Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-09-2024, 07:04 PM
 
Location: California
1,421 posts, read 1,027,721 times
Reputation: 1385

Advertisements

Taxpayers foot the bill for transgender hobbyists:

https://www.uncoverdc.com/2024/04/09...d-by-taxpayers

Quote:
Did you know that the US Military is enthusiastically (and frequently) performing gender reassignment surgery on active-duty service members using your tax dollars? I received a tip from a doctor at a military hospital and investigated the policy. I was stunned by what I found. The doctor who contacted me wishes to remain nameless for fear of retribution but said these surgeries are happening weekly and perhaps multiple times per week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2024, 08:37 PM
 
Location: SC
634 posts, read 326,832 times
Reputation: 1465
lol @ that "article"
"We're doing these surgeries all the time! Just a revolving door that never ends! The trans are taking over!!!"

But anyway: good for them. If the medical professionals they consult with recommend this as the best treatment for them, I've got no problem with it. The "crushing burden to the taxpayer" doesn't bother me since it is happening at such a low rate that it doesn't even register. I also don't have any real problem with trans people in general that would color my opinion on this happening.

Nice to see some good news instead of all of the doom and gloom about recruiting and stuff. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2024, 07:03 AM
 
6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Reputation: 10930
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
lol @ that "article"
"We're doing these surgeries all the time! Just a revolving door that never ends! The trans are taking over!!!"

But anyway: good for them. If the medical professionals they consult with recommend this as the best treatment for them, I've got no problem with it. The "crushing burden to the taxpayer" doesn't bother me since it is happening at such a low rate that it doesn't even register. I also don't have any real problem with trans people in general that would color my opinion on this happening.

Nice to see some good news instead of all of the doom and gloom about recruiting and stuff. Thanks for sharing!
Another ridiculous take, but that’s about normal for you.

It is estimated that 15,500 trans people are currently serving in the US Military.

The cost to treat them all, including psycho therapy and surgeries, is hundreds of millions of dollars annually.

Since it costs about 100k to transition, the potential exists that the cost outlay for all of those people to transition would be a staggering $1.5 billion. But once you are done transitioning, you are never really done. The medical costs keep going.

Also, since gender dysphoria is really a mental illness, they need to stay in therapy, which is another staggering outlay of dollars that just never quits.

Why are the vast majority of trans people serving in the military? For no other reason than to get free transitions. Most don’t give a damn about this country.

Anyway, go onto whatever liberal media organization you normally read from and refute everything I’ve posted. You know you want to.

But I leave you with these final questions:

How much money are our adversaries wasting on transitioning people? For example, China and Russia.

How much money are the dozens of terrorist cells who want to kill us all wasting on transitioning people? For example, Hezbollah, Hamas, and ISIS?

We are such a stupid country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2024, 09:02 AM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Reputation: 5163
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
The cost to treat them all, including psycho therapy and surgeries, is hundreds of millions of dollars annually.
Any data to support that? Preferably not from one of your far right sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2024, 01:58 PM
 
6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Reputation: 10930
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Any data to support that? Preferably not from one of your far right sources.
The military is very close hold on how much they spend for trans people because everyone would be outraged if they knew the true figure.

So we have to extrapolate the data. Back when there was only about 1500 trans people in the military, they spent 5 million per year. The 5 million is just a middle of the road figure as it was estimated to be between 2.4 mill to 8.4 mill back in 2015. Now they have 10 times that amount of people to deal with, and it’s growing every year.

Also, add in the fact that health care inflation has skyrocketed over the past 3 years.

Lastly, add in the extra costs for 10x medical staff, psychologists, specialized facilities, and specialized equipment, supplies, and drugs, and the maintenance of said equipment.

I think it is quite obvious that it is well into the hundreds of millions of dollars.

But sure, since this administration won’t dare release how much they are spending on it all, you can pretend that it’s just a few dollars if you want to.

Since the leftist media wants more trans people in the military, I’m sure you can find an article, perhaps on MSNBC or wherever, that states that trans health care is such a small amount.

But here is the real problem. None of those troops that are transitioning, getting surgery and recuperating, or taking hormonal drugs, or having to see psychologists because of their mental illness, can deploy.

Basically, the military has a bunch of trans people wearing the uniform for show only. The vast majority are in no way capable of fighting.

Setting aside the incredible amount of wasted money for a moment, explain to me how trans people make the military stronger. Because I don’t see any benefit at all for them to be in uniform.

I’m a libertarian when it comes to trans people, and if they want to transition as a civilian and pay for it themselves without using taxpayer dollars, I don’t care. But when tax dollars are used, I have a huge problem with it, because it doesn’t make our country stronger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2024, 06:10 PM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Reputation: 5163
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
The military is very close hold on how much they spend for trans people because everyone would be outraged if they knew the true figure.

blah, blah, blah.....
So, you made it all up, huh?

Literally any Republican Representative or Senator could demand the data, but don't. Hmmm, I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2024, 06:19 PM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Reputation: 5163
Oh snap, data. It really was so easy to find. Seems someone asked for it. But according to you and Mahayana, that's not true.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/prod...servicemembers.

Between January 1, 2016 and May 14, 2021, DOD reportedly spent approximately $15 million to provide gender-affirming care (surgical and non-surgical care) to 1,892 servicemembers.


So, in 5+ years, the DOD spent $15 million. And suddenly, it's hundreds of millions of dollars annually according to........oh yeah, YOU.

Please try not to move the goalposts too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2024, 10:46 PM
 
6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Reputation: 10930
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Oh snap, data. It really was so easy to find. Seems someone asked for it. But according to you and Mahayana, that's not true.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/prod...servicemembers.

Between January 1, 2016 and May 14, 2021, DOD reportedly spent approximately $15 million to provide gender-affirming care (surgical and non-surgical care) to 1,892 servicemembers.


So, in 5+ years, the DOD spent $15 million. And suddenly, it's hundreds of millions of dollars annually according to........oh yeah, YOU.

Please try not to move the goalposts too far.
That doesn’t show the whole picture, and you know it. There are 15,000+ trans people in the military now, not 1,000+ like before.

Also, Trump shut a lot of that nonsense down for the 4 years of 2017-2020, so the costs were a lot smaller.

Do you think the military had the capability to treat 15,000+ before? Or do you think they had to exponentially grow that capability?

Also, inflation has caused costs to skyrocket, some services even costing 100% more than they did pre-pandemic.

Instead of finding a talking point and running with it, why not do some critical thinking?

But let me ask you this one final question. Do you actually truly believe that it costs 3 million per year to treat 15,500 trans people in 2024?

Stop trying to move the goal posts up just to push your agenda.

Also, I did some research on the author of that paper you attached. Bryce Mendez, from Hawaii of course. Went to GW of course. Looked up his twitter, and in the first couple of recent posts he’s trashing Senator Tuberville in one, and Rep Ronny Jackson in another.

Good job providing a completely biased product.

Last edited by WK91; 04-10-2024 at 10:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2024, 09:17 AM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Reputation: 5163
The Congressional Research Service. Which is:

The Congressional Research Service is a public policy research institute of the United States Congress. Operating within the Library of Congress, it works primarily and directly for members of Congress and their committees and staff on a confidential, nonpartisan basis.

So basically, they do research at the behest of Congress members. Bryce H. P. Mendez seems to be a Doctor. That he is from Hawaii seems to be bad in your estimation. Why? Trashing Tuberville should be done on a daily basis. The guy shut down promotions in the DOD for months. Even pissed off a lot of Republican Senators.

Secondly, you seemed to extrapolate data from a number despite not knowing any real facts. Trump was President from Jan 20, 2017 until January 20, 2021. And initially Trump stopped the Obama policy, then held off on the Obama policy, then started the Trump policy in 2018. He had Mattis work on a solution that allowed serving members to stay in.

So, you got the dates wrong, the Trump policy wrong, and then made up a number. You accuse me of moving the goal posts, but you still base your entire argument on a make believe number. Facts win arguments. not make believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2024, 09:22 AM
 
Location: South of Cakalaki
5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Reputation: 5163
Oh Snap, Part II.

The OP posted a link from UncoverDC. Cool, another right wing nut site. But wait, it gets better. It's supported by Truth Social. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

https://truthsocial.com/@UncoverDC

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top