Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 12:35 PM

9 posts, read 50,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Anyone serve at Wildflecken??Our family was there 83-90.

Was dependent wife 54th Engrs A Co . I was very actively involved supportive with the ACS, Wives Club, PTA and a Foster Parent....

Paula
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,418 times
I was stationed there between 1974 to 1975. I was at B Company 3rd Infantry Div. 2nd of 15th. It was great time. beautiful country. Fulda, Franckful, Munich, Berchergarden were beautiful places. My friends were, Diaz from Las Piedras, Cotto from Aguas Buenas, Conde from Santa Isabel, my brother Irizarry, Cesar from Humacao, Gelpi from Bayamon, Fernandini, Guarbel, Ruiz from Ponce, a bunch more. Good times.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,352 times
I was assigned Wildflecken in 1952-53 when The armed forces were integrated. From the 1st Division stationed in Aschaffenburg. Wildflecken what a jolt that station was, to be kind I will say "remote"! On may day we were lined up on the Border expecting a crossing by Russian troops.
. Which was futile to even think, we were prepared and equipped to even slow any crossing down. I believe the Area chief of staff wanted to tell the pentagon, lookie were prepared LOL yea right. Cold Bad weather snow, lived in barracks that had a stove in the room or freeze. I was one of 10 Caucasians assigned to the base as the first integrations of troops. The Top looked at me all 5`9 135 lbs. of me & said "the first day is the only chance you will get to make your bones". Then the co commander a Captain who was west Point. looked at me .I swear he was thinking well this guy is on his way back to Aschaffenburg.
A few common army everyday issues which pop up on any base. Not many because we all knew the importance of integration. I served out the year with the unit, my command excelling in every training mission. My year time overseas was up I shipped out stateside. Miss the friendships and respect we had for each other, but never will miss Wildflecken Germany.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,300 times
I was stationed in Wildflecken, Germany in 1976 and 1977 in B Company and part time in A Company 54th Engineers. Love it there I was from Florida never saw snow till I hit Germany at 19. Hung out at the Swi Tanen disco down town. If you were there then contact me at [email]leepinder@bellsouth.net[/email] Thanks Lee Pinder

Old 10-10-2013, 02:55 AM

1 posts, read 4,266 times
Stationed in Wildflecken 1975-1977 with 498th MP detachment, 2nd AD. I remember the Zwei Tannen Disco. A happening place. Loved my tour of duty in Wildflecken.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:47 PM

367 posts, read 765,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Walker View Post
Stationed in Wildflecken 1975-1977 with 498th MP detachment, 2nd AD. I remember the Zwei Tannen Disco. A happening place. Loved my tour of duty in Wildflecken.
Fantastic recall ability. I spent many an evening there. The fussball tables were my main hangout. Was there 1982-1984. Tony's Pizzeria was the place to after the discoteque closed. Five marks for a special and eating it while walking up the hill was the norm.

In case it wasn't brought up earlier in this thread the owner of Jerry's Keller bar was a Stasi informant and hauled off by the authorities after the wall fell. Operational security was our watchword back in the day.

The "Wildchicken" memories are endless.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,231 times
Stationed there in 66-68 . Only place left in europe at the time that still got overseas pay besides west Berlin. One week every month you were out in the field for maneuvers.winters were rough. Weekend pass you went to Frankfurt.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:24 PM

9 posts, read 25,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMetzler View Post
Hi Everyone...
A few of us have been looking for other soliders and wives that were stationed at Wildflecken.... Please reply to this posting.

If you knew someone from 54th Engr A Co and was active with events and outtings please feel free to post also.

Or have any updates on anyone.... We would love to hear from you.

The wives club was very much involved supporting our soliders... and families.

If anyone has any ideas how to reach anyone from during that time please give me a holler thanks.

PMetzler
hello I was at wildflicke from 1980 to 1982 I s 144 0rdance company

Old 02-03-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Anyone serve at Wildflecken??Our family was there 83-90.
I was in the 144 ordance company 1980to 1982

Old 02-03-2014, 09:54 PM

my name is gail hyden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues