Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-11-2023, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Texas Hill Country
23,652 posts, read 13,978,128 times
Reputation: 18856

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Nobody said lie. And the questions were not coming from a congressional hearing.
This is leaning in the direction of quibbling where one is avoiding the condition of lying.....but they aren't telling the truth, either. As said, the General is not running for office, he is telling things the way they are, he is telling the things that need to change, whether they are pleasant or not (another problem with the current generation of not wanting to hear bad things).



BUT, if the current generation is as such and the past generations play their game and don't state it as it is, is there any hope for the country at all?

 
Old 03-11-2023, 08:37 AM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
5,717 posts, read 4,686,741 times
Reputation: 5163
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
BUT, if the current generation is as such and the past generations play their game and don't state it as it is, is there any hope for the country at all?
The current generation doesn’t seem enthusiastic about working at all. If someone doesn’t want to work a 9-5, it stands to reason they won’t be thrilled about a 24-7-365.
 
Old 03-11-2023, 09:04 AM
 
6,095 posts, read 3,336,497 times
Reputation: 10942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Now as traditionally, the AF has the least problem with recruiting. This truly is becoming an almost insurmountable problem for all branches of the military. We also need to all hear about it because the current anti-patriotism is a result of the anti-Americanism tenor in the last 15-20 years of public education and culture. What they also need to be saying, but aren’t of course, is that the “the military is full of white racists” talk of recent appointed high ranking military leadership has decimated minority recruiting.


We all need to hear the ugly truth because unless it’s fixed the involuntary draft will be a looming possibility. No one wants that.
The Trump era met recruiting goals. Biden’s administration has not met theirs. Why?

Because of diversity, equity, and inclusion that are turnoffs for most people.
Because of Covid policy, which has turned out to be almost 100% wrong.
Because of the way they surrendered in Afghanistan.
Also, goading the Russians into attacking Ukraine and then sending hundreds of billions of dollars to arm the Ukrainians while many bases (just to name one, Fort Bragg) deteriorate due to poor infrastructure, definitely doesn’t help recruiting. Join the Army, live in condemned barracks!

The only way to fix this problem is to get rid of the current leadership and change policy. That’s the only way.
 
Old 03-11-2023, 09:41 AM
 
Location: A coal patch in Pennsyltucky
10,379 posts, read 10,657,056 times
Reputation: 12705
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
The Trump era met recruiting goals. Biden’s administration has not met theirs. Why?

Because of diversity, equity, and inclusion that are turnoffs for most people.
Because of Covid policy, which has turned out to be almost 100% wrong.
Because of the way they surrendered in Afghanistan.
Also, goading the Russians into attacking Ukraine and then sending hundreds of billions of dollars to arm the Ukrainians while many bases (just to name one, Fort Bragg) deteriorate due to poor infrastructure, definitely doesn’t help recruiting. Join the Army, live in condemned barracks!

The only way to fix this problem is to get rid of the current leadership and change policy. That’s the only way.
Meeting military recruiting goals is mostly due to economics. When people graduating from high school can easily get jobs, why would they enlist in the military where they will make less money.

Potential military recruits are not thinking about any of the things listed above. When is the last time you talked to a high school senior who is considering enlisting in the military?
 
Old 03-11-2023, 10:07 AM
 
28,665 posts, read 18,775,862 times
Reputation: 30944
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Meeting military recruiting goals is mostly due to economics. When people graduating from high school can easily get jobs, why would they enlist in the military where they will make less money.

Potential military recruits are not thinking about any of the things listed above. When is the last time you talked to a high school senior who is considering enlisting in the military?
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
The current generation doesn’t seem enthusiastic about working at all. If someone doesn’t want to work a 9-5, it stands to reason they won’t be thrilled about a 24-7-365.
These. They're resisting jobs that require firm commitment and certainly any that require personal sacrifice.
 
Old 03-11-2023, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Atlanta Metro
561 posts, read 337,295 times
Reputation: 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Meeting military recruiting goals is mostly due to economics. When people graduating from high school can easily get jobs, why would they enlist in the military where they will make less money.

Potential military recruits are not thinking about any of the things listed above. When is the last time you talked to a high school senior who is considering enlisting in the military?
Well stated. This woke garbage is just the political word of the day to score cheap political points. I teach in high school and engage with potential enlistees and officers (ROTC/academy types) along with recruiters monthly, almost weekly during this time of the year. The state of military culture is not whats hampering recruitment. The most frequent issue I see are potential recruits not being able to meet requirements. The pool of potential recruits is smaller due to opportunities in the job market or desires to go into higher education. The military is just a foreign concept to many of them and serving just doesn't find its way onto their list of post high school options. I've had 1 person in three years mention politics or policies in their decision, and his parents were anti-vaxxers and far right so it was of no surprise.
 
Old 03-11-2023, 12:02 PM
 
Location: U.S.
9,510 posts, read 9,082,602 times
Reputation: 5927
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Meeting military recruiting goals is mostly due to economics. When people graduating from high school can easily get jobs, why would they enlist in the military where they will make less money.

Potential military recruits are not thinking about any of the things listed above. When is the last time you talked to a high school senior who is considering enlisting in the military?
This comment actually validates the recruiting during Trump presidency. The economy was on fire yet recruiting wasn’t in the tank. What? How the? So great economy = low recruitment.

The issue today is poor economy AND poor recruitment.

Recruiting just doesn’t fall off the rails in a year or two. So we’ll just keep looking around for some clear answers on why recruiting has plummeted.
 
Old 03-11-2023, 12:10 PM
 
6,095 posts, read 3,336,497 times
Reputation: 10942
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
This comment actually validates the recruiting during Trump presidency. The economy was on fire yet recruiting wasn’t in the tank. What? How the? So great economy = low recruitment.

The issue today is poor economy AND poor recruitment.

Recruiting just doesn’t fall off the rails in a year or two. So we’ll just keep looking around for some clear answers on why recruiting has plummeted.
They know exactly what the real answers are, but it looks bad for the side they root for, so they play stupid and continue to float ridiculous reasons. Of course, those ridiculous reasons have all been verified by their left wing media echo chamber, so they can’t possibly understand why someone wouldn’t agree with them. Pathetic.
 
Old 03-11-2023, 01:03 PM
 
565 posts, read 471,177 times
Reputation: 1332
I remember a vague reference from decades ago: "if Southerners stop enlisting, the US ground combat forces will collapse". Have they found away to replace Southerners?
 
Old 03-11-2023, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Texas Hill Country
23,652 posts, read 13,978,128 times
Reputation: 18856
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsheamountain View Post
I remember a vague reference from decades ago: "if Southerners stop enlisting, the US ground combat forces will collapse". Have they found away to replace Southerners?
Probably not......nothing equals a Texas Aggie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top