Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:18 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times

Advertisements

Looks like some SPEDULUS may help bring some more folks to Raleigh. If I was unemployed elsewhere and saw 4200 jobs opening up, it would make me think about it.

National Guard to get $56M HQ; 4,200 new jobs expected :: WRAL.com

"Work on the project, which is expected to create up to 4,200 jobs, could start by early summer and is scheduled to be finished within two years."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 04:02 PM

646 posts, read 2,049,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Looks like some SPEDULUS may help bring some more folks to Raleigh. If I was unemployed elsewhere and saw 4200 jobs opening up, it would make me think about it.

National Guard to get $56M HQ; 4,200 new jobs expected :: WRAL.com

"Work on the project, which is expected to create up to 4,200 jobs, could start by early summer and is scheduled to be finished within two years."
Oh yes, because we all know that the people here aren't intelligent enough to get these jobs. If it wasn't for transplants they couldn't hire anyone.

Do you have any clue?

Old 03-25-2009, 04:18 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
Oh yes, because we all know that the people here aren't intelligent enough to get these jobs. If it wasn't for transplants they couldn't hire anyone.

Do you have any clue?

WHAT????

I am saying that an announcement of a large number of new jobs might make other people think about moving here. Wouldn't you if you didn't have a job?

Old 03-25-2009, 04:19 PM

360 posts, read 995,221 times
Aren't most of those jobs just temporary while the buildings are being built? I'm sure most of those will go to immigrants, that's how the greedy contractors roll

Old 03-25-2009, 04:44 PM

360 posts, read 995,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
i feel like posting something and having the crap that you do in your info/status/whatever sort of invalidates everything you say, and borders on something i'd think the censorship-prone mods would help you with
Well, there are some people out there that simply do not like Obama, they won't admit it's because of his color, but the way they are trying to sabotage his presidency kinda makes it seem otherwise. I have never before seen people want a president to fail, even when Bush was president we still wanted things to get better, but now there are actually people who want things to get worse to prove some point about Obama, it's craziness!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:07 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,047,733 times
Default reply

it is not his color, it is his crazy policies that bother me. i do want him to fail at what he is trying to achieve. The stock market sure as heck does not like Barry's economic policies. If he were a purple midget i would feel the exact same way.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,106,871 times
You're kidding right? They kept a daily body count to hold against Bush and had tickers counting down his days, minutes and seconds left in office. My, people have short memories...

Old 03-25-2009, 05:11 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,047,733 times
Default reply

Harry Reid stood up and proclaimed that the war in Iraq was lost. The dems wanted us to lose that war. Well guess what, he was WRONG. We have essentially won.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:12 PM

9 posts, read 33,985 times
Default Republicans are evil! They eat babies!

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Old 03-25-2009, 05:31 PM

9 posts, read 33,985 times
" The dems wanted us to lose that war."

How is this any more valid and acceptable than me saying that Republicans eat babies. Both are ridiculous statements, but for some reason that trash that these wacko right wingers spout off is generally accepted for some reason.

I am trying to make a point here that there is a gross double standard. Republicans are able to throw around broad statements with no basis in fact and we liberals just need to grin and bear it. But god forbid someone on the left suggest that the Bush and Cheney cabal are war criminals (with much evidence to support this) and immediately we're cast aside as the lunatic fringe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues