Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2023, 05:05 PM

6,589 posts, read 7,102,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
You reply with a single sentence on multiple paragraphs just to say bs with nothing to counter-discuss. What’s the point of even posting then?

From the narrative that Ukraine “ is going really well”, to “Trump was horrible”, to “there is no such thing as DEI training”, you’re setting yourself up as Baghdad Bob. Why push the rope uphill so hard on protecting the administration? Are you a fed?
And if I was, are you involved in a conspiracy?

Old 09-07-2023, 05:47 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,108,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
And if I was, are you involved in a conspiracy?
It’s been fun bantering on the issues.

Old 09-07-2023, 11:39 AM

6,589 posts, read 7,102,503 times
Quote:
It’s been fun bantering on the issues.
I agree. Honestly I do enjoy the conversation. It is how all of us learn. If we cannot express ourselves enough to make sense then it all becomes babbel. I do not think though that our banter back and forth will result in something bad happening. In fact I think it will help the situations we are all experiencing.

I did that to let you know I can reply with more than just a quip. But the quips have come from everyone in the thread.

Old 09-07-2023, 03:58 PM

14,426 posts, read 14,348,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Any organization who thinks they 'need' DEI, is pushing a political agenda.

I have sat through two workshops intended to re-educate me.

One was not bad, it was focused on the plight of a local Native tribe and what colonialists have done to them. It was informative. Though admittedly it was put together from within a group-think mindset.

The second workshop that I sat through was very insulting. I would argue that very little of it had any connection to any shared reality on Earth. Some of their falsehoods were specifically about my own life and what actions I have taken. However there is no method available for feedback, they made it very obvious that they do not want any feedback from White men. Something else I noticed was that among the 100-ish attendees, I was the only older white man in attendance. Most attendees were 20-something to 30-something females, and they appeared to love every minute of the workshop.

My grandparents & parents were migratory farm-workers, after having been displaced from their farms in the Depression via FDR's banking holiday. I grew up working on a farm and share-cropping farmland. The second workshop was insistent that no White man has ever sharecropped, nor has ever been a migrant farm worker.

They also push the idea that Blacks invented child-birth and for a female other than Black to get pregnant, such a female had to first steal the idea from Blacks. This is an idea crafted from within their group-think that I suspect is a good indication that they have lost connection to reality.

If anyone wants the names of these workshops, message me and I will gladly load you up with that data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
DEI is an amalgam of CRT, Radical Feminism (capitalized because Radical Feminism is a specific ideology) that has been made into a specific instrument of practice. Both CRT and Radical Feminism rest on rhetorical dialectics invented by Karl Marx. They are not Marxism per se, because Marxism is an economic theory, and these are not economic theories. But they use Marx's rhetoric to push their agendas. This becomes apparent when you read their seminal writings and have also read Marx.

Most salient is the concept that oppression is the product of a particular set of people, and that oppression is endemic, natural, and even genetic to that set of people. That set of people ultimately cannot be entreated or compromised with, and ultimately cannot be tolerated...they must be eliminated or suppressed to complete social irrelevance.

With Marx it was the economic elite, the capitalists. For CRT it's white people. For Radical Feminists it's men. Again, the point I'm making is that the group they mark as oppressors, in their ideologies, cannot be entreated or compromised with, and ultimately cannot be tolerated...they must be eliminated or suppressed to complete social irrelevance. Equality is not their goal; their goal is elimination if possible, suppression as a second choice.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
I'm a moderate to liberal white man and I truly had no idea what DEI was until I read this string of posts.

I guess I lead a sheltered life. I do not feel that anyone is damning me because I am a white man, accusing me of being a slaver, or any adjective. On the other hand, I do believe there is still something to the concept of "white privilege". You see it when you see high percentages of white guys like me who are loaded and have everything we need and when you don't see that among minorities. IMO, only blind people do not see it.

The only inclination I've ever had that there might be discrimination against white people is that I'm noticing there aren't many white guys here being picked for judgeships (I'm a lawyer). However, I never wanted to be a judge anyway, so it never affected me. I've had too much fun and made too much money being just a lawyer. Maybe it is time to pick more judges who are women or minorities. Its a question that is above my pay grade.

I think racism against minorities is unfortunately alive and well. I see it everyday on CDF and sadly I see it in the conduct of some law enforcement officers against minorities.

Old 09-08-2023, 06:23 AM

27,246 posts, read 13,534,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...icia-rcna35078

Not many people want to serve anymore. Many different reasons, but I feel that it is civilian leadership in DC that is the main problem. They are an absolute embarrassment and what happened in Afghanistan was also an embarrassment. The Generals who have to take a knee to the politicians in power in order to keep their stars aren’t helping either, if we are honest with ourselves. Allowing CRT in the ranks?

Can you blame a young kid for not wanting to serve under that? A big part of the reason why I joined up and served nearly 25 years is because I believed in the ideals of this country. What are the main ideals of the United States in 2022? To spread LGBT across the globe? To enflame Russia by coercing Ukraine into goading them to war?

But if (when) we elect new leaders in DC, I suspect recruiting will get back on track. Of course, NBC and the rest of the media will never tell you any of this. To them, it’s all obesity, drug use, and criminal activity. But recruiting goals have been met as recently as 2020. What’s changed since then? I think we all know the answer.
The best way forward for the US is to better utilise the forces at it's disposal, and to make better use of former trained members of the US Armed forces who can still contribute in a strategic reserve or reinforcement capacity, and the same is true of those who work in support roles for private companies or as civil servants but could form deployable reserve assets.

Whilst greater flexibility in terms of leaving and rejoining, career and study breaks, as well as switching between reserves and regular units might also help increase recruitment.

A concentration on strategic areas in terms of global operations, and a move to a greater response capability as opposed to sheer numbers of overseas bases may also be a sensible move, with more lilly pad type bases or bases with only skeleton manpower that can be used utilised in an emergency rather as opposed to vast over manned overseas facilities.

A move towards more new tech, automation/autonomous vehicles, Ai etc coupled new emerging realms such as cyber and space, will also increasingly change the mix of tomorrows armed forces.

Old 09-08-2023, 09:26 AM

28,690 posts, read 18,842,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I'm a moderate to liberal white man and I truly had no idea what DEI was until I read this string of posts.

I guess I lead a sheltered life. I do not feel that anyone is damning me because I am a white man, accusing me of being a slaver, or any adjective. On the other hand, I do believe there is still something to the concept of "white privilege". You see it when you see high percentages of white guys like me who are loaded and have everything we need and when you don't see that among minorities. IMO, only blind people do not see it.
If you read the seminal documents of CRT, you'll find that they most definitely are damning you for being white, and the seminal documents of Radical Feminism are definitely damning you for being male. And I mean eternal damnation...there is no path to reconciliation or compromise. CRT and Radical Feminism uses, respectively, the same language to handle white people and males, respectively, as Das Kapital does to handle elite capitalists.

I'm an old black man telling you this. I was part of the Civil Rights era. I lived in Jim Crow segregation, I went to segregated swimming pools and schools and movie theaters, I was in the marches, I was in the transition to integration. I know the difference between 1960 and 2000 because I observed both.

And I can see where people today are vigorously implementing measures in schools, industry, and government to execute the policies defined by those CRT and Radical Feminism documents.

They probably don't effect you at this point in your life, but the speed at which they're being implemented across broad areas of society is startling.

And the critical thing to understand is that both ideologies are locked in the past. CRT is locked into the state of racial relations circa 1960, Radical Feminism is locked into the state of gender relations circa 1950, and they both presume nothing has changed since those points, and that nothing can change except by the measures they institute.

Old 09-08-2023, 11:24 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,108,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The best way forward for the US is to better utilise the forces at it's disposal, and to make better use of former trained members of the US Armed forces who can still contribute in a strategic reserve or reinforcement capacity, and the same is true of those who work in support roles for private companies or as civil servants but could form deployable reserve assets.

Whilst greater flexibility in terms of leaving and rejoining, career and study breaks, as well as switching between reserves and regular units might also help increase recruitment.

A concentration on strategic areas in terms of global operations, and a move to a greater response capability as opposed to sheer numbers of overseas bases may also be a sensible move, with more lilly pad type bases or bases with only skeleton manpower that can be used utilised in an emergency rather as opposed to vast over manned overseas facilities.

A move towards more new tech, automation/autonomous vehicles, Ai etc coupled new emerging realms such as cyber and space, will also increasingly change the mix of tomorrows armed forces.
We’re already doing. They are called contractors.

Old 09-08-2023, 11:44 AM

27,246 posts, read 13,534,754 times
Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of the Sponsored Reserves in other countries.

Old 09-15-2023, 05:11 PM

57,402 posts, read 26,310,785 times
Quote:
Contractors now outnumber civil service in the military and the pay is superior. Many civilized countries have lost their interest in wars, the US is not alone. What is the future for someone joining the military today, will they stay around for 20 years, and if they leave can they find a job.

Old 09-15-2023, 05:15 PM

57,402 posts, read 26,310,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If you read the seminal documents of CRT, you'll find that they most definitely are damning you for being white, and the seminal documents of Radical Feminism are definitely damning you for being male. And I mean eternal damnation...there is no path to reconciliation or compromise. CRT and Radical Feminism uses, respectively, the same language to handle white people and males, respectively, as Das Kapital does to handle elite capitalists.

I'm an old black man telling you this. I was part of the Civil Rights era. I lived in Jim Crow segregation, I went to segregated swimming pools and schools and movie theaters, I was in the marches, I was in the transition to integration. I know the difference between 1960 and 2000 because I observed both.

And I can see where people today are vigorously implementing measures in schools, industry, and government to execute the policies defined by those CRT and Radical Feminism documents.

They probably don't effect you at this point in your life, but the speed at which they're being implemented across broad areas of society is startling.

And the critical thing to understand is that both ideologies are locked in the past. CRT is locked into the state of racial relations circa 1960, Radical Feminism is locked into the state of gender relations circa 1950, and they both presume nothing has changed since those points, and that nothing can change except by the measures they institute.
I don't see where the educational programs on racial equity are turning people away, it's relatively minor. The military is now one of the most diverse corporations in the US, what is the harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.