Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 04:36 PM

532 posts, read 446,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
There is also a threat many active duty troops, including medical people, can get infected, and the medical IRR/retired personnel at a minimum would need to assist in this.

But I also read retired was not included in this, just the IRR. Are retired included? It seems so given the posters here response.
I'm sure normally Reserve, Guard and IRR would go first.

per the questions I was asked "they" do not want to pull someone who is already working in their local healthcare hospital/clinic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 06:17 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
If they need a really good helicopter pilot, I'm available.
3,000 + hours.
Test pilot
Instrument check pilot
Fine judge of onion soup

Old 03-31-2020, 08:40 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
If they need a really good helicopter pilot, I'm available.
3,000 + hours.
Test pilot
Instrument check pilot
Fine judge of onion soup
Only during flight. Out of a cup must use a spoon. Otherwise it doesn’t count.

The problem is when older people who volunteer start getting sick.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:19 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Only during flight. Out of a cup must use a spoon. Otherwise it doesn’t count.

The problem is when older people who volunteer start getting sick.
This was my husband’s reaction when he got the email.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:23 AM

365 posts, read 270,874 times
Not sure that Retired Military can be force recalled (being the 8 year Military Obligation met)

Never know though, with the Pres., everything changes on a daily basis.

Old 04-02-2020, 04:56 PM

1,093 posts, read 1,058,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwolfman View Post
Not sure that Retired Military can be force recalled (being the 8 year Military Obligation met)
Forced? Maybe. Multiple retired folks showed up during GWOT.

Quote:
Despite your attempt to politicize things; whether it is TDS, ODS, or whatever hyper political idiots said about Bush, offering to recall retired folks is nothing new.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:29 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post
Forced? Maybe. Multiple retired folks showed up during GWOT.

Despite your attempt to politicize things; whether it is TDS, ODS, or whatever hyper political idiots said about Bush, offering to recall retired folks is nothing new.
They were forced I remember a news cast, maybe 60 Minutes around 2002/3 with a bunch of retired Army Warrant Officers and Senior NCOs thinking that they were retired but got called back due to Iraq going through a refresher training camp. With the how dare you Bush I did my duty message being stated.

Old 04-03-2020, 03:03 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times
Quote:

Yes, because in the midst of a national health crisis, every day is the same as the day before, correct?

Old 04-03-2020, 03:34 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,431,751 times
Quote:
You are confusing retired and discharged veterans.

The retired folks are retired from service and have retirement pay. However, that retirement comes with a "subject to recall at any time" provision. We can be pulled back as needed.

Veterans who did not retire, but were discharged, remain in the Individual Ready Reserve (if they do not continue in USAR or ARNG units) until their obligation is met, then they are free and clear. They can only be recalled in a serious national emergency, such as Congress actually declaring war.

Anyone can volunteer to come back. That's what the US Army has done. It asked certain former medical personnel to volunteer to come back, so long as they are not serving in medical positions in the civilian world. A former medic who is working in a retail store would be real high on that list of folks the Army is seeking.

If you did not have a medical MOS, you are not part of this request.

I've not seen anything that indicates the other services have asked for volunteers. I've also seen nothing that indicates the president made this request. It appears to be an internal Army personnel matter.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:05 PM
PFM

181 posts, read 221,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
They were forced I remember a news cast, maybe 60 Minutes around 2002/3 with a bunch of retired Army Warrant Officers and Senior NCOs thinking that they were retired but got called back due to Iraq going through a refresher training camp. With the how dare you Bush I did my duty message being stated.
There is no forced - if you are on the retired list you are subject to recall. They should have read the fine print.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues