Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2007, 07:54 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times

Advertisements

I don't know if this is appropriate to do in a "State" forum as opposed to a "General" one, but I would like to thank all the Veterans for their service to our country and to ask everyone to remember those who did not make it home.

My Dad was a WWII veteran and my husband is a Vietnam veteran - I made it a point to thank my Dad when he was a alive and I also make it a point to thank my husband, so wanted to extend my thanks to those in our new state of residence as well.

Please take some time this weekend to remember our veterans as you go about your holiday weekend activities.

To those who made it back, from whatever era - Welcome Home - To those who didn't make it back - You Are Remembered...............Thank you.....

Old 05-26-2007, 11:51 AM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,174,685 times
Yes, thank you to all those who served our country with honor and courage.

On Monday, I'll be making my annual trip to the local National Cemetery to pay my respects. And I'll also be thinking about the Veterans Memorial Bridge in Littleton.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times
Thumbs up To Windchimes03561! Thank You For This Thread!

HELLO WINDCHIMES03561!

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS THREAD!

GREAT THREAD!

So many times we all tend to enjoy this long weekend without thinking what it is for! .........
We should NEVER take for granted our servicemen & women, and the great job they provide for all of us! And what they have done for us in the past!
And taking care of our FREEDOM! That sometimes we also take for granted!...
So, I join you in GIVING THANKS TO ALL OF THOSE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT HAVE SACRIFICED THEMSELVES FOR ALL OF US!
AND FOR THOSE THAT CONTINUE TO DO SO EVERYDAY!
So we can enjoy this WONDERFUL COUNTRY OF OURS!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! TO ALL THE VETERANS!
WELCOME HOME !
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
COUNTRYLV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by windchimes03561 View Post
I don't know if this is appropriate to do in a "State" forum as opposed to a "General" one, but I would like to thank all the Veterans for their service to our country and to ask everyone to remember those who did not make it home.

My Dad was a WWII veteran and my husband is a Vietnam veteran - I made it a point to thank my Dad when he was a alive and I also make it a point to thank my husband, so wanted to extend my thanks to those in our new state of residence as well.

Please take some time this weekend to remember our veterans as you go about your holiday weekend activities.

To those who made it back, from whatever era - Welcome Home - To those who didn't make it back - You Are Remembered...............Thank you.....

Old 05-26-2007, 05:39 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Thank you for this thread, windchimes03561, and thank you to those who already posted, and said it all. Our servicemen deserve our gratitude and our respect. If it weren't for them, the "Live Free or Die" motto would be meaningless, and our state (i.e. our condition) in this country would be far different. We all need to learn to appreciate and cherish what we have, and what our servicemen have fought for and many died for.

Thank you to all (and their families) hardly says it, but it comes from deep within.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:07 PM

151 posts, read 817,249 times
very thoughtful thread. i'd like to echo the same sentiments as well...to my dad, who is a vietnam vet, and to all the other vets out there. you are my heroes.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:57 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,647 times
Very well put. With family, friends, and ones unknown to us, that gave there lives and even today, are giving there lives for us and our freedoms. My thoughts are with them always, but especially These coming days. This weekend isn't for us it is for them. When ever you see them just say thank you. Regardless of the era they are from. They help shape this great country and this weekend Deserve a little fun. Here's to all of the Veterans out there and Thank you.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,014,209 times
Thank you. Amen and God Bless our Veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues