Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2023, 11:35 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,042,164 times

Advertisements

[quote=m1a1mg;64985493]Someone said they were amazed of thousands dying in Iraq and Afghanistan but it takes 13 Marines for the Republicans to lose their heads. I am not quoting because if this thread is edited for the off topic posts, then my post could buy it.

Well, you know the old saying. "The death of one man is a tragedy but the death of millions is a statistic." It is an unfortunate aspect of human existence.

Last night, I was watching a "A Touch of Frost" "Hidden Truth" and one aspect of the story was comraderie of the police under Frost. In the story, a policewoman on witness protection is gunned down and there is so much tied into, "she's one of ours".

I've been there with troops. We were holding an ASF drill on the east coast and the memory of a Marine who had died on the west coast after being left behind in the desert was very strong to us then. I put out, repeatedly, orders that no one leaves until a full muster is taken and I release the troops.

In another situation, back in the late Cold War mind you, one of my troops was HIV positive and the story around the base that if they went down, no one would respond (back in the reign of Bush I). I resolved myself that if such a situation happen, I would......because what kind of officer would I be not to go to the assistance of one of my people in need?

I can't say that the political leadership has the boots on the ground best interest at heart for we know that just isn't true and, alas, probably a lot of the country's population is like that. Further, of course, I know that the opposite is not true with all unit leaders BUT if we do not strive to take care of those under us or inspire those in such positions to do so, is there any hope for us at all regardless of who is in office?

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 03-10-2023 at 11:43 AM..

Old 03-10-2023, 12:45 PM

5,727 posts, read 4,715,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
You are so transparent, just carrying water for your preferred party. It’s all Bush and Trump’s fault, while Biden and Obama shouldn’t take any blame at all, right?
I didn't say that, did I? Bush is #1 in the blame game. Bar none. Obama, Trump, and Biden are all footnotes in comparison.

Quote:
I'm sure you think the 13 dead Marines are nothing more than a nuisance. How dare they have the audacity to die and mess up Biden’s evacuation/surrender, right?
It takes a real keyboard warrior to make a comment like that. I would request a retraction if I thought you were a decent enough human being.

2,402 American Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines died in Afghanistan. 22 Navy Seals died on August 6, 2011. Where we the hearings about that. The 13 Marines are no more important than any other military member that made the ultimate sacrifice for that mess. But they are no more important. They are being used to raise political hay for one party. And I find that, and your use, despicable.

Quote:
I find both sides culpable, and since the evacuation/surrender was ordered by Biden, it’s on him most of all.
Funny, because since it happened, you've blamed Biden in full.

Old 03-10-2023, 05:23 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,106,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I didn't say that, did I? Bush is #1 in the blame game. Bar none. Obama, Trump, and Biden are all footnotes in comparison.

It takes a real keyboard warrior to make a comment like that. I would request a retraction if I thought you were a decent enough human being.

2,402 American Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines died in Afghanistan. 22 Navy Seals died on August 6, 2011. Where we the hearings about that. The 13 Marines are no more important than any other military member that made the ultimate sacrifice for that mess. But they are no more important. They are being used to raise political hay for one party. And I find that, and your use, despicable.

Funny, because since it happened, you've blamed Biden in full.
Please spare us your indignation on the back and forth on Afghanistan. There is no middle ground, either you’re pro Biden or you’re not. Surely you did not support hearings for Benghazi so is it really about who died and their service?

The purpose of THIS thread was to discuss why recruiting is a dismal failure, possibly because the current president isn’t exuding confidence to the military.

Old 03-10-2023, 05:50 PM

Default Back to the topic of recruiting….

The head of Air Force recruiting has said Gen Z is not patriotic in providing reasons his Air Force recruiting marks are too low.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ting-says.html

That’s the way to succeed, by insulting the potential recruiting base.

Old 03-10-2023, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The head of Air Force recruiting has said Gen Z is not patriotic in providing reasons his Air Force recruiting marks are too low.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ting-says.html

Perhaps not but then again, he is not running for office but telling the government what the problem is......and quite frankly, that's what I expect out of a military report.

Old 03-11-2023, 06:34 AM

5,727 posts, read 4,715,104 times
Quote:
Succeed by telling the truth? I’m going to go out on a limb here and say this. The head of AF recruiting knows more about the actual issues they are facing than SGOTI.

Old 03-11-2023, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Perhaps not but then again, he is not running for office but telling the government what the problem is......and quite frankly, that's what I expect out of a military report.
Sure he’s accurate. But why not focus on the positives, especially when providing public comments? Most generals develop talking points and focus on the positives, especially when the comments will be public and to help advocate joining the Air Force.

Speaking of honesty, how well did being honest help General McChrystal?

Old 03-11-2023, 07:17 AM

Quote:
sure he’s accurate. But why not focus on the positives, especially when providing public comments? Most generals develop talking points and focus on the positives, especially when the comments will be public and to help advocate joining the air force.

Speaking of honesty, how well did being honest help general mcchrystal?
because you don't lie when your government asks you questions......that's why you are honest!

Old 03-11-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
because you don't lie when your government asks you questions......that's why you are honest!
Nobody said lie. And the questions were not coming from a congressional hearing.

Old 03-11-2023, 07:32 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times
Quote:
Sure he’s accurate. But why not focus on the positives, especially when providing public comments? Most generals develop talking points and focus on the positives, especially when the comments will be public and to help advocate joining the Air Force.

Speaking of honesty, how well did being honest help General McChrystal?
Now as traditionally, the AF has the least problem with recruiting. This truly is becoming an almost insurmountable problem for all branches of the military. We also need to all hear about it because the current anti-patriotism is a result of the anti-Americanism tenor in the last 15-20 years of public education and culture. What they also need to be saying, but aren’t of course, is that the “the military is full of white racists” talk of recent appointed high ranking military leadership has decimated minority recruiting.

We all need to hear the ugly truth because unless it’s fixed the involuntary draft will be a looming possibility. No one wants that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues