like this. That's not a prank, that's deep hatred and/or revenge. This is the act of someone who is twisted and certainly not normal Air Force or Air Guard behavior

If the perpetrator of that "prank" was identified, I would expect the Air Force would discharge him with a less-than-honorable designation.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:15 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,588,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Maybe all of this should change. For all the respect that the military demands, I would hope the military conducts itself at a higher level than first grade.

This has nothing to do with #metoo.
Says the person who never spent a day in the military.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:19 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,588,269 times
In the C-130 world it was common for a newbie to be told to determine if the plane had a hydraulic fluid leak just aft of the paratroop doors. For those not familiar with the C-130, that's where the urinal drain outlets are located. They'd also be instructed to go to maintenance and get some prop wash. And the list goes on.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:07 AM
PFM

181 posts, read 221,535 times
I always liked the box of grid squares, myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues