Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 AM

2 posts, read 4,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
ask him who chesty puller is (only the closest thing to deity in the usmc).

ask him if he ever knew any marines that got in trouble for going AWOL (marines go UA, army goes AWOL; means Unauthorized Absence).

ask him if any of the marine medics in his unit were chicks (marines don't have medics, and even if they did, girls wouldn't deploy with his supposed 'assassin' infantry unit).

ask him if he ever goes out to eat in his cammies (marines can't wear their cammies off of base unless they are deployed).

ask him what rifle qualification he was (from least to greatest: marksman (pizza box), sharpshooter (iron cross), or expert (crossed rifles)).

ask him if he went to boot camp in arizona or jersey (marine corps boot camps are located in san diego and paris island).

ask him if his drill sergeants ever called him 'maggot' in boot camp (marines have drill instructors, not drill sergeants).

first though, before you ask him any of these things, make sure that you read up on them a bit, so that you can fully appreciate his blundering lies when he gives em.

aaron out.

ask him what his services number, mos, and when he deros.

DEROS = Date Eligible for Return from Overseas

MOS = Military Occupational Specialty

SERVICES NUMBER = military members were assigned a service number at time of enlistment. however, that was changed and military personnel now use their social security number as their service number.

see what happens.

oh sorry that's for ARMY
[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Last edited by catnip707; 05-29-2012 at 01:32 AM..

Old 06-06-2012, 07:19 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,596,402 times
Or ask them what their fifth general order is.

I never caught one, but this guy on AGT is apparently lying about an injury suffered while in the military.

Military disputes TV contestant's claim of combat injuries - U.S. - Stripes

Old 06-10-2012, 06:33 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,187,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Our talk using Navy pitsnipe slang and technical terms reminded me of the number of fake veterans out there. You ever use such terms or slang to catch a fake veteran in the act and call him on it? My one time was when donating clothing to the homeless shelter and this guy was begging saying he was a homeless vet. Was real easy to catch him on it when he claimed to have served in the Navy. Few sentences into the conversation he admitted the truth. He arrived at Navy bootcamp and failed the drug test.

not yet, but we have a guy here at work who might be questionable. he says that he is a former navy seal sniper. it isnt impossible, but the way he talks I wonder if he was even in the military, wish there was a way I could find out for sure about him.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:14 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,679,906 times
It does seem that almost everyone who served in Vietnam was in the 101st Airborne and there was a height requirement for Special Forces

Old 06-11-2012, 06:25 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,596,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
not yet, but we have a guy here at work who might be questionable. he says that he is a former navy seal sniper. it isnt impossible, but the way he talks I wonder if he was even in the military, wish there was a way I could find out for sure about him.
I have a co-worker who claims he was in the Army for a few years. Never seen any evidence to the contrary but no evidence to prove it either. Most people who served in the military have a lot to say about it, whether good or bad.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:55 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,009,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It does seem that almost everyone who served in Vietnam was in the 101st Airborne and there was a height requirement for Special Forces
I actually have a 101st patch on my class "A's"..........when I was discharged........ they were out of 1st aviation brigade patches..........so the guy said "well you need to pick something for us to put on your uniform or you won't get out"............so I said gimme that eagle patch...........

Old 06-13-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I actually have a 101st patch on my class "A's"..........when I was discharged........ they were out of 1st aviation brigade patches..........so the guy said "well you need to pick something for us to put on your uniform or you won't get out"............so I said gimme that eagle patch...........
That's sad, my Unit changed patches four times in 18 months MACV-USARV-IIFFV-back to MACV hard to keep up. My point is that a lot of people DD214 do not suppoort their patches

Old 06-17-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
If you were still in the Army they would tell you to take it off. Every year or two they take a picture of you in uniform and ensure you aren't wearing aanything that iis not in your file. Unless you were assigned to the 101st you wouldn't be wearing it

Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,009,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
If you were still in the Army they would tell you to take it off. Every year or two they take a picture of you in uniform and ensure you aren't wearing aanything that iis not in your file. Unless you were assigned to the 101st you wouldn't be wearing it

Last time I wore it was on the plane home......been in the closet ever since...........except a few times to see if it still fit........about 15 years ago could not get it buttoned..............haven't tried since.

I just left the patch on to remind me of that day I got out..........typical last army SNAFU

Old 06-18-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Last time I wore it was on the plane home......been in the closet ever since...........except a few times to see if it still fit........about 15 years ago could not get it buttoned..............haven't tried since.

I just left the patch on to remind me of that day I got out..........typical last army SNAFU
Proud to say that the Dress Blues I retired in would be big on me now. Luckily I found someone to buy them and made a little money on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues