Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:22 AM

1,707 posts, read 7,034,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Re cleaning out.....I had a brother that had 14 years in the service, was in Viet Nam twice. But, he had a drinking problem so, they gave him a choice, quit drinking or get out. He got out.

My son is in the Army Nat'l Guard, I guess. He was up for E9 (?) twice but no slots ever came open. Now he is going to Warrant Officers school @ 47 years old. He said it was tough but he passed the physical training portion without too much trouble.
Good for him WOCS school isn't easy and is very stressful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 04:08 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Re cleaning out.....I had a brother that had 14 years in the service, was in Viet Nam twice. But, he had a drinking problem so, they gave him a choice, quit drinking or get out. He got out.

My son is in the Army Nat'l Guard, I guess. He was up for E9 (?) twice but no slots ever came open. Now he is going to Warrant Officers school @ 47 years old. He said it was tough but he passed the physical training portion without too much trouble.
I wonder what kind of waiver (signature wise) that needed?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:45 PM

3 posts, read 9,546 times
Smile So, I just finished enlisting with ANG...

I am currently working full time as a grill cook in a hospital, and my RSP starts in October, and my Basic training will start around January 2011. I gave my notice to my employer that I am part of the National Guard, and I have to do my RSP and my training. Can my employer use my two weekend a month as my days off from work? I usually have my days-off in the weekdays, but my employer is going to use my RSP as my days off and work the rest of the days as a full time. Can my employer do this type of practice?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:49 PM

3 posts, read 9,546 times
In my civilian job, I work five times a week, 8 hours a day. I have two days off, and also part of the Army National Guard. My civilian employer may use my days off, when I go to my RSP or the two weekend a month training after my AIT. Does this type of practice legal under USERRA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues