Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 04:33 PM

13,273 posts, read 8,395,437 times

Advertisements

I like the net idea. Just spew it over the car. It kills the engine. Locks the person in .
No one is hurt .

Or they can play a loop of ' bad boys bad boys..watcha gonna do when we come for you'.

My son and I still say the banana peels from Mario Cart may be the answer though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 04:42 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,702,773 times
There are forums devoted to firearms. Google is your friend.

"Missile launchers"!

That'll end well

Old 04-20-2022, 07:44 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,040,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Well, that didn't take long. SMFH...

On a more reasonable POV, I agree with the other poster that mentioned the grappler system. It seems much better to use than weaponry on the police car.
so you support killing black men by the police? I guess that would be one reason to not respond to that outrageous thought about putting missiles on police cars.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:53 PM

12,338 posts, read 8,072,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I was thinking some sort of EMP pulse gun myself.
https://community.element14.com/memb...isable-drivers

Anyways for the OP, I am sure she is pulling our legs.
Or the harpoon from 2 Fast 2 Furious 20 years ago.

Old 04-21-2022, 05:17 AM

15,303 posts, read 7,341,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Where else could I post to get opinions on weapons?

This is about police not soldiers.

I watch too many police programs and this TV series called Body Cam. Today I watched videos where the police are in pursuit. The suspect is armed and driving a stolen vehicle wildly on a high speed chase. The officers cannot get close enough to clip the car or fire at the suspect without them being shot at close range with an AK-47.

Surely police cars could be fitted with twin missile launchers or automatic weapons, locating them under the hood. To use them, the weapons will elevate above the hood. Cops can still keep up with the runner , shoot tires, puncture the gas tank or use deadly force without having to stop and get out of their cars to shoot.

Pros and cons?
What could possibly go wrong? Other than dead innocent bystanders, building damage, other property damage, etc, etc, etc.

Police are paid to take risks, getting shot at is one of them.

Old 04-21-2022, 05:36 AM

11,135 posts, read 5,772,890 times
I commuted in San Francisco for 12 years. Many were the times I wished I had a pair of sidewinders or a Browning .50 cal MG on the hood for all of the aggressive people who cut me off all the time, and maybe some oil to dump from the trunk to take out tailgaters.

My secret and very real fantasy was to mount a paintball gun in the grill with a wire under the dash to activate the trigger. Imagine you get home in your brand new $90,000 white Mercedes or Lexus and there are splotches of purple or lime green paint covering the back of your brand new bragmobile after cutting me off on the bay bridge. It would wash right off, but would give the owner a heck of jolt when they saw it.

It is evil and wrong and I never would have done it, but don't think for a second I didn't check how much room I had under the hood to see if I could have done it if I WANTED to.

I love being in Tennessee. You signal, and somebody nice makes room for you to merge, even in congestion. When you signal in California, it just alerts people to close the gap to make sure you can never change lanes for the next 100 miles. Mean selfish jackwipes. I don't miss driving in California one little bit. What a bunch of jerks big city stress makes out of people.

Old 04-21-2022, 09:07 AM

8,875 posts, read 13,874,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
so you support killing black men by the police? I guess that would be one reason to not respond to that outrageous thought about putting missiles on police cars.
Just stop... You don't need to double down on your derisible comment.

Old 04-21-2022, 09:42 AM

9,453 posts, read 9,745,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Only a warped liberal mind would ask this type of question. I guess we found that person.

Old 04-21-2022, 10:57 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,360,487 times
No I am not pulling your legs and no I don't watch James Bond movies. I am just someone who doesn't know anything about military or police (I'm not American) and have a hard time with our bravest people who go into harm's way minute by minute and then get criticized for it. I have seen some videos showing people resisting arrest, refusing to obey commands, and then their families cry out it shouldn't have happened. I don't have my head under the sand. I know there are bad cops and bad commanders and bad bosses.

I mentioned missiles. Heck, I am not talking about mortar rounds, or cruise missiles! But I see by the pros and cons you all put forth makes a lot of sense and I am satisfied that my question has been answered by people in the know. You will all get a rep.

Old 04-21-2022, 11:10 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,360,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Let me guess. You are a fan of James Bond movies.

I can imagine the lawsuits. "Your honor, there were 2 toddlers in car seats in the back of the car that the police blew into oblivion. We are seeking damages of $50 million. Per child."

How about the Grapple system shown in link below just gets put into widespread circulation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mytpTEbL0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRhIsMUZ7Nc

Very cool, but looks hokey. I suppose my idea is a lot "hokier". lol From what I have seen, police don't generally get close enough. It's not okay when the criminals are shooting.

Need something like a long range taser-style item that will fry the electric and computer system and give the driver a zap too. Oh, no. I am thinking again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues