Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2023, 12:56 PM

1,891 posts, read 3,450,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Yeah they are. Some of them are saying they are being indicted for the country because he is being politically pursecuted. This has been the cry of many authoritarian governments like Nazi Germany and Facist Italy. It is made worse because there are people that are being enthralled by that person to follow the lies he is spewing.
The lie is our fascist federal government and its illegitimate existence.

Old 09-04-2023, 02:30 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Yeah they are. Some of them are saying they are being indicted for the country because he is being politically pursecuted. This has been the cry of many authoritarian governments like Nazi Germany and Facist Italy. It is made worse because there are people that are being enthralled by that person to follow the lies he is spewing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
The lie is our fascist federal government and its illegitimate existence.
A lot of people don't know what "fascist" actually means. But if you read the documents written by the fascists themselves to describe their movement, they give you a vital clue:

A true fascist government will always have a single Fuhrer, an Il Duche, a "Dear Leader" with unassailable power. A government by committee might be one of several kinds of totalitarian governments, but it's not a fascist government as the fascists described themselves.

When you see the populace being enthralled by a single person...you're looking at the possibility of fascism.

Old 09-05-2023, 04:02 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
I would not serve in the current conflicts, nor would I want my kids to serve now. Going to Iran or Afghanistan is not dying for your country. Neither was Vietnam. There is no enemy crossing our border under a flag of war. What we need is an international, global mercenary force, made up of highly paid volunteers, under the direct command of the United Nations or any other ad hoc command structure that will police hot spots and root out dictators and crooks posing as politicians. Every conflict in the world could be stopped by a well-trained and equipped World Police. Getting every country to buy off on a Declaration of Civility, a written codicil of behavior for world leaders and rebel groups could end political and monetary violence around the globe. Some African strongman getting frisky? Send in a division of World Police, capture or kill the bad guy, the citizens are free to lead their lives in peace. Now that I think of it, that might make a good novel, then a movie. I'd better get busy!
The last time there was an enemy crossing our border under a flag of war was the War of 1812. I guess that means you wouldn't have served in WWII.

If you think an international, global mercenary force, made up of highly paid volunteers would solve anything, you have no comprehension of modern warfare. I suggest you review what happened in Srebrenica to Bosnian Muslim men and boys by Serbs while UN peacekeepers were unable to protect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I think it’s very clear what the problem is. If you look at demographics of the force, it breaks down like this:

White people:

USAF 71%
USN 62%
USA 54%
USMC 52%

So it’s still very clear that white people make up the majority of the force. Yet, this current administration has decided to demonize white people. Actually, we know the reason, and it’s for political gain. Unfortunately, the gains in politics come at a cost, which is many white people not wanting to serve a country who has decided that they are the problem.

The fix is very easy. Stop demonizing white people. Stop any form of wokeness, DEI, or CRT, or whatever buzz word has become fashionable. The recruitment numbers will go up.
I'm white and have never been demonized, and I don't know any white people who have been demonized.

Old 09-05-2023, 04:27 PM

37,469 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
... I'm white and have never been demonized, and I don't know any white people who have been demonized.
If you have not seen it, you are fortunate.

I have been volunteering my time for a local non-profit charity. They recently jumped both feet into DEI and ESG stuff, and required that all volunteers be 're-educated'.

It is very insulting, and I could see where 'demonizing' could be used as the proper term for it.

As a white person, you and/or your ancestors are directly responsible for every time any non-white person has ever stubbed their toe. You are guilty, you should pay, and you should apologize.

Even if your ancestors came from a culture where your ancestors were slaves, you are personally responsible for slavery in America.

Old 09-05-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
If you have not seen it, you are fortunate.

I have been volunteering my time for a local non-profit charity. They recently jumped both feet into DEI and ESG stuff, and required that all volunteers be 're-educated'.

It is very insulting, and I could see where 'demonizing' could be used as the proper term for it.

As a white person, you and/or your ancestors are directly responsible for every time any non-white person has ever stubbed their toe. You are guilty, you should pay, and you should apologize.

Even if your ancestors came from a culture where your ancestors were slaves, you are personally responsible for slavery in America.
I'm a black guy, and I consider DEI a problem everywhere it appears. I didn't realize how deep the problem ran until I read about an Air Force wing that had a DEI office with a larger staff than base Services. And seriously...looking at the Air Force Chief of Staff and Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force...they need DEI?

Old 09-05-2023, 06:22 PM

37,469 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm a black guy, and I consider DEI a problem everywhere it appears. I didn't realize how deep the problem ran until I read about an Air Force wing that had a DEI office with a larger staff than base Services. And seriously...looking at the Air Force Chief of Staff and Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force...they need DEI?
Any organization who thinks they 'need' DEI, is pushing a political agenda.

I have sat through two workshops intended to re-educate me.

One was not bad, it was focused on the plight of a local Native tribe and what colonialists have done to them. It was informative. Though admittedly it was put together from within a group-think mindset.

The second workshop that I sat through was very insulting. I would argue that very little of it had any connection to any shared reality on Earth. Some of their falsehoods were specifically about my own life and what actions I have taken. However there is no method available for feedback, they made it very obvious that they do not want any feedback from White men. Something else I noticed was that among the 100-ish attendees, I was the only older white man in attendance. Most attendees were 20-something to 30-something females, and they appeared to love every minute of the workshop.

My grandparents & parents were migratory farm-workers, after having been displaced from their farms in the Depression via FDR's banking holiday. I grew up working on a farm and share-cropping farmland. The second workshop was insistent that no White man has ever sharecropped, nor has ever been a migrant farm worker.

They also push the idea that Blacks invented child-birth and for a female other than Black to get pregnant, such a female had to first steal the idea from Blacks. This is an idea crafted from within their group-think that I suspect is a good indication that they have lost connection to reality.

If anyone wants the names of these workshops, message me and I will gladly load you up with that data.

Old 09-05-2023, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Any organization who thinks they 'need' DEI, is pushing a political agenda.

I have sat through two workshops intended to re-educate me.
DEI is an amalgam of CRT, Radical Feminism (capitalized because Radical Feminism is a specific ideology) that has been made into a specific instrument of practice. Both CRT and Radical Feminism rest on rhetorical dialectics invented by Karl Marx. They are not Marxism per se, because Marxism is an economic theory, and these are not economic theories. But they use Marx's rhetoric to push their agendas. This becomes apparent when you read their seminal writings and have also read Marx.

Most salient is the concept that oppression is the product of a particular set of people, and that oppression is endemic, natural, and even genetic to that set of people. That set of people ultimately cannot be entreated or compromised with, and ultimately cannot be tolerated...they must be eliminated or suppressed to complete social irrelevance.

With Marx it was the economic elite, the capitalists. For CRT it's white people. For Radical Feminists it's men. Again, the point I'm making is that the group they mark as oppressors, in their ideologies, cannot be entreated or compromised with, and ultimately cannot be tolerated...they must be eliminated or suppressed to complete social irrelevance. Equality is not their goal; their goal is elimination if possible, suppression as a second choice.

Quote:
They also push the idea that Blacks invented child-birth and for a female other than Black to get pregnant, such a female had to first steal the idea from Blacks. This is an idea crafted from within their group-think that I suspect is a good indication that they have lost connection to reality.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Old 09-05-2023, 07:54 PM

6,589 posts, read 7,093,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
DEI is an amalgam of CRT, Radical Feminism (capitalized because Radical Feminism is a specific ideology) that has been made into a specific instrument of practice. Both CRT and Radical Feminism rest on rhetorical dialectics invented by Karl Marx. They are not Marxism per se, because Marxism is an economic theory, and these are not economic theories. But they use Marx's rhetoric to push their agendas. This becomes apparent when you read their seminal writings and have also read Marx.

Most salient is the concept that oppression is the product of a particular set of people, and that oppression is endemic, natural, and even genetic to that set of people. That set of people ultimately cannot be entreated or compromised with, and ultimately cannot be tolerated...they must be eliminated or suppressed to complete social irrelevance.

With Marx it was the economic elite, the capitalists. For CRT it's white people. For Radical Feminists it's men. Again, the point I'm making is that the group they mark as oppressors, in their ideologies, cannot be entreated or compromised with, and ultimately cannot be tolerated...they must be eliminated or suppressed to complete social irrelevance. Equality is not their goal; their goal is elimination if possible, suppression as a second choice.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Honestly all of those terms are a bunch of dog whistles used to gin up emotions with percieved slights because of this that and the other thing. Just saying I call it all BS.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Honestly all of those terms are a bunch of dog whistles used to gin up emotions with percieved slights because of this that and the other thing. Just saying I call it all BS.
I'm going to say again: This becomes apparent when you read their seminal writings and have also read Marx.

I'm a liberal black man, been voting Democrat all my life. Walked in Civil Rights Marches in the early 60s. I was a teenager before I ever met a white person or knew the name of one.

But I've also had military intelligence training, and I've read Marx...and then I've read Betty Friedan, Rose Hooks, and Derrick Bell, and Kimberlé Crenshaw. If you have read all those people, then you and I can have further discussion about them.

You can call that "dog whistling," but that in itself is a dog whistle.

Old 09-06-2023, 11:25 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,092,438 times
Quote:
You reply with a single sentence on multiple paragraphs just to say bs with nothing to counter-discuss. What’s the point of even posting then?

From the narrative that Ukraine “ is going really well”, to “Trump was horrible”, to “there is no such thing as DEI training”, you’re setting yourself up as Baghdad Bob. Why push the rope uphill so hard on protecting the administration? Are you a fed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.