Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 05:09 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I am a 75 year Old Army disability retiree. Yesterday my wife took me to the nearby Army Hospital on the ARMY BASE. My wife dropped me at the door and I got as far as the lobby of the Pharmacy when exited staff came in with a Soldier in his PT uniform looking for a doctor. My wife arrived from the parking lot and wheeled me to the lab.

We got a number, waited, went to Window 2 and then waited again. Finally Station #1 and blood draw. Then back to the Pharmacy to return the wheelchair. When we arrived the soldier was still on the floor awaiting a doctor. The Ambulance from 9-11 had just arrived and it's team was coming in. I assume to transport an on Duty American Soldier from a US Army Hospital on an Army Base to a Civilian Hospital because the Army was unable to provide him medical care.

I am a Combat Veteran, what happened to my Army?
You got it exactly right. Bliss is a clinic, not a hospital. It has no capacity for emergency medicine. Lots of smaller posts have setups exactly like that, where patients are intended to go off-post to an emergency room.

Blame politicians, blame budgets, blame whoever you like. But that's how it is.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:22 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
You got it exactly right. Bliss is a clinic, not a hospital. It has no capacity for emergency medicine. Lots of smaller posts have setups exactly like that, where patients are intended to go off-post to an emergency room.

Blame politicians, blame budgets, blame whoever you like. But that's how it is.
If the Army has no capacity to treat active duty soldiers how can they deploy units anywhere?
Who will treat the injured or wounded who need treatment at the front or near it?
Just like who will wash the dishes or cook the meals. Subcontracting has destroyed our military

In the summer of 1962 I was a young soldier in Operation Swift Strike III. A combined forces practice of 3,500,000 Service members of all branches. In October the Cuban Missile Crises was a replay. Everyone knew where to go. We have no such capability now. Our military is a sham

Old 03-14-2020, 12:07 PM

6,594 posts, read 7,087,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
If they'd called 911 he would have been taken to the right place. That's procedure by every training ever given in the military.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFM View Post
Apparently the NCOs have forgotten what an NCO is supposed to do? I may be old and retired but if my CSM saw one of my soldiers like that it would have been my ass - back in the day .
Kuddos for both of you and Boom goes the microphone.

Old 03-14-2020, 12:12 PM

6,594 posts, read 7,087,216 times
Quote:
No, Active Duty soldiers have to be taken to a civilian hospital. n their way they can see the "wall"

Probably should have been on the BRAC years ago instead of Ft Devens MA. At least we had a decent medical facility on the base. Must have been a political save there somehow.

Old 03-14-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
A). You brought up the wall. Post #6.

B). Weed? That’s a clinic, not a hospital. I’ve been there MANY times. Clinics are the trend on posts, and most are marked “no emergency services.” They just don’t have the capacity and the military doesn’t spend the money to keep that capacity handy just in case.

C). Troops deploying deploy with a field clinic. They DO have emergency treatment, usually better than on a smaller post.

D). Is it still an AIT post? Soldiers, especially new ones, sometimes exaggerate injuries.
Raymnd W Biiss Medica Center. Ft Huachuca

I have n0 idea what y0u are taking about. Assumptions seem to be running wild.

Old 03-14-2020, 01:27 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,758,083 times
Quote:
Raymnd W Biiss Medica Center. Ft Huachuca

I have n0 idea what y0u are taking about. Assumptions seem to be running wild.
Many people have no idea what you were moaning about... You never mentioned what hospital you were talking about in this thread.....

Old 03-14-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
It's actually only about 5 miles from Hucha (maybe 7 from the base hospital) to the civilian medical center. If you exit through the south gate, it's pretty much a straight shot along one road. In order to see the metal grates, you would need a detour of 25 miles each way.
What would you have me do? I am a 75 year old invalid. my crowding in would have done nothing.
I can"t understand your hostility to me. My question is, how does the Army intend to function if they
can't care for their own. I thought I made that clear.

Last edited by Boompa; 03-14-2020 at 01:55 PM..

Old 03-14-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Many people have no idea what you were moaning about... You never mentioned what hospital you were talking about in this thread.....
I did that intentionally. I didm"t want to point a finger at Ft Huachuca because it appears to be an Army Wide problem. The Army needs to be able to care for a mobilized force of millions rather than new medals, badges and uniforms.

I don't understand the hostility to me. I didn't create the situation

Last edited by Boompa; 03-14-2020 at 01:56 PM..

Old 03-14-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Kuddos for both of you and Boom goes the microphone.
He must have been a Doctor, the soldier needed a doctor. There were plenty of Medics, no doctor.
I thought I made that clear. I am a 75 year old invalid, what would you have me do?

Old 03-14-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Moaning? Yes I think the Army would take care of Active Duty Soldiers while they are on duty.
I'm sorry if you consider that moaning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues