Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 11:59 AM

562 posts, read 342,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I have seen zero, absolutely zero, evidence of any right wing activity in the USAF. That is based on 30 years of continually working on a base 1990-2021 and about to be 2022, both as AD and CTR.

If any right wing activity exists at all, and I’m not convinced that it is, but if it is, I would suspect that it would exist at the lower ranks of the USA and USMC in very small pockets here and there.

So I agree with the OP. The Democrats, through the use of the DOJ, are trying to manufacture a boogeyman.

Not trying to turn this political, but they are the ones in charge right now, and they are the ones pushing this bizarre and false agenda, so they deserve to be called out for it.

Aspects of what CRT is all about is also being pushed all around me in ways that did not exist pre-2020. That’s an absolute fact whether people want to believe it or not. I refuse to participate in “take one step forward if you are a white male” BS.

Man, I’ve worked my ass off for 30 years, deployed over a dozen times, worked routine 72 hour weeks for decades. I’ve went whole months without a day off because the needs of the Air Force come first. I don’t want to hear any white privilege nonsense.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-...awn-mccaffrey/

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/y...in-california/

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...snt-fixed.html

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/y...the-air-force/

But as long as you never saw it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 12:45 PM

6,167 posts, read 3,388,775 times
A handful of guys out of hundreds of thousands? Ok, whatever. Still doesn’t change the fact that I’ve never personally witnessed it, nor even known anyone who knew anyone involved in any activity such as that. I’ve met thousands of people during my career. My point is that there is no trend, there is no real problem.

Also, the one in California, I know a little about it as it was briefed to me by people in the know. There is more going on there than the story details, I’ll just leave it at that. You can believe what you want to believe.

If the other three did what they were alleged to have did, I’m glad they are out of uniform. But again, I have no information on those cases, and I’m certainly not stupid enough to believe media propaganda as my sole source.

Old 12-22-2021, 12:55 PM

8,502 posts, read 6,923,465 times
Well there is General Flynn. So I suppose there are extremists going down rank to include junior officers and enlisted. Having said that I’m not convinced that the military is anything like a hot bed of extremism.

Old 12-22-2021, 07:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Wait, you prefer our military have more minorities die in the military than Caucasians? Because that is what you are formatting in this post. Gang bangers good, White Supremists (cough) bad both serving the Country.
No he didn’t
You are attempting to change the narrative
And NEITHER in the military is good for America
But gang bangers likely have too much police history to join

Old 12-22-2021, 09:26 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,396,550 times
Quote:
US military falsely painted as a hotbed for extremists
False? Hardly. It starts at the top with the lunatic Milley. He's trying to turn the whole army into Bolshevists.

Old 12-22-2021, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Whether you see it depends on the water you normally swim in.

The military has traditionally been apolitical. We might have our political positions, but we studiously kept them to ourselves.

I consider any military person whose political position is so strong that he can't keep it to himself, but has to make it public, to be an extremist.
Like Milley.

Old 12-22-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04
Just remember that anyone who disagrees, even slightly, with the one party system that the left is trying to create, is labeled an extremist.

Says the MAGA side.
RIght. Because that's what your side told them.

Old 12-23-2021, 07:26 PM

2,415 posts, read 1,538,987 times
I found a few extremists with military ties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Essex

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...on/4016427001/

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/1036...altylance-cpl/

Old 12-24-2021, 06:26 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,110,504 times
My, there are apparently extremists in the military’s past that have supported all types of causes. I’m sure one support E.L.F. (Earth liberation front) back in the 90’s that torched buildings and ski lodges.

The military should be trying to remove antifa and kkk members. It’s possible the recent 100 “discovered” military (out of million +) had both represented.

But what is not said is as important as what is said. Diplomacy 101.

When gen Milley was at a house meeting, he wasn’t even asked a question by a Congressman and interjected was wokeness by saying he didn’t know about white rage (or white guilt) and he was reading certain books. What he didn’t say was he is “EQUALLY CONCERNED” about military members being in antifa or blm or even gangs.

This absence speaks volumes when Milley could have vaulted his appearance to be apolitical.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...ite/ar-AALmRg1

Old 12-26-2021, 04:23 AM

6,167 posts, read 3,388,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
My, there are apparently extremists in the military’s past that have supported all types of causes. I’m sure one support E.L.F. (Earth liberation front) back in the 90’s that torched buildings and ski lodges.

The military should be trying to remove antifa and kkk members. It’s possible the recent 100 “discovered” military (out of million +) had both represented.

But what is not said is as important as what is said. Diplomacy 101.

When gen Milley was at a house meeting, he wasn’t even asked a question by a Congressman and interjected was wokeness by saying he didn’t know about white rage (or white guilt) and he was reading certain books. What he didn’t say was he is “EQUALLY CONCERNED” about military members being in antifa or blm or even gangs.

This absence speaks volumes when Milley could have vaulted his appearance to be apolitical.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...ite/ar-AALmRg1
If he did that, he would’ve been sent packing. The Democrats don’t mess around. You either become woke, or at least give the appearance of being woke, or you will be shown the door. That’s why he felt the need to do what he did, self preservation.

The explosion of overt wokeness in the military since Biden has taken over is permeating at every single level. I know, I see it everyday.

But these dudes are smart. They don’t take it too far, push too fast, it’s like they are stealthily moving the football forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues