Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2022, 11:20 AM

5,243 posts, read 6,167,545 times

Advertisements

This just popped up in my news feed.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...ent-age-to-41/

Old 11-09-2022, 09:00 AM

9,430 posts, read 11,188,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I joined in 97 and seeing how those idiots Milley and Austin are screwing up our beloved military now, I don't blame kids for not wanting to join. Look at the garbage they're pulling on the Spec Ops commands and trying to force them to allow females in and change the PT requirements for tgem. Those two morons have been watching too much TV ...
I'd like to know when Jumbo Milley's last PT test was. OR his weigh-in. OR his taping. That lard bucket would be on the fat man program (that's what it was called when I was in, official name is something else) so fast all his medals would fall off.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:31 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,029,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I'd like to know when Jumbo Milley's last PT test was. OR his weigh-in. OR his taping. That lard bucket would be on the fat man program (that's what it was called when I was in, official name is something else) so fast all his medals would fall off.
Maybe but having been a Physical Fitness Coordinator when it first came out, well, A and B. A: For one large officer, I heard a lot of gripping from the ranks that they were on the program and he was not. B: When the Captain dodged me to schedule his PFT, he told me that I didn't sign his Fitrep.

As far as getting the job, well, a few things. That's what happens to the shi**y little job officer. I got it because no one else would do it and rather, "that's what I was there for". But on the other hand, I was an aerobic dancer and very well suited for the job. Lots of people were faster than me but no one could out distance me. I was the "Sweat is Sexy!" type.

But, then again, what is it people want to see? Toward the end of my ship tour, I was assigned as something of an XO's assistant and came back after morning "Fat Boy" running (in port, got up at 3 or so to run my miles, got to the ship before 0600 to run them at reveille) and shower still sweating out my khakis. I didn't mind that because that was the way my body worked. The XO, however, did not want anyone to see me in that state, denied me attending Quarters, and told me to, essentially, sit down till I cooled down.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:03 AM

9,511 posts, read 9,102,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Members of the service get vaccinations all the time.

You have no proof whatsoever that Covid vaccination is slowing down recruiting. What you likely have is an agenda against vaccination.

Come back here when you have actual proof that vaccination has slowed down recruiting.
Getting Covid vaccinated is a big consideration. Still under emergency use authorization and it’s showing less effectiveness with each variant. We’re now over a year since most got their second shot. Boosters? Nope, but why not DOD? Why not mandate boosters if Covid vaccines are awesome?

Fact is that the 18-24 year old demographic is only fully vaccinated at just over 60%. Every potential recruit knows you must submit to vaccinations and with nearly 40% of all 18-24 years not vaccinated, you just rejected another large swath of applicants.

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/co...chools/2022/05

Still high obesity, high drug use, low test scores, and now throw in less-than-desired vaccination rates.
Anyone who already wanted to get both shots of Covid vaccines can and would have them already if they felt it was necessary or even wanted to get them. But there are very few jobs that still require Covid vaccines.

And then throw in over 20,000 National Guardsmen that are either leaving, booted, or resigning over Covid vaccine mandates. Recruiters couldn’t keep up even without this exodus.

Old 11-11-2022, 03:17 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,342,113 times
Straight from the horse's mouth.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/11/11/veterans-speak-out-on-militarys-woke-culture-and-they-deserve-be-heard-this-veterans-day-1308039/?utm_campaign=bizpac&utm_content=Newsletter&utm_me dium=Newsletter&utm_source=Get%20Response&utm_term =EMAIL

"Military recruitment is the lowest it has been since the draft ended in 1973. The Army is at 40% of its recruitment goal. Military personnel getting kicked out for not taking the jab. Will the draft be reimplemented? I will not allow my children to join the woke armed forces." pic.twitter.com/8RfFNb6O8F

Old 11-11-2022, 05:28 PM

8,499 posts, read 6,911,311 times
Maybe we should get some outside help like an American version of the French Foreign Legion or the British Gurkhas. Lots of lean and mean talent out there in other places in the world.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Straight from the horse's mouth.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/11/11/veterans-speak-out-on-militarys-woke-culture-and-they-deserve-be-heard-this-veterans-day-1308039/?utm_campaign=bizpac&utm_content=Newsletter&utm_me dium=Newsletter&utm_source=Get%20Response&utm_term =EMAIL

"Military recruitment is the lowest it has been since the draft ended in 1973. The Army is at 40% of its recruitment goal. Military personnel getting kicked out for not taking the jab. Will the draft be reimplemented? I will not allow my children to join the woke armed forces." pic.twitter.com/8RfFNb6O8F
The title of the article is veterans need to be heard. In the article it said current military is afraid to speak up for career risk concerns. In the current organization, leadership cannot get enough people to complete the climate surveys. Weeks of delays later, still at 30%. Nobody is risking their career (military, civilians or contractors) to tell senior leadership the woke training, extended telework, reduced standards, and reduced accountability is a detriment to the organization/military.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:48 PM

28,685 posts, read 18,825,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The title of the article is veterans need to be heard. In the article it said current military is afraid to speak up for career risk concerns. In the current organization, leadership cannot get enough people to complete the climate surveys. Weeks of delays later, still at 30%. Nobody is risking their career (military, civilians or contractors) to tell senior leadership the woke training, extended telework, reduced standards, and reduced accountability is a detriment to the organization/military.
When I enlisted into the Air Force, the service was just a few years into the Weighted Airman Promotion System that weighted more promotion emphasis on standardized tests (which airmen could control) rather than the personal opinions of First Sergeants and commanders.

Now, the Air Force is abandoning WAPS and going back to depending on the personal opinions of First Sergeants and commanders for promotions.

Brown-nosing will become the way of the system again.

Old 11-12-2022, 10:55 AM

Default One example

Whether it works or not, it’s too early to tell. Navy is trying out 41 year old recruits vs previous max of 36.
https://news.usni.org/2022/11/09/nav...ge-for-sailors

When the services say “changing demographics “, they are now searching for a new demographic.
Honestly, going to basic at 41 or 42 would be brutal unless things have changed. Then followed up with some Airborne school?

Old 11-12-2022, 11:52 AM

28,685 posts, read 18,825,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Whether it works or not, it’s too early to tell. Navy is trying out 41 year old recruits vs previous max of 36.
https://news.usni.org/2022/11/09/nav...ge-for-sailors

When the services say “changing demographics “, they are now searching for a new demographic.
Honestly, going to basic at 41 or 42 would be brutal unless things have changed. Then followed up with some Airborne school?
Only the Air Force or the Navy could do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.