Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 AM

5,289 posts, read 1,232,972 times

Advertisements

yeah, I love being on base!!! I don't care if it is Army, Navy, AF, Marines, CG. Guys just look FINE in uniform!!! =) And I get to marry a guy that not only looks hot, but I love!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Congratulations. I have the upmost respect for Military wives.
Military Spouse/Family Member: Toughest job in the military!

Old 12-08-2008, 08:25 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Military Spouse/Family Member: Toughest job in the military!
It certainly is

Old 12-08-2008, 09:10 AM

I guess I should have said I love being on POST earlier...I'm slowly going to learn the ARMY lingo. By the way--NAVY thrashed ARMY on Saturday!!!! 34-0!!! I had fun e-mailing that tidbit to GI JOE!!! =)

Old 12-08-2008, 05:11 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,572,215 times
Often it isn't the wife who has the problem adjusting to Army (military) married life, it is the one in uniform--the dude. Make sure that he jumps through ALL of the hoops to get you and ID card. The card is EVERYTHING. Without it, no access to anything---nothing.

Learn about the military medical system. You may be using TRICARE. Don't wait until you need some medical attention to find out how the system works--or doesn't sometimes.

As a Beret, he will be gone a lot. You will be on your own. You must be able to function alone. It gets more challenging with children.

Gather information. Learn the systems. Make sure he is on board with you on this. It is challenging but necessary.

All the best.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:44 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Let him deal with the TA 50!

Know how to read his LES and what the lingo is on that. Can be very confusing especially if he gets extra money from missions or deployments.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:01 PM

Yeah, I've already been educating myself on the LES (never had to deal with that as a mil kid)! It was strange the first time I saw one!!! Made me appreciate my straight forward pay stub!

I've told I want my i.d. card right away, and I want him to get me a POA right away, since he will be gone often. We've also just redone our wills (talk about something I didn't think about doing as I planned my wedding!).

I've just stumbled upon my first "married to the military" roadblocks...it looks like we will be rescheduling our wedding...but it was going to be small anyway...some training or something came up that he wants to take, and I'm all for him being more prepared!

Oh and why do you mil guys have to have multiple camelpacks and like 12 of everything!?! I was going through his stuff with him as he packed up, and I saw some things that he would need, that we/he had and I'm like "hon here is that thing you need." "Nope, they are issuing new ones, and if I bring mine, do you think they will give me a new one?" BUT HE HAD 3 or 4 already!!! I'm doomed to live in a house with a geardo!!! WHY!?!

Old 12-08-2008, 08:04 PM

I will say that since i've been living in the civilian world I've missed the commissary. There is nothing like going to a commissary on payday or the next day, especially since I'm a people watcher!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyPoohFan317 View Post
I will say that since i've been living in the civilian world I've missed the commissary. There is nothing like going to a commissary on payday or the next day, especially since I'm a people watcher!
After a while, you'll learn NOT to go to the commissary on payday. A day or two earlier is easier. Even better yet, have your wife do the shopping there!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:06 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
I learned that lesson REAL QUICK. Especially if a case lot sale fell on a payday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues