Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 10:39 PM

5 posts, read 10,537 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I lived at 202D from August '60-August '63...4th-6th grades. I played for the Picadores for 2 years then the Spartans. I remember Mr. Oscal as my manager. Neighborhood kids were Sammy and Jimmy Gonzalez...Fred and Pat Navagato...Johnny Clark....Dennis Edwards...Gilbert Pinkerton, or Pinkleton...and a few more but names have faded. My name is Frank, my younger brother was Mike. My dad was supply sgt. at Torrejon. If anyone recognizes any of the names, don't hesitate to respond. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 11:29 PM

9 posts, read 30,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbshell View Post
Brings back old memories. Remember the candy man, The Pie man in his three wheel truck (I think it was 15 cents for a small pie), Sewer hoping and swapping comics in front of the pool. I was there from 69 to 72. 5th and 6th grade. Still remember our phone number 623.

I don't remember our phone number but I remember my best friend and I living across from each other, and the huge bay window in the dining rooms, faced each other with our phones on the ledge. Don't ask me why but we loved to be looking at each other through our windows picking up the phone and asking for each other's number and hearing the operator say "Is Bisy" hard to do the accent on here, but you guys should know what I mean.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbshell View Post
I was there at the same time, same age, same teachers as you. Lived up behind the pool.
Same teacher? I had Ms. Maleki (sp) fifth grade at Royal Oaks, was in Mrs. Fraziers homeroom at Torrejon

I lived at the back gate, down the hill from the hitching post.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarnes View Post
We were stationed at Torrejon 70 -72. We lived in Royal Oaks and I went to the middle school on base. Anyone remember: Cathy Tanner, Debbie Gleason, Sarah Stumph, Ricky Dunn, Andre Lynch, Greg Elkins, the two brothers Timothy and Calvin, David Earhart, Joe Torelli?
I do remember Sarah Stumph, she was the first friend I made at Plaza Castillo when I moved there. Her father worked for NASA somehow.

Old 06-21-2015, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,080 times
hi i'm looking for friends where i spent my holydays since" 1987 auguest at royal oaks madrid in spain
the names family is mrs christ Bilodeau ..David and windy

im from algeria and i hope to meet them in the future....please

Old 07-22-2015, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,988 times
Red face Passing of Lea Gerhartz

I'm very sorry to inform you all that my beloved aunt Lea Gerhartz passed away about 2 weeks ago we're going to miss her. Adios dulce tia. Te quiero.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,893 times
I lived on Royal Oaks 1969-1971. My husband Sgt deejay Hayes worked at Torrejon on the radio communications and worked evenings showing the movies at the theatre..We lived near the Fruitera that turned into a bar club at night. Wine delivered to your door for .18cents bottle . Same price as gas on base. Jeanie in the block and her husband babysat the local children. She was a saint. A commissary truck came around everyday. Smokes $1 a packet...My son Shen went to 1st grade school. Bought oil paintings from the street merchants. Everyone was soaking their local vegetables in bleached water ..I never did as I come from New Zealand ..we like to build up a few anti bodies! We all lived to make it back to upstate NY, 6 yrs Germany and 12 years Hawaii. It was a great time. Eating late and nite clubing, shucking oysters at 5 in the morning at the oyster bar,
Driving home you might be lucky the street cleaner gave you a free car wash with his hose. Miss those Tapas!

Old 09-04-2015, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,860 times
Nice page, here is my experience: I am from Madrid, no ties to the USAF. I lived near Royal Oaks (Soto de La Moraleja) from 1978 to 1994. I attended Liceo Europeo, a school that shared its fence with some of the houses in Royal Oaks (we used to call it Encinar de los Reyes.) I remember the snow ball fights in the winter with the American kids. We were in love with the big front wheelers you guys rode, also the Nike shoes, not available in Spain back then. I loved riding my bike in those streets, it was kinda exotic, like living in another country, so peaceful and neat. I visited your HS twice, my school was putting together a play and for some reason we borrowed your auditorium. Nobody here has mentioned a bar (later years) called Peivys or something like that, it had a pool table and it was near the freeway entrance.
I now live in California, after marrying 21 years ago my English teacher (totally unrelated to ROAKS), this goes to show you how small the world is sometimes. I liked you yanks then and I still do.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:04 AM

22 posts, read 47,541 times
Default Hiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksa09 View Post
By all means, share.
Lived above the Officers' Club? On base?
Across from the Fruteria, on the high road, I knew the Dempseys, Cathy and Ben, their folks had a red and white 64 Dodge Station Wagon in '69 and the fire lane that ran thru our driveway that led to the low road was across from the Fruteria.
I'm trying to remember how the base was layed-out, the relationship between the O-Club, Pool- which I clearly remember- and the fruiteria & theatre. I stumbled upon a map of the base, but can't relate or get myself oriented onto the map and it's also on 2 pages could be more clear (it's more like a military "Sketch Map") but with detail,; I'll dig it up and post it here.

Hey fellow members:

KEEP THE PAGE ACTIVE AND ALIVE! POST SOMETHING

Old 11-28-2015, 10:36 AM

22 posts, read 47,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_1951 View Post
Hey guys, I lived at 202D from August '60-August '63...4th-6th grades. I played for the Picadores for 2 years then the Spartans. I remember Mr. Oscal as my manager. Neighborhood kids were Sammy and Jimmy Gonzalez...Fred and Pat Navagato...Johnny Clark....Dennis Edwards...Gilbert Pinkerton, or Pinkleton...and a few more but names have faded. My name is Frank, my younger brother was Mike. My dad was supply sgt. at Torrejon. If anyone recognizes any of the names, don't hesitate to respond. thanks.
I remember the name as being: "peckels" or "pickels"... "Pinkerton" would make more sense.
I was there from 1964-'67
Kenneth King
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues