Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2023, 03:55 AM

5,719 posts, read 4,696,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
It’s sarcasm. Same thing when one of the liberals posts on here and his friend says “can’t rep you enough”. Shamelessly plugging some left wing belief to keep this thread alive with spirit.

Glad you picked up on “technique”. It was copied.
Hahaha. I’ve voted Republican my entire life. It’s funny how the very far right wants to brand everyone not as far out as them as liberals.

Old 04-18-2023, 10:46 AM

14,251 posts, read 14,750,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Hahaha. I’ve voted Republican my entire life. It’s funny how the very far right wants to brand everyone not as far out as them as liberals.
Both extremes do it.

Old 04-20-2023, 08:20 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,460,552 times
Last summer during a neighboring city festival type event (inner ring suburb) I had chance to talk with the local regional recruiter who was manning a table. Had great conversation and when I got to topic of recruiting one thing he pointed out was the reception he and colleagues received from different schools.

He mentioned they used to get accepted well and allowed space easily in cafeterias - as I remember from my H.S. days. Interestingly, some have begun to shun them altogether. Not sure if this is impacting to large swath of potential youth who may be candidates and is only ad hoc feedback. He did say he met his recruiting targets but has a large area and focuses on those school systems that are more amenable to the military recruiters presence and allow them to speak to groups.

As for administrations being a primary mover I don't think most 18-25 y/o pay much attention to the overall politics, but rather what they think they could get out of being in service. Maybe 10-20 percent of potential recruits are put off, but I don't think that many care if they can get training or education in a field that think would benefit them. Perhaps those thinking long term service have a different view versus short term?

Marketing efforts aside, I think once they realize they will undergo and live a regimented / disciplined daily life, I think the slacker mentality gets many to look at other options ... besides them being precluded by overwhelming sedentary unhealthy diet/lifestyles rendering them not fit.

Old 04-20-2023, 10:12 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
As for administrations being a primary mover I don't think most 18-25 y/o pay much attention to the overall politics, but rather what they think they could get out of being in service. Maybe 10-20 percent of potential recruits are put off, but I don't think that many care if they can get training or education in a field that think would benefit them. Perhaps those thinking long term service have a different view versus short term?
Those thinking long term service would know that they're going to serve under a number of different administrations. I served under six different presidents myself.

Old 04-24-2023, 03:00 AM

6,125 posts, read 3,351,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Those thinking long term service would know that they're going to serve under a number of different administrations. I served under six different presidents myself.
Just curious, but when you served, did the US Army have a recruiting advertisement of a soldier with two moms? Because that’s the kind of nonsense that goes on today, so it’s more than just who the president is and I’m sure you are fully aware of that.

People understand that this current administration strongly supports these social justice programs and it’s a huge turn off for many people. Just ask Bud Light about how important branding is. Many young people who would normally join the military are rejecting this current administration. Not only just because of Biden, but because of the policies.

We need to rebrand the military back to what it used to be. Many other nations who recruit (outside of woke Europe and the US), show serious men resolute and ready to do violence on behalf of their nation.

If you want serious men who are capable of violence on behalf of the nation, do you attract them with woke nonsense, or do you go back to what has worked in the past?

Weak leadership and nonsensical policies need to change, and if it doesn’t, it’s only going to get worse.

Old 04-24-2023, 07:30 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Just curious, but when you served, did the US Army have a recruiting advertisement of a soldier with two moms? Because that’s the kind of nonsense that goes on today, so it’s more than just who the president is and I’m sure you are fully aware of that.

People understand that this current administration strongly supports these social justice programs and it’s a huge turn off for many people. Just ask Bud Light about how important branding is. Many young people who would normally join the military are rejecting this current administration. Not only just because of Biden, but because of the policies.

We need to rebrand the military back to what it used to be. Many other nations who recruit (outside of woke Europe and the US), show serious men resolute and ready to do violence on behalf of their nation.

If you want serious men who are capable of violence on behalf of the nation, do you attract them with woke nonsense, or do you go back to what has worked in the past?

Weak leadership and nonsensical policies need to change, and if it doesn’t, it’s only going to get worse.
This kind of thinking is what you get when you live your life in an echo chamber, and don't get any information from the outside world. I don't agree with Biden's support of the proposed change to Title IX, which would make it illegal for schools to broadly ban transgender students from sports teams that align with their gender identity, rather than their assigned sex at birth. But I'm not so close-minded that I think this type of policy is impacting military recruitment.

Old 04-24-2023, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
This kind of thinking is what you get when you live your life in an echo chamber, and don't get any information from the outside world. I don't agree with Biden's support of the proposed change to Title IX, which would make it illegal for schools to broadly ban transgender students from sports teams that align with their gender identity, rather than their assigned sex at birth. But I'm not so close-minded that I think this type of policy is impacting military recruitment.
Rejecting the idea that the recruiting failures are anything other than the direct result of the current administration’s poor leadership and poor policy decisions is proof that you reside in an echo chamber.

Again, here are the facts: The last administration met recruiting goals and the current administration has not met those goals. Period, end of discussion. Many Conservative leaning families want nothing to do with this current nonsense, and progressive leaning families, who do support this administration, normally don’t produce family members who even want to serve in the first place.

There is only one fix to this problem, and you and every other liberal (or uniparty establishment member) who has stumbled onto this thread are fully aware of how it will get fixed. You just don’t want to admit it.

Old 04-24-2023, 10:17 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Switched goalposts, didn't you?

The point is, "this administration" is only "this administration," and my comment was about soldiers serving long-term.

Old 04-24-2023, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Switched goalposts, didn't you?

The point is, "this administration" is only "this administration," and my comment was about soldiers serving long-term.
Soldiers serving long term? How can they get to long term when they refuse to even start under this administration?

Not following what you meant by switched goalposts. I haven’t wavered one bit in my belief that this administration is at fault for recruiting woes. Many people don’t like the current president, but they could put that feeling aside if the policies weren’t equally as bad.

Old 04-24-2023, 01:00 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,092,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Speaking of removing or cancellation of Title IX, where are transgender service members showering when they are in basic training? Things get tight in basic or boot camp. Based on news stories about transgender athletes showing (or showering) in girls showers, that may not sit well with future recruits. Fair question to ask this current class of recruiters. There may be some daughters that don’t want to shower with biological boys in high school or in military and say no thanks and we lose another recruit to woke culture.

And then Biden press secretary parrots …”But nobody is turned off on woke politics, it’s just conspiracy theory”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues