Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:57 AM

409 posts, read 2,633,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
my question would be why does it matter to you if he goes into the service?

It's his life~ butt out!
LOL, NICE!!!

He decided he did not want to be with her and now they are looking for ways to make his life more complicated than it already is? Let him join the armed forces and become a citizen and reap the rewards of child support. Why does it matter what he does with his life after divorce?

I know this was probably not the advice you were looking for but this is what I think about this issue. Good Luck and I hope every thing goes well for all of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 PM

142 posts, read 455,297 times
[quote=atreidi;10312612]LOL, NICE!!!

He decided he did not want to be with her and now they are looking for ways to make his life more complicated than it already is? Let him join the armed forces and become a citizen and reap the rewards of child support. Why does it matter what he does with his life after divorce?

Let him join the armed forces and become a citizen and reap the rewards of child support. Why does it matter what he does with his life after divorce?

Are you serious?

Well dear this may surprise you to read so here goes advice from you! Funny child support, benefits, care and such have never been supplied or paid for by anyone but myself and the mother of the said child.

Second today I loaned the wife 5,000 dollars for her divorce. The marriage four months ago that he talked her into in twenty minutes cost him 70.00 dollars and it was a complete done deal in a total of one hour, in front of the clerk of courts glass window. What a total piece of S***.

Now, this is how it is the divorce has been filed and even if the divorce was planned to be filed later he is disqualified to enter the air force. He is only free to marry someone else and start all over. I have saved his dumb a** from being dishonorably discharged. Oh yes I could have waited until he had gone into the military and she could have filed the divorce after he had finished boot camp.

If I had done that it would be fraud of the government on his part and her part. As an ex system analysis for the government for 15 years I want nothing to do with fraud and I surely do not teach my house hold to lie to the government. It totally amazing me how so many people (Women) will give their child up to a person who cares nothing about the child for a 35.00 dollar pay check.

Care what he does after divorce are you kidding me I would love for this boy to spend just one day on the front line. This was nothing more than fraud on his part from the get go starting three years ago. As far as him not wanting to be with her I don't drink but if I did I would toast his next wife with a drink everyday for the rest of my life. Do you know what the ex wife has learned? If she plays in the trash can, she gets dirty, she then rubs it on her child.

We do not need people like you advising others to fraud and steel from the government. This little boy and his family lied to the government before so I am sure it is and was not going to be a problem this time. Over staying a visa in the us is against the law it is as plan and simple as that. He has been raised up in a household that has been lying to the government for a long time.

NOT MY HOUSEHOLDS PROBLEM ANYMORE!!!!

Old 08-18-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Married service members get better benefits. BAQ (or whatever it's now called) for one.

You are correct on that. But He or she that is enlisted still controls the money and where it go's. They do not have to send the family the support. So anyone marry for this reason would be crazy.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 AM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austintilelady View Post
You are correct on that. But He or she that is enlisted still controls the money and where it go's. They do not have to send the family the support. So anyone marry for this reason would be crazy.
True, but you never know what someone is thinking.

I know my wife will sometimes ask me why we got married and my reply is always, "Married officers got better benefits." We obviously are teasing each other, been married 28 years.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 AM

Default Congraduations twenty five years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
True, but you never know what someone is thinking.

I know my wife will sometimes ask me why we got married and my reply is always, "Married officers got better benefits." We obviously are teasing each other, been married 28 years.
Your right so I think all we can do is watch their actions.

I wish I could hung you and your wife. I bet the two of you are a hoot. Congraduations on your long marriage. I wonder twenty years from now how many times I will hear that someone has been married for twenty five years.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 5,402 times
Exclamation Deployment & Divorce

My son is currently deployed and a few months into his tour, he & his wife have decided to divorce. If only it were that easy....

She is stateside and had access to all of his accounts of which she wiped him out (even savings). We have since regained control of the bank account and some other accounts that she established in his name. She is also scheduling the baby for all kinds of treatments that are not covered by Tri-Care - which again, are in my son's names (and questionable that the baby needs all this "extra" care).

What can be done to order her to cease & desist? Legal has told him the amount he should give her monthly - and he has set that up as an allotment, but how can he stop her from running up bills in his name?

We (think) have regained control over the other accounts - is there anything I can do? We live in separate states and my son is giving me power of attorney over his affairs - since he is so out of reach/touch where he is located.

Any suggestions?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM

108 posts, read 386,083 times
Does she have a power of attorney?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:36 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareporta View Post
but how can he stop her from running up bills in his name?
You have power of attorney, you should insure all the accounts they shared in name be closed. Any accounts she opens without his approval could be considered fraudulent. I am not an attorney... You might have to get a civilian attorney...

Rich

Old 12-02-2009, 04:33 PM

1,707 posts, read 7,032,466 times
Is there a legal separation agreement; I think that is what's needed. I had one drawn up by the military legal office while deployed to Iraq. The next trick will be trying to get her to sign it.

Also with him deployed he can put a freeze on his credit so that no new accounts can he opened in his name. You would contact the credit reporting agencies to do this. I think it can be done online.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:12 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times
If he did the paperwork he was required to do to put the baby in DEERS, then ANY and all tests the baby needs are covered. While she can take the baby to a doctor off the plan, in a court of law, she would have to prove that she attempted to go through Tricare first.

Again, that would be only IF he did the paperwork to get the baby into DEERS. (She cannot do it, only the servicemember can)

He needs to make his command aware of the situation. If he gave her POA before he left, they can help him rescind that, as well as file for legal separation, to keep her from doing any further damage.

Without a current POA, she is not allowed to legally open accounts in his name. He will not be responsible for them if she does. Perhaps an attorney could explain this to him further. If she does not have a current POA and is opening accounts in his name, that is fraud - whether or not they are legally separated and he (or someone acting in his behalf with a legal POA) should contact the local DA (local to where she lives).

When my dh was active, we heard a lot of stories - horror stories from both sides. People are cruel. And some people lie. How many times did I hear about some guy coming home to piles of bills and an empty home? How many times did we hear about some wife needing $$ for food because her loving dh had emptied out the accounts from overseas and left her and the kids without food, money for the electric bill, etc? Too many to count.

(BTW... if he did NOT sign the baby up for DEERS and the enrollment window has passed, he will most likely be solely responsible for all medical bills that are accumulated until he fixes this)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues