Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2023, 02:27 AM

27,246 posts, read 13,534,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
"Force multiplier" has been a DoD mantra for 40 or 50 years.
The technology available today can be used to cut numbers needed in logistics and supply or even in areas such as artillery, with more unmanned technology than ever before and there is a vast difference between the mantra and technology of the Cold War and the military forces of today.

Old 04-05-2023, 07:48 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,110,504 times
Default Covid and weight gain affect military readiness and recruitment

This liberal based news outlet explains the military’s problem with obesity and its Covid. Now post Covid, the military is getting back into shape but the youth of America is still out of shape thus many are unable to join.
The article doesn’t even hint at a troubling economy or low unemployment.

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/us-ar...esity/43501050

Another article said the military just needs more JROTC programs. If only there were studies and research that explained the recruitment challenges on why the lack of interest in the military. What’s changed?

Old 04-05-2023, 08:42 PM

636 posts, read 329,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
This liberal based news outlet explains the military’s problem with obesity and its Covid. Now post Covid, the military is getting back into shape but the youth of America is still out of shape thus many are unable to join.
The article doesn’t even hint at a troubling economy or low unemployment.

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/us-ar...esity/43501050

Another article said the military just needs more JROTC programs. If only there were studies and research that explained the recruitment challenges on why the lack of interest in the military. What’s changed?
Why would the article need to talk about the economy or obese teenagers? It isn't about recruiting troubles; it is specifically about how many soldiers let themselves get out of shape during the pandemic. It doesn't need to mention anything about recruiting because it isn't about recruiting, and the recruiting issues aren't related to soldiers packing on pounds during the pandemic. The same story just ran on Military Times and Stars & Stripes; I read it on MilTimes two days ago I think.

Old 04-06-2023, 07:27 AM

14,428 posts, read 14,352,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
You’re trying to create an illusion that recruiting is just fine, because it’s easier to bash the publication than the facts. You’ve replied now in a couple posts that the recruiting problem is the economy, and when the economy is good, recurring falls. Guess banks failing is an indicator of a good economy. You can shoot the messenger but not the facts.
We've seen a couple of bank failures. That hardly negates an economy that is creating so many jobs that the unemployment rate is only about 3.5%. Things may change, but the military doesn't look good to many young people when they can earn $18 an hour working at Amazon. Higher salaries and benefits would make a difference for the military just like they do for other occupations. That would improve recruiting.

I get it Johnson. You have constructed this narrative for yourself that goes something like this:

1. Liberals bad.
2. Liberals support "Woke", vaccination, and every other evil thing you can imagine.
3. Recruiting is not going well for the military.
4. Therefore, the liberals and policies that you regard as liberal policies have to be responsible for this.

I won't convince you that your narrative is false. Nor, will the other people here disputing the conclusions of the Heritage Foundation Report because you had reached these same conclusions before you read the report. Its called "confirmation bias". Its what you wanted to hear right?

Frankly, you ought to be embarrassed thinking you could prove this all with a report from the Heritage Foundation. This doesn't even come close. I'd be far more interested in a report or study that was done by the military or at their behest. That would have the appearance of objectivity.

Old 04-06-2023, 08:56 AM

5,732 posts, read 4,717,442 times
The military has a report. These guys don’t like that version.

Old 04-07-2023, 11:24 AM

9,448 posts, read 11,204,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I joined in 97 and seeing how those idiots Milley and Austin are screwing up our beloved military now, I don't blame kids for not wanting to join. Look at the garbage they're pulling on the Spec Ops commands and trying to force them to allow females in and change the PT requirements for tgem. Those two morons have been watching too much TV ...
I would boot silly milly out on the basis of lardass over the limit by 50%. Austin's not quite as fat.
I don't imagine either has been taped in decades, nor taken a PT Test for that matter. Both of which they'd obviously flunk with flying colors.

And silly promises to tell the bad guys if the CinC is planning anything? We live in an insane world.

But on the surface and deep down too, these two Bozos deserve no place anywhere near the top of the chain, or anywhere else in a self-respecting military for that matter.

Old 04-07-2023, 11:26 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,110,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I would boot silly milly out on the basis of lardass over the limit by 50%. Austin's not quite as fat.
I don't imagine either has been taped in decades, nor taken a PT Test for that matter. Both of which they'd obviously flunk with flying colors.

And silly promises to tell the bad guys if the CinC is planning anything? We live in an insane world.

But on the surface and deep down too, these two Bozos deserve no place anywhere near the top of the chain, or anywhere else in a self-respecting military for that matter.
Can’t rep you enough on this perspective. Public recognition is appropriate.

Old 04-08-2023, 04:04 AM

5,732 posts, read 4,717,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Milley is just a representation of the man who appointed him.

Old 04-08-2023, 09:49 AM

6,167 posts, read 3,388,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Milley is just a representation of the man who appointed him.
When there isn’t a General available who even remotely aligns with your ideology, because the Obama administration purged them all, choosing Milley to be the CJCS isn’t really much of a choice.

But you have to have someone fill the role, so you do the best you can.

If Milley was a guy who aligned with Trump, he certainly would’ve been replaced in Jan 2021. But since Biden is obviously very happy with Milley’s CRT ideology, he’s been allowed to stay.

Anyway, why are you being disingenuous and implying that Milley is Trump’s “guy”?

Surely you are smart enough to understand the nuances at play here, right?

Old 04-08-2023, 11:36 AM

562 posts, read 342,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
When there isn’t a General available who even remotely aligns with your ideology,

Sounds like you and Trump have a gross misunderstanding of the roles of senior leadership in the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues